skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Zuw said:

Similar to other people on this thread, my petition expires pretty soon. What do I do for an extension if I do not get an interview date before the petition expires?

same inquiry that i have. i guess what we can do is to call the consulate or nvc and request for information about this critical issue. call nvc at exactly 9am or before 9am. there will be no queue. ;)

Edited by wingman23

Timeline
39 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

same inquiry that i have. i guess what we can do is to call the consulate or nvc and request for information about this critical issue. call nvc at exactly 9am or before 9am. there will be no queue. ;)

We should be OK. It seems like having an unexpired petition is not even possible for a lot of us right now. I contacted the consulate and this was their response:

Please note that you may indeed attend your appointment even if the I-129F petition has expired. Although consular officers have the authority to revalidate the I-129F petition for another 4 months, they are not legally required to do so for every case.These decisions are rendered on an individual case basis at the time of the interview.

Edited by ScooterJones

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Received the first CEAC "Ready" today.

Of course this has to happen the week I leave for Spain for 12 days. 🙃 I want to be super on top of things, but I also know I have to chill a little and not be too eager and allow things to process.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

Received the first CEAC "Ready" today.

Of course this has to happen the week I leave for Spain for 12 days. 🙃 I want to be super on top of things, but I also know I have to chill a little and not be too eager and allow things to process.

hahaha what a timing.. ;) goodluck!!!

first thing i did after receiving the first ready was to send the packet 3 requirements. we then received 2 more ready updates from the ceac website before we resent the packet 3. after a day, we got packet 4. ;) never received packet 3 email from them. and guess what? i was in the airport going to jax when we resent the packet 3.

Timeline

very important confirmation please - when you sign in into the ais-usvisa-info.com website, does it show IMMIGRANT VISA on top? i chose K application when i was creating my account so i'm sure i got it right. but just want to confirm with you guys if you are seeing the same - IMMIGRANT VISA - on the top right corner. When I chose NIV mode, the account just shows my user account name and nothing else.

thanks for the prompt response!

image.png.61d0f2cacd56e42867a5b5a6eaaf397a.png

Edited by wingman23
adding the image for clarity.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Dasa and Yvonne said:

Yes, we’re still waiting.

Hopefully it will be opened soon. As my research, it was opened around 14-16 every month. 

Thank you. Our category CR1/IR1 is still not moving since April. ☹️

4 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Thank you. Our category CR1/IR1 is still not moving since April. ☹️

As I knew, based on my cousin’s case, she said the consular will pick your interview date for CR1 or maybe her lawyer did for her. I am not sure tho. 

It’s kinda lucky draw 😭😭😭

Edited by Dasa and Yvonne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dasa and Yvonne said:

As I knew, based on my cousin’s case, she said the consular will pick your interview date for CR1 or maybe her lawyer did for her. I am not sure tho. 

It’s kinda lucky draw 😭😭😭

NVC schedules for us. You are lucky guys! Nobody knows what is going on. 😭

Is your cousin done?

1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

NVC schedules for us. You are lucky guys! Nobody knows what is going on. 😭

Is your cousin done?

My cousin, she was done and traveled to US already. She said she received the email from NVC. I am not sure her lawyer booked appointment date for her or NVC picked for her. Her process was kinda fast. 

Just pray and hope some slots will opened soon in this weekend or perhaps next week. 

I am kinda like on pins and needles 😣😣😣

Timeline

still waiting for interview dates to open up... hard to wait.. but patience is a virtue so keep on signing in and checking those traffic lights, palm trees or pedestrian crossing pictures... hahahahaha

Timeline

We're waiting for dates to open too! From other peoples' experience, do they open multiple dates for the month at the same time? Refreshing the page like a maniac... It'll be great if we can notify each other on here when spots for November start to appear!

Fingers crossed for all of us! 🤞🤞

Timeline
On 9/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, pandp said:

We're waiting for dates to open too! From other peoples' experience, do they open multiple dates for the month at the same time? Refreshing the page like a maniac... It'll be great if we can notify each other on here when spots for November start to appear!

Fingers crossed for all of us! 🤞🤞

Same boat here... constantly checking.  YES please update us here if you see dates open.  I will do the same.  

They open multiple dates mostly on Wednesdays, historically.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.