skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2019 at 11:58 AM, wingman23 said:

still waiting for interview dates to open up... hard to wait.. but patience is a virtue so keep on signing in and checking those traffic lights, palm trees or pedestrian crossing pictures... hahahahaha

lol same here!

I've been looking at it since the end of August, and no luck yet. Hopefully something opens soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Oh_Canada said:

lol same here!

I've been looking at it since the end of August, and no luck yet. Hopefully something opens soon! 

i hate this waiting game.. and if u miss it, you are going to wait again for another turn..

why don't they just assign us an interview date right away? is that hard?

12 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

i hate this waiting game.. and if u miss it, you are going to wait again for another turn..

why don't they just assign us an interview date right away? is that hard?

Yuppp.. that would make more sense! Do you guys know if the next interview dates will be for November or which month are we looking at right now?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Oh_Canada said:

Yuppp.. that would make more sense! Do you guys know if the next interview dates will be for November or which month are we looking at right now?

Scooterjones got oct30. So i bet we r waiting for nov dates now. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

Scooterjones got oct30. So i bet we r waiting for nov dates now. 

Was just about to say that but you beat me to it. :)I wish ours would have been earlier because I had already booked a trip to Canada until Oct 15th, but now that the interview is the 30th I get to spend another $1k to meet my fiance at the interview. Fun times :) lol

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Oh_Canada said:

Yikes! Oh well, at you have the interview booked! :) When did you book your interview? Around what time were you able to do it? Thank you

I booked my interview on August 14th. The only available date was October 30th at 7:30am and 8:00am. I chose 8:00am. It looks like everyone is having trouble finding dates at this time. 

8 minutes ago, ScooterJones said:

I booked my interview on August 14th. The only available date was October 30th at 7:30am and 8:00am. I chose 8:00am. It looks like everyone is having trouble finding dates at this time. 

Nice! So I guess it's been a month since they open interview dates, which is crazy! This process is SO STRESSFUL! Hopefully the dates open soon. I will post here when they do 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Oh_Canada said:

Fingers crossed! 

Guys, on my schedule appointment page, it doesn't show the "payment" section, as it does for most people. Did I do something wrong?

image.png.a0ff0457aa4958743f53d56836020100.png

i have this view. why it's different? are you applying for a k1-visa? also, when i opened up my account, it directed me to IV page (immigrant visa) and not NIV (non-immigrant visa). saw some K1-visa applicants with the same view as mine...

image.thumb.png.20a4a650cb8c00798416460a8fbdd478.png

14 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

i have this view. why it's different? are you applying for a k1-visa? also, when i opened up my account, it directed me to IV page (immigrant visa) and not NIV (non-immigrant visa). saw some K1-visa applicants with the same view as mine...

image.thumb.png.20a4a650cb8c00798416460a8fbdd478.png

I called them and I set up my online profile wrong (for immigrant not non-immigrant, which is the K1 case). Now that I fixed it, and have the same view as yours! :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oh_Canada said:

I called them and I set up my online profile wrong (for immigrant not non-immigrant, which is the K1 case). Now that I fixed it, and have the same view as yours! :) 

Glad you got it fixed! So at this stage, we choose non-immigrant, right?

Timeline
3 hours ago, klgck said:

Glad you got it fixed! So at this stage, we choose non-immigrant, right?

1 hour ago, Oh_Canada said:

Correct! :)

i tried both ways (NIV and IV options)... and it will direct you to the same page (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/signup/iv)...  as long as you choose the K-visa option on both ways.

for NIV - you press apply and choose k-visa. next page will tell you some info about k-visa and click on create new account. that will lead you to the sign up page.

for IV - you press register and choose k-visa. next page will take you to the sign up page.

when you are logged in, you'll notice IMMIGRANT VISA next to the HOME-LANGUAGE-ACTIONS drop-down options on the top right of the page.

hope that helps.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

i tried both ways (NIV and IV options)... and it will direct you to the same page (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/signup/iv)...  as long as you choose the K-visa option on both ways.

for NIV - you press apply and choose k-visa. next page will tell you some info about k-visa and click on create new account. that will lead you to the sign up page.

for IV - you press register and choose k-visa. next page will take you to the sign up page.

when you are logged in, you'll notice IMMIGRANT VISA next to the HOME-LANGUAGE-ACTIONS drop-down options on the top right of the page.

hope that helps.

Great to know! Thanks for always being so thorough in your responsss, it's greatly appreciated 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.