Kaleigh & Dan

Juvenile Arrests

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Pooley,

One more question. How long did it take to get the SAR?

It said online it could take a calendar month.

We don't want to rush things because we want to make sure we provide all information we can as accurately as possible.

However, out priority date is 22May and we need to have the interview by 22Sep.

Just want to make sure we have plenty of time!

Thanks again!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kaleigh & Dan said:

@Pooley,

One more question. How long did it take to get the SAR?

It said online it could take a calendar month.

We don't want to rush things because we want to make sure we provide all information we can as accurately as possible.

Just want to make sure we have plenty of time!

Thanks again!

He will be moving over here on the 27th of August but the two times he did come over, we had no issues. As far as the SAR, it was e-mailed to us and I believe it came in less than 10 days, along with the Police Certificate that came in the mail. From what I've seen, a lot of people get confused about England law, especially when it comes to cautions because the only time cautions show is for immigration or if they actually do go to court. As he was a juvenile, I think you'll be okay. But it all comes down to the interviewing officer in the end. Just be truthful!

I'm slightly worried about my fiance flying over with customs if they see that he came over on the ESTA and have been thinking about ordering his basic police certificate to show that is saying NONE and that's why we though we were okay. Also, it think it might help with jobs in the background check, he can attach it. But I don't know if it would help or even necessary as again, it'll all come down to the interviewing officer.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaleigh & Dan said:

You don't have to interview by 22Sept. You can stall a year if needed. If it's after 22Sept, the American needs to write a new letter of intent for the interview. Read your list of require documents on the embassy website again. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

If your petition expires before the visa interview takes place.....

If you have a recently-issued, valid visa, where criminal records were disclosed, I would not expect issues relating to previous criminal activities to enter via it. Nobody is guaranteed entry except for USCs, but it would be beyond rare for them to raise an issue that the CO already knew about and determined there was no inadmissibility involved.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kaleigh & Dan said:

Great News!!!

My fiance got his police certificate in the mail and it shows "No Trace"!!!

(Not "No Live Trace"!)
YAY, one less hurdle to jump and hoop to jump through!

It's comforting to have answers. 

It's good that's what shows on the certificate.

Just be warned that despite the "step down" rules (which keep changing with every government it seems), the arrest records will still exist somewhere. I doubt you'll be going for an E-CRB check so it's likely they won't show, but exist it does.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

It's good that's what shows on the certificate.

Just be warned that despite the "step down" rules (which keep changing with every government it seems), the arrest records will still exist somewhere. I doubt you'll be going for an E-CRB check so it's likely they won't show, but exist it does.

There are no charges. Nothing is stepped down. Incidents they thought might be charges were not charged at all, hence No Trace.  It would say No LIVE trace if there were stepped down charges. 

Hi there everyone,

So im losing my mind and worrying probably too much, So i am the beneficiary of the OP...

As you read from the above posts i had some arrests..

I received the Acro Police certificate which resulted in

NO TRACE..

At the time i also requested a S.A.R..

So i was clear and curious.

i received the Subject access request yesterday, and it shows, previous arrest

Some info as follows from SAR.

Arrested date. 2005

Arresting officer. officers name

Prosecuting agent: None

Last updated 2013

Offence 

Crime Reference: xxxxxxx

Offence Number: 1 

Court/Caution/Force Reference: xxxxxxxxx

Court Offence Number: 1 

Adjudication: NON-CONVICTION 

Plea Description: NO PLEA TAKEN

Originator:  (The Police Station Name Here) 

Offence Description: Rape

Offence Date(s):xxxxxx

Disposal: 31/03/05 AT NFA (NO FURTHER ACTION) - NO COURT APP 

(APPEARANCE) 1 NFA (NO FURTHER ACTION) - NO COURT APPEARANCE

As much as i hate the above accusation from a ex gf..

I had to give details.. so were all on the correct page...

My question is now,

The acro police record come back "no trace" to which i was gonna answer no to have i ever been arrested,etc on the D160 form...

Since the S.A.R has come back, saying i was taken in for questioning basically,(arrested)

But no charge plea or no further action

I should still answer YES to the arrest question on the d160 correct ?

Can anyone shed some light on my worry's for me, i believe i should probably answer yes and provide some info from the sar in the description on the d160 and take a copy of the sar to the interview on the 19th sept..

Would anyone think that i maybe refused because of a arrest based on a allegation to which nfa was taken ?

Would or could those lovely officers at border patrol/TSA refuse me entry because of such information ?

I appreciate all responses

And thank you all for being able to read my bad grammar...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You were arrested so the answer is yes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So my fiance has some No Further Action on his SAR. You must put it down as an arrest but when answering questions about if he has any convictions or charges, you can say no. There was no charge or conviction, however, he was still arrested for it.  Feel free to shoot my a message if you have any more questions. I know it's super confusing!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 6:57 PM, Pooley said:

So my fiance has some No Further Action on his SAR. You must put it down as an arrest but when answering questions about if he has any convictions or charges, you can say no. There was no charge or conviction, however, he was still arrested for it.  Feel free to shoot my a message if you have any more questions. I know it's super confusing!

I’m the beneficiary and I have a reprimand (like a caution) for shoplifting when I was 14, over ten years ago - no conviction or anything like that. 

im absolutely terrified this is going to kill my chances. Just ordered the acro and SAR. 

1 hour ago, Charlee.Alex said:

I’m the beneficiary and I have a reprimand (like a caution) for shoplifting when I was 14, over ten years ago - no conviction or anything like that. 

im absolutely terrified this is going to kill my chances. Just ordered the acro and SAR. 

Based off the experiences other people have had with juvenile misdemeanours, I think you should be fine. Obviously you need to fill out the forms correctly, etc, but can’t see it killing your chances.

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.