Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Thank you.  Not sure what to do now but i guess i need to wait until Oct 1

Congrats! Looks like our cases moving along nicely... Once I received my case number today I filled up DS-160 form (which was pretty easy btw) but didn’t submit yet. I want her to take updated 2x2 photo before I submit it. Also registered on website where you can schedule interview. I’ll schedule interview once case status changes to ready.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ty/Ir said:

Had our interview yesterday on the 24th and was approved. Today for ceac it says issued.

wow that's really fast! howcome some embassy let you know right away??

In Taiwan, they dont tell you anything after the interview. ☹️

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 8/29/2019 at 10:07 PM, Greenbaum said:

Without actually seeing the letter i can only reply that it sounds like thats the NOA2. The language within the letter tipped me off. Ignore the refereance to NVC will do... blah blah blah

Those are the instructions (from the PDF) to update your addresses. 

Thank you so much. we just got the email that NVC has received our case from USCIS but they haven't input our case into their system yet so they can't provide a case number for now.

Is this normal?

Also, what forms and tasks can I accomplish during this time? I read on other entries here filling up the DS-160 form? and when do you advise I do the medical?

(if this has already been asked and answered in this thread, sorry for asking again. I tried to look for it but I couldn't see any.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, walkingoneggshell said:

Thank you so much. we just got the email that NVC has received our case from USCIS but they haven't input our case into their system yet so they can't provide a case number for now.

Is this normal?

Also, what forms and tasks can I accomplish during this time? I read on other entries here filling up the DS-160 form? and when do you advise I do the medical?

(if this has already been asked and answered in this thread, sorry for asking again. I tried to look for it but I couldn't see any.)

yes .. its normal...call after 2-3 days and you would get your case number...you can fill the ds 160 ...and once you get the case number , you can pay your fee and book appointments...after that you can book medicals

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Should we hold off a bit on the interview if we don’t know how the medical will go over? We need to get a note from her doctor because of her anxiety and such and we don’t wanna miss the interview because the medical needs to be done before it

Then yes u should hold off on the interview scheduling.. but get ur other documents going.. like request ur tax transcripts.. I would use my time wisely 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, lashayhicks said:

did you attend the interview? how was it... that was super quick to already say issued!!! how exciting 

I did not attend but I was told the interview was very short and not so difficult 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, rohitla said:

yes .. its normal...call after 2-3 days and you would get your case number...you can fill the ds 160 ...and once you get the case number , you can pay your fee and book appointments...after that you can book medicals

Awesome, thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, rohitla said:

got my case number...will make for 1 oct shipment 😀

Hi my nao2 was 08/27 yours was 2 days later how did you get your number cause they keep telling me no case number yet. I don’t want to miss that shipping 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Nephie said:

Did they emailed you. What time you got it

I called yesterday and received the number then.

sept 25 at 9PM EST.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Just now, UAreWhatuBecame said:

I called yesterday and received the number then.

sept 25 at 9PM EST.

Thank you I’ll try do the same

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nephie said:

Hi my nao2 was 08/27 yours was 2 days later how did you get your number cause they keep telling me no case number yet. I don’t want to miss that shipping 

hey... i understand that..so it varies a little bit..its not in proper sequence as per dates..there was a huge difference for getting noa2 also for people from the same date of filing..but at NVC the difference is reduced to few days only..so i am quite sure you will get by Monday. 

also did they received your case? if they have received the case , then try calling everyday... anyday you would be getting the case number..

i am sorry but i dont think you would be able to make it to that shipping bcz case number received till Wednesday will be shipped on 1 oct..case numbers received later then that would be on 15 oct..let me know if i can help you with anything else

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.