S&J2013

I-130 July 2019 Filers

1,451 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

Yes, of course! hopefully someone who has done an expedite will see your posts and could help. I did try to do some advance searches, for the last 6 months worth of posts- I'm not seeing much for results with that info (timelines for expedite request responses)... Out of curiosity, do you mind me asking, what reason your friend is supplying for the expedite request? 

She’s pregnant- high risk with twins. 

14 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

It's super thorough & informative, right? You should fill in your timeline, it benefits everyone to have updated data. :time: :D

I surely will be putting in my timeline... I can't start it until I get my received confirmation or first NOA right?

On 9/17/2019 at 4:00 AM, JMPM said:

It's a new system. Honestly idk why they even show the documents at all. It just creates confusion and questions.  I'm pretty sure all your documents were scanned and saved. The question now is does scanning large petitions slow the process down because someone needs to sort it. Or does machine learning somehow sorts it and someone just verifies it. We will see as time goes on. 

The system is officially called Electronic Immigration System (ELIS), and it has been used on many other forms including N-400 naturalization, I-90, I-539, etc. All N-400 applications are assigned IOE receipt number as well.

The scanning is just the first phase of the electronic I-130 processing. Once they get everything up and running, applicants will be filling the form and uploading supporting documents directly to their website (just like how N-400 is today). I suspect that USCIS has contractors doing the manual data entry into ELIS and scanning everything for now until the online form filling part of I-130 is ready. 

The ELIS system comes with automated background check across all databases which should reduce the overall processing time There are documents available if you want to learn more about ELIS.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2017-12/OIG-18-23-Nov17.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/ELIS_-_Chairman_Perry.pdf

44 minutes ago, cbro said:

I surely will be putting in my timeline... I can't start it until I get my received confirmation or first NOA right?

Once you receive your NOA1 you’ll have enough info to fill in the first part of your timeline, it will also give you an estimated approval time based on your service Center too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, cbro said:

Ohh yes! I'm sorry, I assumed you were a July filer too!

Edited by Jmeleecur

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Filling fee of k-3 is still $535 even if you have i-130 filled already? 

No! K3 is free to fill out. You must include a copy of NOA1 from your i-130 when you submit the k3 application.

Read this post for a thorough explanation-

1 minute ago, Jmeleecur said:

Ohh yes! I'm sorry I assumed you were a July filer too!

I wish... I would have been if I went ahead to file myself... but tried Boundless, and while they have been great, its now taking a LONG time to finally get my i130 together and I have a pretty straightforward case I feel...  Ill be a sept filer instead ;-(

Timeline
Just now, cbro said:

I wish... I would have been if I went ahead to file myself... but tried Boundless, and while they have been great, its now taking a LONG time to finally get my i130 together and I have a pretty straightforward case I feel...  Ill be a sept filer instead ;-(

Ohhh man, bummer. It sounds like you definitely could have taken care of this on your own! It is what it is though, now, right. And your almost there. It's such a relief once the application is submitted. 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

No! K3 is free to fill out. You must include a copy of NOA1 from your i-130 when you submit the k3 application.

Read this post for a thorough explanation-

Thank you, I read the post it said it's free but on reading USICIS link it was $535. So I got confused. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Thank you, I read the post it said it's free but on reading USICIS link it was $535. So I got confused. 

Yea, it's the same form used for the k1. So people filing for k1 would be responsible for that fee, but not if you're in process for i-130 and filing it as a k3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

Yea, it's the same form used for the k1. So people filing for k1 would be responsible for that fee, but not if you're in process for i-130 and filing it as a k3.

ooh okay ,I get it now. I don't know if it will fasted things at Potomac since only Nebraska has reported things done faster after filling.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

ooh okay ,I get it now. I don't know if it will fasted things at Potomac since only Nebraska has reported things done faster after filling.

From everything I've seen here, seems to be worth trying if you have Nebraska... I don't think I'm going to file for the k3 being with Texas, nor would I if I had Potomac...

Anyone gotten approved yet after they filed for the k-3 in Nebraska?

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.