lilek.k

Visa not approved

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I'm heartbroken! Last Thursday my son tourist visa wasn't approved.  He is 23, just finished his study and we wanted to fly together to US. I'm the K 1 visa holder. We were planning to go to US at the end of August and now what.... The main reason he was denied was not enough strong bonds with country what they said. He doesn't want to stay, he said that and more this trip was going to be vacation time and my wedding. Nope, no way! They know better. Now, due to the fact, when he can try again? If he find a job in here will be enough? I start to think that the main reason he was denied is my moving to US... We did everything right with that, and now I feel it is the main factor that the embassy doesn't want approve my son's visa. I heard about one man whose mom lives in US and he couldn't visit her, his visa was denied 10 times. That’s crazy 😓

That is very sad news.. 😢

The fact that he just finished school and does not really have anything that would require him to return to his home country yet (and yes, maybe combined with the fact that his mom is moving to the US) is very likely the reason for the denial.

So it will be important for him to establish the ties to his home country and having a steady job will be a pretty good tie.

So I would suggest that he gets a job and creates some history there too (only working for 3 months and trying to apply for a visa again for example might still result in a denial). 

I hope it will work out for you, wishing you all the best! 🤞🏻

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

So he has no ties to his home country, his mum is moving to the USA for good, and you seriously expected him to get approved? Really?

That's a slam dunk case of an easy automatic denial, no surprises there.

In a few years when he has a reason to return to his home country (right now he has no reason) he can try again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no time restriction, he can apply as soon as he wants to and as often as he wants to.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

So he has no ties to his home country, his mum is moving to the USA for good, and you seriously expected him to get approved? Really?

In a few years when he has a reason to return to his home country (right now he has no reason) he can try again.

I would have stated this less harshly, but agree with the substance.

Timeline

Thank you all for help, if I knew my K1 visa would be s problem we would have done it differently, maybe erlier but it looks like I am an optymistic thinking when you are honest they would notice. Not everyone is a cheater or consider US as an Eldorado, he only wanted to spend vacation there!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, lilek.k said:

Thank you all for help, if I knew my K1 visa would be s problem we would have done it differently, maybe erlier but it looks like I am an optymistic thinking when you are honest they would notice. Not everyone is a cheater or consider US as an Eldorado, he only wanted to spend vacation there!

How are they supposed to notice? What should tip them off that someone is not lying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, lilek.k said:

The law is worded such that the onus is on the applicant to prove that he or she has no immigrant intent. Obviously, and unfortunately, this is very hard to do with no ties. And yes your son may be honest, but he is paying for the many people before him who pretended to be genuine and then overstayed. They don’t hook applicants up to lie detectors.

In basic terms, they do a risk assessment and judge, and risks are high with no ties.

You may not realize this as an EU citizen, but the forms for schengen and especially U.K. visas are far more burdensome than the US (not to mention way more expensive in the case of the latter). This is not a US specific thing.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
9 hours ago, Boiler said:

There is no time restriction, he can apply as soon as he wants to and as often as he wants to.

Uh, not every country is the same, he should check with his local U.S. Embassy. My aunt was denied a U.S. Tourist Visa many years ago, and there's a restriction of only being able to apply every two years in my home country. She applied many years later and was approved. My point: IT VARIES from country to country.

Edited by Meli&Tommy

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2015-06-18

I-129F NOA1: 2015-06-26

NOA1 Hardcopy: 2015-07-02

NOA2: 2015-07-29

NOA2 Hardcopy: 2015-08-03

NVC Received: 2015-08-26

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2015-08-26

NVC Left: 2015-08-31

Consulate Received: 2015-09-08

Interview Date: 2015-10-20

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2015-11-02

US Entry : 2015-11-04

Marriage : 2015-12-17

Timeline
1 minute ago, Meli&Tommy said:

Uh, not every country is the same, he should check with his local U.S. Embassy. My aunt was denied a U.S. Visa many years ago, and there's a restriction of only being able to apply every two years in my home country. She applied many years later and was approved. My point: IT VARIES from country to country.

Certainly does, I was referring to visitor visa's to the US.

2 hours ago, Meli&Tommy said:

Uh, not every country is the same, he should check with his local U.S. Embassy. My aunt was denied a U.S. Tourist Visa many years ago, and there's a restriction of only being able to apply every two years in my home country. She applied many years later and was approved. My point: IT VARIES from country to country.

There's no restriction at any embassy or consulate for when you can reapply for a tourist visa.

Eligibility, on the other hand, is a different issue that can change over time.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

I know we are paying now for others who overstayed in US. But now I just start thinking if he got his denial once, they will have it the system right, how it may affect the next application? Even if he find a job how will they decide if this tie or bond is enough? There is no ristriction in Poland of trying one more time but if after three months with good job won't be enough, then when next year, in two years? Ehhhhhhh, maybe they never let him visit me :-((((((((

4 minutes ago, lilek.k said:

I know we are paying now for others who overstayed in US. But now I just start thinking if he got his denial once, they will have it the system right, how it may affect the next application? Even if he find a job how will they decide if this tie or bond is enough? There is no ristriction in Poland of trying one more time but if after three months with good job won't be enough, then when next year, in two years? Ehhhhhhh, maybe they never let him visit me :-((((((((

There is no way of knowing how they will determine if his ties are enough. It is not a matter of just checking off a list or something.

They want to see an established life that would limit the risk of him overstaying his visa. His previous denial will be known but that in itself does not mean that he will be denied again. They will however want to see that his circumstances (ties) have changed.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline
16 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

Yes I seriously expected him to get approved! I thought and still do that telling the truth is worth it. You really think we should try after few years???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.