Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Drenimarcus said:

Lol I got a cancellation notice saying they gonna reschedule the interview 

@Drenimarcus  Ooh ok then. All the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/3/2020 at 5:52 AM, stephbd said:

Hi Marcela!

I saw on your timeline that you requested an expedited EAD and they didn’t ask for evidence. Did you do it over the phone? And what was your reason given?

Hi, I did it over the phone. The rep was trying to talk me out of it but I was over it already and went ahead, she said I would get request for proof my reason was that I had a job offer. Two days after I got notification that it was approved without evidence request

"New Card Is Being Produced" 

My wife and I had our i 485 interview earlier this week and our status changed just now. A few points:

- We arrived 30 mins before our scheduled interview time but we weren't called in until almost an hour after the scheduled time. In total, we were waiting for almost 1.5 hours.

- Our interview lasted 40 - 45 minutes. It wasn't difficult and felt conversational at times but it definitely felt long.

- Know your application and evidence submitted inside and out and backwards and forwards.

- Don't expect a decision the same day. We were told they needed more time to review and would let us know via mail. Don't lost hope if this happens.

Our experience was good and we felt stressed but overall I am happy we did it and it's over with. I spent a lot of time on this message board prior to interview and got the feeling that it would be an easy interview (i.e. ppl saying it took 10-15 mins, IO didn't ask a lot of questions, same day approval). Some of my understanding were incorrect and I want to provide an alternative experience. Although we didn't have a bad experience, I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Good luck to all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys Quick update so been working for past month now with my combo card but still waiting on interview to be scheduled (Boston Filer) will check back every now and then 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Total500 said:

@Drenimarcus Have you been rescheduled now?

I have a usps notice from them, will see what it is about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I am still waiting for both my I-485 and I-765 response from USCIS.

I have file both of them on August (in Oklahoma) to USCIS National Benefits Center but got an RFE for I-485 in the middle.

They have received my RFE for I-485 on Nov. 8th, 2019 but I'm still not getting any new updates from USCIS.

How long does it usually take to get a response from USCIS after they said that they have received my response to RFE

Thanks for reading!

11 hours ago, Jo Eun said:

Hello everyone, 

I am still waiting for both my I-485 and I-765 response from USCIS.

I have file both of them on August (in Oklahoma) to USCIS National Benefits Center but got an RFE for I-485 in the middle.

They have received my RFE for I-485 on Nov. 8th, 2019 but I'm still not getting any new updates from USCIS.

How long does it usually take to get a response from USCIS after they said that they have received my response to RFE

Thanks for reading!

Hello!

I was in the exact same situation as yours. I got tired of waiting and I called USCIS asking how long does it take for a RFE response to be processed. The operator told me it’s 90 days and since my case has been waiting longer than that, the opened a service request that morning.

The evening of the same day I got an update that my case was ready for an interview and everything has been moving forward ever since!

I recommend you to call 7:59am not to wait forever to talk to a person haha

Good luck!!

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

On 3/2/2020 at 10:57 AM, Marcela Palomino said:

What documents should I take to adjustment of status (i485) interview?

Documents supporting your application plus new evidence.

it is important to submit the new evidence to probe along the way until naturalization that your marriage is bona fide.

Cata

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

just an update: sorry late post

interview date: February  12, 2020

we arrived in the building 1 hour early but we entered the USCIS premises 30 minutes before our interview at 12:45pm

we’re not approved on the spot the IO told us that our case needs a further review eventhough she’s telling us that our application looks good to her. First we need to take the oat, and after that she asked me about anything in the Form I-485 and then signed. She also asked the “Yes or No” questions and then the crazy part is that she told us that whenever she ask a question, she will look to any of us and that person where’ she’s looking needs to answer her question ended us laughing because we’re like in a game show😂 but that was tough so better review everything about your spouse, their family and special events on your life as a couple. She told us that if do we have any document to submit and we submitted our health insurance, joint bank statements, car insurance, life insurance, bills with our name together, copy of 401K as beneficiary, credit card statement with my name as supplementary, lot’s of photos of us together from the day of my K-1 visa approval to Feb 2020. She also asked my husband’s income tax return but we’re not filing yet instead we handed to her the W2. She browse our photo and asking who’s with us on a certain photos and she encircled the photo with my husband’s parents.

She also asked us about if do we have a joint lease? we said no because we’re still living in an apartment with my husband’s parents.

Are we paying a rent? 

how much is the rent?

any plans of moving out?

how many rooms and bathrooms does our apartment have?

how many persons in a household?

Do we have an engagement ring?

Where did you propose?

do you have a ring?

When did we get married?

Where?

Who’s in the ceremony?

Reception where?

have you seen your parents-in-law?

where are they?

what are their names?

favorite restaurant?

future plans together?

i forgot the others sorry

Interview last for about 45 minutes and after the interview, she gave us a paper about the Removal of Conditions and the 3 of us signed that paper. No approval so we left the building quite puzzled 😂

and after 37 days

March 19, 2020:   New Card is Being Produced

March 20, 2020:   Case was Approved

March 24, 2020:   Card was Mailed to me

Still waiting for my GC to arrive in my mail 😁 Gidluck VJ’s

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am pretty sure everyone is pretty much on lock down with all of what is going on with this pandemic. But I have a question for those of you who are really smart and into this government stimulus checks thing...

This came up on a discussion last night in our household....

The stimulus checks are 1,200 for single and 2,400 for married. They made it very clear that a non resident alien does not qualify. If I remember this correctly, all of our k1 spouses are non resident aliens until the green card correct? So would we just get 1,200??

I am not trying to get political here, just want to know!

Thank you and I hope everyone is staying safe!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.