laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, laylalex said:

This actually may benefit President Trump unless they start muting him during his speaking period.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I wouldn't say a debate happening is for certain:

The debate commission has demonstrated its bias and overall uselessness, I'm mentally prepared for the growing possibility the third debate gets cancelled as well. Happy to see Trump standing up to them, its not them running for President, so this idiocy of shutting off mics and making other changes without agreements is yet another reason why this commission should be gutted. They're candidate pushers and not fair arbiters and should be treated with equal hostility. 

The "unbiased" commission does appear to be doing everything they can to get President Trump to back out.  Heck changing the focus on something that a President actually does have an impact like foreign relations to subjects that have already been done is surprising, but what else do we expect.  I would think it might be likely that the Joe team will make a Covid play demanding a virtual debate.  Personally, I think Trump should participate regardless, keep his mouth shut when Joe is speaking, and hammer him over and over again on his corrupt activities.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

This actually may benefit President Trump unless they start muting him during his speaking period.

This is actually great news for Trump, if he actually takes the debate seriously and really preps for it.

The constant interrupting made him look bad and he also didn't really deliver his message since he was talking the same time as Biden.  If he's prepared and disciplined, he can deliver his message during his time while people can actually understand the message.  This could really work to his advantage.  Just not sure if he can stay focused.

1 hour ago, B_J said:

This is actually great news for Trump, if he actually takes the debate seriously and really preps for it.

The constant interrupting made him look bad and he also didn't really deliver his message since he was talking the same time as Biden.  If he's prepared and disciplined, he can deliver his message during his time while people can actually understand the message.  This could really work to his advantage.  Just not sure if he can stay focused.

I don't disagree with any of what you said here. But the problem is that time and again Trump has shown that it's really, really hard for him to stay as you say prepared and disciplined. He can stick to it for a few minutes, and then he veers off course. It's hard to follow and turns people off for that reason -- people (for better or worse) want digestible nuggets of information and argument. People who love Trump don't mind his discursiveness, might find it part of just who he is. I have been told on here it's because he's from Queens. :P 

But the problem for Trump is that he's not looking to win over who already love Trump. He's looking to win the votes of the few undecided people left out there, and maybe pick off a few weak Biden voters. I watched part of both town halls last week and I ain't gonna lie -- Biden's was boring. His answers were long, but they stayed on topic and the format allowed for greater discussion. I have a much better sense of what Biden wants to do in office now than I did before. Trump's was total car crash material, and yes, part of that was Guthrie. But Trump was ultimately the one who wandered given the space to do so. He could have chosen to keep the wheels on the track through discipline.

I 100% agree Trump can work the debate to his advantage. But this late in the game, do we really expect him to change what he thinks works for him?

I wonder how the MDL would feel if Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson hosted the debates and had a mute button 

5 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

At least we are not getting crosstalk

What's funny is my wife is the one who is talking to Joe telling him "We are living with the virus and we know what to do"

3 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Lol...

"I don't look at this in the terms of the way he does, blue states and red states, we're the united states"

"and look at the states that are having a spike in coronavirus, they're the red states"

🤪

Yeah I was also like What the heck