Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Morning All,

Xuyen and I actually filed back in July but I am not sure I ever posted in here.

Havent had the time to read through all these yet but our timeline seems to be moving quite fast. We filed in July and got a status change in Sept. about her Interview date, waited for 2 weeks to pass before contacting Tier 2 whom told us that although the Status updates that it could take 30 days from the update to mail out a letter. They will email you a copy but not til the 30 days is up. If we dont get her letter by 10/20 then we can contact them for an email copy but they said she does have an Interview Date for 10/29 for her Green Card.

That is my quick update. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
21 hours ago, Mousey said:

How many days after the status changed to “interview scheduled” did you receive the actual letter? Mine changed Oct 3rd no letter yet

Same situation. My status was "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since 10/2. My field office is known to be extremely slow tho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

my wife is having the same issue when we tried to add her to my bank. basically she needs a state ID card which she cant get until she gets the EAD

I opened my own account at wells Fargo successfully. The documents they need are:

SSN 

Driver's license (or any government issued photo ID)

Marriage license

Hope that helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can someone please help me out? I Recieved RFE letter today stating that my wife’s income is below the federal poverty guideline when that’s not true. I submitted Form I-864, W2 for 2017,2018 she was with me in Australia for 2016 so couldn’t submit that. Along with bank statements and payslips. Am I missing something...? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Can someone please help me out? I Recieved RFE letter today stating that my wife’s income is below the federal poverty guideline when that’s not true. I submitted Form I-864, W2 for 2017,2018 she was with me in Australia for 2016 so couldn’t submit that. Along with bank statements and payslips. Am I missing something...? 

Did you check the optional question that said to submit tax information from last 3 years? If you did then maybe not submitting 2016 is the problem. Since I didn't work in 2016 I didn't have my W2 so I decided to just send the most recent year and not check that option.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, pushok said:

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 

Congrats!. My wife had her bio appt 3 days after you, so I'm hoping we get an update soon 

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Did you check the optional question that said to submit tax information from last 3 years? If you did then maybe not submitting 2016 is the problem. Since I didn't work in 2016 I didn't have my W2 so I decided to just send the most recent year and not check that option.

Thank you I did check that box but I’m going to redo the form and submit more evidence this time

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Thank you I did check that box but I’m going to redo the form and submit more evidence this time

Does the letter say anything more specific? I'd try to double check that's the issue and is not something else. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Does the letter say anything more specific? I'd try to double check that's the issue and is not something else. 

I tried uploading a picture but won’t let me, but I can’t see anything else only thing I can see on the second page is “you have submitted form I-864, affidavit of support, from the petitioning sponsor. We are unable to process the I-864 because it has one or more deficiencies.” Then it’s asking me to complete the form along the correct household size and w2’s etc etc...

Timeline

RFE package sent via express shipping with UPS should get there Monday. Anyone else receive RFE and now on to interview ready to be scheduled or interview scheduled? If so how long did it take for them to respond to your case? Any information helps, thank you all. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

RFE package sent via express shipping with UPS should get there Monday. Anyone else receive RFE and now on to interview ready to be scheduled or interview scheduled? If so how long did it take for them to respond to your case? Any information helps, thank you all. 

I received an RFE on September 12th. They received my response a couple days after and my case is still at ‘RFE sent’. There is some case in here that got update to ‘RFE response received’ pretty quick. But that’s not my case. 

I called yesterday to USCIS just to check and they told me it can take up to 60 days to update the website. They can’t tell me

anything before those 60 days. 

Here I am still waiting. 

Edited by andreaam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.