Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
7 minutes ago, emeline29 said:

My interview was supposed to be tomorrow. Just had a phone call from USCIS saying they don’t know where my case is and they’ll reschedule me once they get a hold of it. 

Ugh.

Oh my goodness, that’s horrible! So sorry to hear that! I hope they find it and reschedule you soon! Sending you lots of luck! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, emeline29 said:

My interview was supposed to be tomorrow. Just had a phone call from USCIS saying they don’t know where my case is and they’ll reschedule me once they get a hold of it. 

Ugh.

You are having the most frustrating time getting this interview. I'm sending great energy for this to be resolved immediately!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those who spouse already has a SSN, when you do your taxes this year, do you plan to file Joint, married but filing separately or head of household?  

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

1 minute ago, Jay Jones said:

For those who spouse already has a SSN, when you do your taxes this year, do you plan to file Joint, married but filing separately or head of household?  

My husband is the petitioner and I have had  my SSN for about 8 years. 

We for sure do married filing jointly. It’s another proof of a legitimate relationship. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

You are having the most frustrating time getting this interview. I'm sending great energy for this to be resolved immediately!

Thanks lovely. It’s certainly been frustrating but I’m trying to stay positive - I’ve got my EAD/AP and my SSN came yesterday so I’m feeling thankful I at least have those things. And my Mama is arriving on Thursday for a two week visit so I’m super excited about that! Hope all is well with you guys 🙂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

How long does it take for the EAD card to arrive in the mail? I’m suppose to be starting work on Monday next week.

Mine took about a week I think. My status changed to my card was mailed to me, USPS picked up card, then delivered. They gave me a tracking number which made it easier. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, emeline29 said:

Thanks lovely. It’s certainly been frustrating but I’m trying to stay positive - I’ve got my EAD/AP and my SSN came yesterday so I’m feeling thankful I at least have those things. And my Mama is arriving on Thursday for a two week visit so I’m super excited about that! Hope all is well with you guys 🙂

We are doing so well and are soooo happy! Congratulations on your EAD/AP! Those really do make a difference, and having your Mama visit - priceless! I do hope your interview comes up really soon, and in a convenient place! 

14 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

To get the maximum tax breaks one should file married filing jointly. That's what I did.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 8:44 AM, Jay Jones said:

It's usually best file jointly if you can.

However, if your spouse has a large amount of income that they can't exclude, you'll probably want to at least run the numbers as both filing separately and jointly.

And if you don't have an SSN for your spouse (not your case) and are having difficulties getting an ITIN, you may want to file separately for now and amend your return later.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just got EAD card. Thanks God.Thank you everyone. Now let's get to the job. I decided I won't travel in the next 6 months or year , will take it easy and get a job.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 4:58 PM, Grant & Bri said:

How long does it take for the EAD card to arrive in the mail? I’m suppose to be starting work on Monday next week.

Mine arrived in 2 days and the SSN in 4.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Redvan said:

Mine arrived in 2 days and the SSN in 4.

Did your case status change to Card was mailed to you? Mines currently sitting at case was approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.