skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Amazing thanks for your help. What do you mean you made sure that your app was postmarked before the 24th?? Is that your signed dates you mean in the app?

No, it meant that the date i sent it via ups is before feb 24, which was feb 17, written in the receipt. Signed dates were between feb 11 to 15. 😉

Timeline
9 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

No, it meant that the date i sent it via ups is before feb 24, which was feb 17, written in the receipt. Signed dates were between feb 11 to 15. 😉

Gotcha! Congrats on getting it in :)

I am printing off the new forms now, guess ill just have to be part of the after feb 24 gang. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Gotcha! Congrats on getting it in :)

I am printing off the new forms now, guess ill just have to be part of the after feb 24 gang. 

Make sure to read the instructions too. I-944 had been added to on or after Feb24 submissions. Not 100% sure if u have to do both i864 and i944 or whatever applies to u, just one of them.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

Make sure to read the instructions too. I-944 had been added to on or after Feb24 submissions. Not 100% sure if u have to do both i864 and i944 or whatever applies to u, just one of them.

6 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

Thanks, I've decided to do AOS stuff today and get it out by friday so I file before feb 24.... AHH stressful but worth it! 

Timeline
On 2/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Thanks, I've decided to do AOS stuff today and get it out by friday so I file before feb 24.... AHH stressful but worth it! 

Hope it's going well for you! We have been so stressed about it, especially since we are leaving for Florida on Saturday and just learned about the requirement Tuesday. Plan is to send it out tomorrow, too. It honestly felt better to get it done quicker than over a few weeks despite the stress hahah.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, klgck said:

Hope it's going well for you! We have been so stressed about it, especially since we are leaving for Florida on Saturday and just learned about the requirement Tuesday. Plan is to send it out tomorrow, too. It honestly felt better to get it done quicker than over a few weeks despite the stress hahah.

Honestly guys it was not that bad! It’s very familiar if you did your I-129 f yourself. I started mine on the 18th and had it in the mail by the 21st. The giant payment was the most painful part. Good luck!!! 

Timeline

For everyone with recent SSN troubles, we had the same issue. It took 8 weeks to get a letter in the mail saying we didn't qualify (which I guess was technically correct by that point since i-94 expired). 

This is just really annoying because we can't file taxes without the dreaded ITIN or filing an extension. Sigh

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ScooterJones said:

For everyone with recent SSN troubles, we had the same issue. It took 8 weeks to get a letter in the mail saying we didn't qualify (which I guess was technically correct by that point since i-94 expired). 

This is just really annoying because we can't file taxes without the dreaded ITIN or filing an extension. Sigh

Wow... So sorry this happened to you! :( You'd think they'd get the hang of it by now. Ah.. the dreaded taxes.  

Timeline
42 minutes ago, minails said:

Honestly guys it was not that bad! It’s very familiar if you did your I-129 f yourself. I started mine on the 18th and had it in the mail by the 21st. The giant payment was the most painful part. Good luck!!! 

Haha yeah now that it is all assembled and organized, I feel so much better! 

Timeline

I got mine finished and sent out yesterday :) It feels great to have it done and I agree what a great push to just get it done and not drag it out like I had planned. haha

Enjoy Florida! 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Update: after being in Administrative processing with DS5535 

12-18-19: My fiancé had interview and at the interview was told approved, given pink slip.
12-23-19: received email from Montreal for DS-5535. (let c how long this process takes, there is no timeframe per my research, people are waiting from 2 months to years)
1-6-20: Received verification from embassy received DS5535 email from us.

1-7-20 / 1-10-20 / 1-15-20 : case status updated
1-21-20: emailed from embassy to send in passport (which was originally kept at during the interview)
1-27-20: sent in all documents to embassy with letter stating passport was kept after the interview on 12-18-20
1-28-20: embassy received sent documents
1-29-20: email for inquiry sent
1-30-20: case status update 
2-3-20: standard response from embassy for inquiry
2-5-20 / 2-10-20: case status updated
2-13-20: status changed to visa issued

2-14-20: passport with issued visa mailed
2-17-20: passport in hand with issued visa
2-19-20: Fiancé entered US through SFO airport (Immigration was completed at the Vancouver international airport - very easy - I94 was issued electronically no fees needed - we printed it as online it only keeps record for 3 months)
2-28-20: religious and court marriage

Timeline
On 2/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, wingman23 said:

Thought I would ask you since you recently did this and I'm not getting any answers in my own posts...

- Are W2s necessary?

- Does it matter if my father's middle name is screwed up on the passport?

- Do I need a letter from my employer?

- Does it matter if there is a discrepancy in my employment on my I-129F and my tax forms? 

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.