AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Miki28 said:

How long did y’all take to see estimate time for N400?

Two days after submitting I think. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Hi all!

filed N400 on July 20th in Los Angeles under 5 yr rule.. have uploaded to the doc spreadsheet. estimated time is 7 months (feb 2020) so it all looks pretty standard and I'm not sure if i'll be able to give out any different info that those more experienced can - but it's always good to pass on our experiences (for example: I had no idea about being able to 'walk in' for the biometrics, so that was helpful!)

the only thing I've found of note, is that here in L.A. the Naturalization Oath calendar appears to run from Jan-Sep so that might be of use to someone. (unless i'm mistaken and it gets updated later in the year) I know this link has probably been posted many times before, so apologies if so.  https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/clerk-services/naturalization-ceremony-locations-and-schedule

I was here over a decade ago for my Green card application and found the support very helpful!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just received the bio-metric letter... but the location is far. When I did my Biometric for I-751, it was near my workplace. But now it is so far away not close to my home or work.

Do I have to go to the USCIS office location the letter listed? Thank you very much!

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

I did my biometrics today. Just waited, didn’t want a walk-in for reasons I stated before (too fast). It took about 2mins from when I walked in to when I finished and walked out, driving home my status completion has been changed to 2months. I know its funny how people want different things. Now my completion says September 2019. 

8D9F4385-52AC-4BD9-B514-622E316CB30F.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Happy to see the timeline shifting for everyone after Biometrics appointment. Make sure to keep the table updated, guys.

ROC Timeline:

Package sent - 02/06/18

NOA1 Received by USCIS - 02/09/18

NOA2 Biometrics Scheduled - 03/10/18

Biometrics Done - 03/30/18

Fingerprint Review completed - 04/02/18

Case Transferred from VSC to TSC - 02/13/19

RFE was received- 04/22/19

RFE response sent - 05/09/19

New Card is Being Produced - 06/03/19

10-year Green Card Received - 06/07/19 :dance:

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/01/19 

Receipt notice - 07/02/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/05/19

Biometrics - Scheduled for 07/23/19

Biometrics Done (Walk-in) - 07/09/19

July 2019 N-400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
23 minutes ago, AI135 said:

Happy to see the timeline shifting for everyone after Biometrics appointment. Make sure to keep the table updated, guys.

Thanks for creating the sheet.Very helpful. 

Looks like chicago (user:  MsGazelle) will get it first in 2 months. Understand different centers have different  processing times but drastic difference between Chicago (2 months) and San jose, CA ( 11 months). Less people applying N-400 at Chicago compared to CA? 

Edited by vkrishn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

Looks like chicago (user:  MsGazelle) will get it first in 2 months. Understand different centers have different  processing times but drastic difference between Chicago (2 months) and San jose, CA ( 11 months). Less people applying N-400 at Chicago compared to CA? 

Yup, probably. San Francisco is 15-17 months, so SJ is pretty fast for the region!

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Went to the biometrics appointment this morning as scheduled, took a little more time than usual but went smooth, ours does not accept walk-ins.  Timeline improved by 1 month to November 2019.  

2 minutes ago, Mamamia00 said:

July filer under 5 yr rule 

Applied on July  24th 2019  - My biometrics appointment is set for  Aug 16th . 

Wow. I applied the same day and don’t even see estimate yet alone any update. Seems like it’s moving quick. Good luck

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

Timeline
9 hours ago, usmsbow said:

Yup, probably. San Francisco is 15-17 months, so SJ is pretty fast for the region!

Just got the bio metrics appointment for my wife scheduled for 08/13 at Oakland. Estimated completion date is June 2020 for now and lines with San jose, CA. 

I applied in Nov 2017 and it took 12 months for them to process and schedule an interview. But 2 months Chicago is lightning fast. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Miki28 said:

Wow. I applied the same day and don’t even see estimate yet alone any update. Seems like it’s moving quick. Good luck

Send them an email after logging in assuming you are asking about the bio metrics . I don't know if the biometrics showed up today after the email i sent out or if it was supposed to show up anyway today. No harm in sending them a message after logging in to the website. 

I did an early walk in this morning in Cranston , RI . My biometric appointment was originally for August 16th. ( I just started a new job and my manager is out today so it was the best opportunity to try to get it done . Don’t  feel quite comfortable asking for too many days/ time  off yet - I know I’m going to need at least 1 and a half days off for this process God willing ). 

I got there right at 8 . The security said my appointment was at 9 and that he couldn’t take me right now , try to come back at 8:30. I probably got lucky . Came back at 8:30 and was out before 8:45 AM

16 hours ago, vkrishn said:

Wow that is weird. I am also Chicago, filed the same day as MsGazelle online as well, but my completion time is 9 months. I wish I was that lucky to get it in two months! 

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.