S&J2013

I-130 July 2019 Filers

1,451 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Mummu said:

I saw the below date updated recently. This was the first it changed since I filed. Does anybody know what it means or has anybody experienced the date changing more than one time?

image.png.149a7626f24abe253e65f2757cd47794.png

It just means that they've done something with your file. It's usually meaningless. The only times it really has any meaning are if you're getting an RFE or if you're getting an approval. Everything else is just secretarial kind of stuff, at least from what I understand. Mine has changed twice or three times since the original July 31, 2019.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elivi said:

I am so sad seeing Potomac falling behind, my priority date is July 1st and I still see June approvals going on. Texas is catching up quickly, I am glad for those at Texas. 

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit bummed out about it, to be honest. Yes, it could absolutely be worse and I am sorry for all those stuck at Nebraska, but when we see that estimate inching further and further away it can be disheartening. I was really hoping to be able to start the NVC process before the spring. 

2 hours ago, Elivi said:

I am so sad seeing Potomac falling behind, my priority date is July 1st and I still see June approvals going on. Texas is catching up quickly, I am glad for those at Texas. 

36 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit bummed out about it, to be honest. Yes, it could absolutely be worse and I am sorry for all those stuck at Nebraska, but when we see that estimate inching further and further away it can be disheartening. I was really hoping to be able to start the NVC process before the spring. 

But you’ll both be approved soon and probably in the USA before us stuck with Nebraska even get close to getting the approval. It sucks seeing the wait times go up, but they’re still way ahead of Nebraska. 

2 minutes ago, S&J2013 said:

But you’ll both be approved soon and probably in the USA before us stuck with Nebraska even get close to getting the approval. It sucks seeing the wait times go up, but they’re still way ahead of Nebraska. 

Well that's true in other cases, my embassy is taking a year to give us an interview tho, that's why I am so anxious to see my approval to start counting another extra year to have my wife with me. 

5 minutes ago, Elivi said:

Well that's true in other cases, my embassy is taking a year to give us an interview tho, that's why I am so anxious to see my approval to start counting another extra year to have my wife with me. 

That’s true. I know some embassies do have a long wait for interviews, hopefully those times will start to shorten in the time you’re waiting for approval.

We are all on this long journey but we will all get to our loved ones in the end no matter how long it takes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

The reality is that immigration processes are becoming more and more uncertain with time. It's a bumpy ride , cause you either have a service center that takes forever to approve you , or an embassy that takes forever to give you an interview. Or someone who has both scenarios. It's a process. I started this process March 2018 , I was in the Nebraska Service Center at the beginning wait times were like they were now , and then out of nowhere they sped up and then obviously slowed down. NVC will forever be the fastest process ever even if they make you resend documents again and again it will be the fastest process you will encounter. And then your stuck with the Embassies who like the service centers are a Russian roulette. Personally us Cubans with the closure of our Embassy in Cuba knew we had a hard task to face. But I never expected it to be this bad in the Guyanese Embassy when it comes to wait times , and it's gotten worst sadly. Because we were talking a few months ago of a 6 month wait for Citizens for interviews , we are now facing a 14 month and increasing rapidly wait for an interview. What I am trying to say by personal experience is that you will always have a bump on the road in this process , it never crossed my mind once that it would be almost 2020 , two years later and my husband will still not be by my side. But it also surprises me that time does in fact pass by fast , it does not seem like it , when of course your far away from the love of your life , but time does go by. This wait time won't last forever. So even if you have a slow service center or a slow embassy or both , everything is going to be alright. We can do this. We can make it to the end. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

we received our first NOA1 July 25th 2019 and VJ is estimating to hear more in January. 

any other people apply in July & receive any progress yet? Getting so impatient (I know it’s all about patience!)

thanks! 

2 hours ago, LAY & ADR said:

The reality is that immigration processes are becoming more and more uncertain with time. It's a bumpy ride , cause you either have a service center that takes forever to approve you , or an embassy that takes forever to give you an interview. Or someone who has both scenarios. It's a process. I started this process March 2018 , I was in the Nebraska Service Center at the beginning wait times were like they were now , and then out of nowhere they sped up and then obviously slowed down. NVC will forever be the fastest process ever even if they make you resend documents again and again it will be the fastest process you will encounter. And then your stuck with the Embassies who like the service centers are a Russian roulette. Personally us Cubans with the closure of our Embassy in Cuba knew we had a hard task to face. But I never expected it to be this bad in the Guyanese Embassy when it comes to wait times , and it's gotten worst sadly. Because we were talking a few months ago of a 6 month wait for Citizens for interviews , we are now facing a 14 month and increasing rapidly wait for an interview. What I am trying to say by personal experience is that you will always have a bump on the road in this process , it never crossed my mind once that it would be almost 2020 , two years later and my husband will still not be by my side. But it also surprises me that time does in fact pass by fast , it does not seem like it , when of course your far away from the love of your life , but time does go by. This wait time won't last forever. So even if you have a slow service center or a slow embassy or both , everything is going to be alright. We can do this. We can make it to the end. 

Thanks for the encouragement and the kind words. We are Cubans as well, so I know perfectly what you are talking about. In my case it is harder because we got denied after more than 2 years waiting at California Service Center when I was still a Green card holder. I reapplied using a lawyer service this time to make sure everything was alright. That's why I am extra anxious to know my approval. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

all you can do is wait. Look in the timeline sub forum for people who filed in july and see what is happening with them.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Texas is about 8-10 months right now last I heard, so you still most likely have some few months to go

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 12/7/2019 at 2:03 PM, Shaleena Cole said:

i applied in july and mine was sent to chicago. i just noticed this. any idea what this means?

There's no service center in Chicago, only field offices but those are used only for those in the US already of course. Do you mean the Chicago lockbox? The lockbox intakes all forms and then sends them to a service center, lockboxes don't process petitions

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.