laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Well, and booze too, regarding drunk-blogging.

Don't tell Beeto O'Dork about your guns.

Hey, it's 8am here! No drunk blogging involved. 

I just discussed the debates with the Lambo-driving solicitor over some breakfast. (We are the only ones up.) Very interesting discussing it with someone who has no skin in the game -- he's no Trump fan, but he doesn't rate anyone he saw in clips he's seen too highly. He did like what he saw of Klobuchar. He said he found her practical without being overly didactic. Did not like Bernie who he thinks is too old, too extreme and lacking in the kind of "gravitas" (his term) needed for a president. He thought Warren hadn't thought all her plans through (we had a very good natured argument about this). Harris and Buttigieg didn't register for him. He knew who Biden was but thought he was too old. No one else made an impression. Oh, he did think Gabbard is pretty and thought she has a very sexy voice. :rolleyes:

Filed: Timeline
17 hours ago, laylalex said:

:rolleyes:

If you think women are REALLY okay with "locker room talk," you are deluded. There is a BIG difference between Alex making in jokes to me about Tulsi Gabbard needing to expose her chest -- which I 100% know to be a joke -- and you basically chumming it up on here about how she needs to close her mouth because she's useless as a human being other than for how she looks.

All the women who are secure in their femininity are ok with it.

54 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

All the women who are secure in their femininity are ok with it.

Really? Have you asked them all? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, laylalex said:

Hey, it's 8am here! No drunk blogging involved. 

I just discussed the debates with the Lambo-driving solicitor over some breakfast. (We are the only ones up.) Very interesting discussing it with someone who has no skin in the game -- he's no Trump fan, but he doesn't rate anyone he saw in clips he's seen too highly. He did like what he saw of Klobuchar. He said he found her practical without being overly didactic. Did not like Bernie who he thinks is too old, too extreme and lacking in the kind of "gravitas" (his term) needed for a president. He thought Warren hadn't thought all her plans through (we had a very good natured argument about this). Harris and Buttigieg didn't register for him. He knew who Biden was but thought he was too old. No one else made an impression. Oh, he did think Gabbard is pretty and thought she has a very sexy voice. :rolleyes:

If he thinks Biden and Bernie are too old, wouldn't Warren fit in that same category?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

My cover is blown. 

Greetings from the beaches of Ankara, where I am enjoying pork chops and an entire meal made out of only one potato.

quite possibly the most famous line ever posted  on Chest

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

If he thinks Biden and Bernie are too old, wouldn't Warren fit in that same category?

I'll see him again at dinner in a few hours and ask. It didn't come up, though he did comment on how she seemed to be preaching to her converts rather than trying to win over new supporters. He has a pretty thick Scottish accent but I was able to understand him perfectly when he said that watching Warren onstage reminded him of a quote from Samuel Johnson about women preaching, which I have googled to get right. "A woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

Then I had to hear all about James Boswell, Johnson's biographer and a fellow Scot. It's a laugh a minute up here between this and a chunk of ceiling falling on my head at lunch.

Timeline
9 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Well, and booze too, regarding drunk-blogging.

Don't tell Beeto O'Dork about your guns.

I already sent a tweet and other media to come and take em. Haven't heard back yet but will keep you updated if he shows up to do so. 🤠

Timeline
6 hours ago, Neonred said:

Agree with much of that.

If Warren has thought her plans through, she's afraid to share too many details because it won't go over as well.

Gabbard could pull in a lot of male conservative votes.... guys are not listening to her message when she speaks.  And does she own more than that one white outfit?

If she posts or even sends me privately a choice pic or 2 or more she will have my vote secured. I am from Texas and my vote don't mean squat for POTUS as the Republican has the win and electoral votes sewn up.

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
19 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

The female card is of course the least desirable card in the pack to hold, until a man tells you it's not. 

You make a good point. The white male card is of course the gold standard. But the wealthy white female and middle-class white female cards aren't far behind.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Filed: Timeline
21 hours ago, luckytxn said:

Already gone or sold anyway and getting picked up this Friday. I do have that CZ 75 and a 9mm Bersa I am wanting to trade with something but may sell them. I am downsizing and looking to get a few for my babe so looking for a .380 semi and maybe a revolver. My arthritis is so bad I can't shoot as much as I used to but my babe loves shooting and most of mine are too much for her to handle.

Wanted to add that the CZ 75 is possibly the finest weapon I ever fire. Think along the lines of a top of the line 1911.

You should have her try the Springfield Armory XDe.  The 9mm has a 30% lighter slide. My wife has a hard time racking my H&K .40, but can easily handle the XDe.

Tonight I have a crystal tumbler! I stood my ground with my MIL to be and said that while I thought her vessels were lovely (and they are), they really weren't suitable for drinking whisky. The Glasgow solicitor said, good on ye lass, or something like that. MIL was not impressed by either of us but I am glad to have an ally up here. 

I asked the Glasgow solicitor what he thought about Warren's age since it hadn't come up. He said that he thought it seemed like less of an issue for her because she clearly has energy and looks a lot healthier than Biden (whom he called overly made up with pancake makeup) and Bernie ("geriatric"). Also -- and he said this looking at Al's mother when he said this -- it's well known that a woman ages better than a man does in terms of health and stamina. She looked pleased (which she was until I insisted on the tumbler). So whether this was said because he believes it or he just wants to get some tonight I do not know! :lol: 

2 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

You should have her try the Springfield Armory XDe.  The 9mm has a 30% lighter slide. My wife has a hard time racking my H&K .40, but can easily handle the XDe.

I have had to show and teach my wife how to rack my Glock .40 so she can shoot it