dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2019

396 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Oh I just went back and read the list of financial requirements. Did you all file taxes "married filed jointly"? 

Yes we did. The W2 was for a Household member..

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

Yes we did. The W2 was for a Household member..

Oh no, I'm so sorry for that delay! I filed married separately, and we asked my single brother in a household of one to be our joint sponsor to try to keep things as simple as possible. I'm still abroad, and I'm leaving in a few weeks to get things set up for us in the US. I hope the rest of your process goes smoothly!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
23 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Oh no, they wanted a W2 even though it doesn't say one is required with the transcript? I'm literally waiting for my Joint Sponsor to be added to CEAC so I can upload his financial documents (including tax transcript and paystubs). It says it takes about an hour, so hopefully we will get this all officially sent off in the next few hours. When did you submit all your documents and how many days did it take for them to tell you that you needed a W2? Thanks!

Hi, yea it says an hour but in my case took over 6 hours before it was added 🙄

Timeline
4 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry for that delay! I filed married separately, and we asked my single brother in a household of one to be our joint sponsor to try to keep things as simple as possible. I'm still abroad, and I'm leaving in a few weeks to get things set up for us in the US. I hope the rest of your process goes smoothly!

Thank you, I live abroad as well, in Bogota at the moment with my wife who is 30 week pregnant. Travel safely and I wish you a speedy visa process!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, bishnup said:

Submitted doc on june 12 nothing yet. Anybody on the same boat. Tomorrow gonna be 3 weeks. Eagerly waiting for cc

Some advice, don't call the NVC when the 3 weeks is up. Which would be Friday for you because Thursday is a holiday. If you call, they will put you under Supervisor review, which is hit or miss. They say the NVC has an additional 6 weeks to review your case when it is under supervisor review. If you wait, they will get to it in the order it was submitted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

Some advice, don't call the NVC when the 3 weeks is up. Which would be Friday for you because Thursday is a holiday. If you call, they will put you under Supervisor review, which is hit or miss. They say the NVC has an additional 6 weeks to review your case when it is under supervisor review. If you wait, they will get to it in the order it was submitted.

I am on dilemma. Call nvc or wait another week. Some people got responce within 2-3 days after case reviewed by supervisor 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

Did you got responce from nvc ? How long they take to review ur case ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, bishnup said:

I am on dilemma. Call nvc or wait another week. Some people got responce within 2-3 days after case reviewed by supervisor 

I went on supervisor review and it was 2 days to look at it.

2 long days because I read nearly every post on VJ talking about a 2 month wait under supervisor review. I wouldn't do supervisor review again just for the 1% chance it could cause the process to be 2 months longer. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

I went on supervisor review and it was 2 days to look at it.

2 long days because I read nearly every post on VJ talking about a 2 month wait under supervisor review. I wouldn't do supervisor review again just for the 1% chance it could cause the process to be 2 months longer. 

Thank you . I will wait till tuesday then i give a call

1 hour ago, bishnup said:

Submitted doc on june 12 nothing yet. Anybody on the same boat. Tomorrow gonna be 3 weeks. Eagerly waiting for cc

I resubmitted on June 9 and nothing yet either. I am taking my chances and requested supervisor review after 3 weeks passed. I had to resubmit because the original birth certificate was horizontal (landscape mode), and I submitted document in portrait mode. NVC was not willing to rotate the image and rejected it. 

Edited by Steve H

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Steve H said:

I resubmitted on June 9 and nothing yet either. I am taking my chances and requested supervisor review after 3 weeks passed. I had to resubmit because the original birth certificate was horizontal (landscape mode), and I submitted document in portrait mode. NVC was not willing to rotate the image and rejected it. 

Did you call nvc ? Your 3 weeks mark was yesterday. On first submission how long they take to respond ? 

Edited by bishnup

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.