Jump to content
laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

45 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Anyone watching the debates? I just got home from work (missed the first hour and a half), brought my manager with me and we are drinking and debate-watching! I hear Bernie has looked old and super-kooky tonight (not a fan).

 

We're not even playing a drinking game, we're just drinking. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Anyone watching the debates? I just got home from work (missed the first hour and a half), brought my manager with me and we are drinking and debate-watching! I hear Bernie has looked old and super-kooky tonight (not a fan).

 

We're not even playing a drinking game, we're just drinking. :P 

You definitely missed out because the first hour was good. They were all trying to outdo each other on healthcare, immigration, and giving illegals healthcare. It was awesome when you had a coup!e guys go after Warren and Sanders on universal health care and how bad it is. I did buy a Sapporo to drink tonight.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You definitely missed out because the first hour was good. They were all trying to outdo each other on healthcare, immigration, and giving illegals healthcare. It was awesome when you had a coup!e guys go after Warren and Sanders on universal health care and how bad it is. I did buy a Sapporo to drink tonight.

Sweet! I am drinking pink bubbles (I think from Sonoma?). I will watch after it's over and catch up.

 

Williamson is less nutty tonight, I think. She seems a lot less like a GOOP catalogue (from Gwyneth Paltrow) come to life. 😁 And I say this as someone who shopped at the GOOP pop-up!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Beto is such a fricking tool. Talking about how this country is only great due to slavery and reparations is needed now

I'm going to have to agree with you. That is way too reductionist, in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Sweet! I am drinking pink bubbles (I think from Sonoma?). I will watch after it's over and catch up.

 

Williamson is less nutty tonight, I think. She seems a lot less like a GOOP catalogue (from Gwyneth Paltrow) come to life. 😁 And I say this as someone who shopped at the GOOP pop-up!!!

That is one thing I do miss about California is the great selection of wines I could get at Vons. I was brought into the fold of a wino by my neighbor who had a subscription to the best wineries in the Santa Ynez valley. If you want a good wine from there then look up Rancho Sissquoc winery. 

 

She is one of the only same ones on the stage tonight which is hilarious. You are right in that she does remind me of a West LA or SF valley goop girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That is one thing I do miss about California is the great selection of wines I could get at Vons. I was brought into the fold of a wino by my neighbor who had a subscription to the best wineries in the Santa Ynez valley. If you want a good wine from there then look up Rancho Sissquoc winery. 

 

She is one of the only same ones on the stage tonight which is hilarious. You are right in that she does remind me of a West LA or SF valley goop girl.

It is absolutely one of the perks of living here, even in the People's Republik of Berkeley! I love the Santa Ynez valley -- I was down in Santa Barbara in early May with the fiance and we made a trip there. Haven't seen Rancho Sissquoc so thank you for the tip!

 

Up until recently, if you drove down Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills you could see Marianne Williamson on the marquee of this little theatre -- she gave talks there every month. And I was never tempted. It seemed really cult-y.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

It is absolutely one of the perks of living here, even in the People's Republik of Berkeley! I love the Santa Ynez valley -- I was down in Santa Barbara in early May with the fiance and we made a trip there. Haven't seen Rancho Sissquoc so thank you for the tip!

 

Up until recently, if you drove down Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills you could see Marianne Williamson on the marquee of this little theatre -- she gave talks there every month. And I was never tempted. It seemed really cult-y.

If you do go there account that is down about 6 miles down a curvy road. I have been there a few times when I was talking to them about installing a earthquake monitoring site and again when we went back install it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

If you do go there account that is down about 6 miles down a curvy road. I have been there a few times when I was talking to them about installing a earthquake monitoring site and again when we went back install it. 

Thank you for the tip! We usually just rent a car (neither of us keeps one up here in Berkeley/SF) so I think an SUV would be a good bet.

 

I am really shocked that I keep agreeing with Williamson, again and again. What is wrong with me, I haven't had that much to drink... yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

And I have to say, I do NOT miss the whole West LA/Beverly Hills mentality!!!! And the Valley... I am a Valley girl (fer sure :P) but yeah, not going back to Burbank to live in this lifetime. 

I still listen to a radio show out of LA and the hosts always jokingly make fun of the news woman who lives in the Valley and is a Vegan, what's even funnier is that one of the hosts lives on the westside and hated that mentality. 

She also admitted that she read one of Williamson's books once. Seriously try to listen to John and Ken out of KFI.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Thank you for the tip! We usually just rent a car (neither of us keeps one up here in Berkeley/SF) so I think an SUV would be a good bet.

 

I am really shocked that I keep agreeing with Williamson, again and again. What is wrong with me, I haven't had that much to drink... yet.

I would.laugh my butt off of she knocks out someone like Beto, Yang, or.someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I still listen to a radio show out of LA and the hosts always jokingly make fun of the news woman who lives in the Valley and is a Vegan, what's even funnier is that one of the hosts lives on the westside and hated that mentality. 

Is it the John and Ken show? My ex loves that one, totally shocked me because I thought, oh, this posh English guy wouldn't like that, but then he totally surprised me. He says it really has shaped how he thinks about being an American now that he is one.

 

I am a KPCC/KCRW girl, I'm sure that's no surprise. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I would.laugh my butt off of she knocks out someone like Beto, Yang, or.someone else.

Oh totally!!! Yang is just silly. And Beto... sorry, he is the handsomest of the candidates but that isn't saying much! I like Warren and Harris, and I think Buttigieg, Ryan and Bullock have had interesting things to say tonight. I'm not a crazy wacko out there leftist, I want someone who will make us stronger, more cohesive, safer and respected. I'm not for open borders. But I think we can do better than what we have now, with trying to shut things down completely. I want to hear all sorts of ideas from all ends of the spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...