Boiler

The world’s most dangerous countries for women 2018

194 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Boris Farage said:

The wide variety of American sandwiches was one of the delicacies I hadn't anticipated enjoying as much as I do. I'm sure I'll be labeled as sexist for this, but there is nothing quite so  grand as to have your woman prepare and deliver a fantastic sandwich to your living room. (and to counter the sexism accusations, I enjoy reciprocating in other ways to make my SO happy)

Well, it IS a little sexist. While I do still make sandwiches for my fiance, he makes sure that he makes them for ME on occasion too. I'm not saying they're any good, but it's the thought that counts. :lol: 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Well, it IS a little sexist. While I do still make sandwiches for my fiance, he makes sure that he makes them for ME on occasion too. I'm not saying they're any good, but it's the thought that counts. :lol: 

Have you thought of showing him the right way to make a sandwich?

Since all the top chefs are men, I'd say making a good sandwich is within of capabilities of the average male.

14 minutes ago, Bettie Page said:

Since all the top chefs are men, I'd say making a good sandwich is within of capabilities of the average male.

I decided to get a man who went to culinary school the next time I chose a life partner. His braised lamb shanks are to die for. He wooed me by cooking for me on our first date -- filet mignon in a red wine reduction, with bacon and kale on the side, accompanied by a decent Malbec. A nice bottle of Louis Roederer to accompany the strawberries he hand dipped for me in chocolate and then fed to me. I was entranced.

Now of course, 8 years on, it's me cooking on Friday nights. 😶

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

In a moment of endangering my man card, I get up and make stuff for my wife on a regular basis

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

In a moment of endangering my man card, I get up and make stuff for my wife on a regular basis

You old softy, you. ❤️ 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

No car crash gif for you.

Something better!

giphy.gif

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

50 minutes ago, Bettie Page said:

I have shown him, but it was disappointing. Endearing, but disappointing! Like, literally a piece of ham between two slices of white bread (I didn't even know he had ham OR white bread in his apartment, it's usually just cans of what I call "bachelor chow" -- Hormel chili with beans). No mustard, no mayo, no cheese. I'm... kind of a control freak when it comes to cooking. And since I'm the one who's better at it, why not me? 

Speaking of cooking, I made this as a cottage pie the other week and it was amazing: https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/shepherds-pie-with-cheese-crusted-leeks 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I have shown him, but it was disappointing. Endearing, but disappointing! Like, literally a piece of ham between two slices of white bread (I didn't even know he had ham OR white bread in his apartment, it's usually just cans of what I call "bachelor chow" -- Hormel chili with beans). No mustard, no mayo, no cheese. I'm... kind of a control freak when it comes to cooking. And since I'm the one who's better at it, why not me? 

Speaking of cooking, I made this as a cottage pie the other week and it was amazing: https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/shepherds-pie-with-cheese-crusted-leeks 

Cottage pie looks great.

He is doing the trick of being bad at something so he is not expected to pitch in. You need to tell him to raise him game - if he puts such little effort in sandwich making, in what other areas is he slacking?

6 minutes ago, Bettie Page said:

Cottage pie looks great.

He is doing the trick of being bad at something so he is not expected to pitch in. You need to tell him to raise him game - if he puts such little effort in sandwich making, in what other areas is he slacking?

It's a family thing -- his mother and sister are worthless at cooking. No one ever taught him to cook, and his ex-wife found his attempts to do so terrifying. If I can get over my control freakery, I would be open to showing him about sandwich making though. It's not *that* hard.

Other areas of slacking? Well, I think the biggest issue for him is financial control. He's never been great with money, it just flows in and out of his account. He's well-paid, but he spends a lot on whatever strikes his attention -- clothing, books, wine, mostly. I just hate to be a nag, but he is going to need to improve in this area.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, laylalex said:

aint-no-sandwich-when-shes-gone.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If a sandwich can be sexist, can it also be racist?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

I decided to get a man who went to culinary school the next time I chose a life partner. His braised lamb shanks are to die for. He wooed me by cooking for me on our first date -- filet mignon in a red wine reduction, with bacon and kale on the side, accompanied by a decent Malbec. A nice bottle of Louis Roederer to accompany the strawberries he hand dipped for me in chocolate and then fed to me. I was entranced.

Now of course, 8 years on, it's me cooking on Friday nights. 😶

With bacon and kale?  Sounds DELIGHTFUL. as long as the "k" is silent!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
17 hours ago, laylalex said:

fontina, gruyere and [...] focaccia

English-only outside the regional forums.

17 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

I recognize ONE of those words.

This.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).