dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2019

940 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nody said:

Today marks 85 days waiting for the IL!

I'm very frustrated and I'm losing hope 😭

14 months and 1 week in this whole process or this nightmare to be more accurate!!

You should be getting il thus week if it's over 90dats contact NVC if that don't work contact the embassy if that doesn't work your last resort would be contacting the senators office. Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
47 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

You should be getting il thus week if it's over 90dats contact NVC if that don't work contact the embassy if that doesn't work your last resort would be contacting the senators office. Good luck

I think calling them won't help anything cause it seems that Cairo is late in general not just my case! But I will try calling cause I believe that each case is different!

14 minutes ago, Nody said:

I think calling them won't help anything cause it seems that Cairo is late in general not just my case! But I will try calling cause I believe that each case is different!

It is been 103 days and no IL

Cairo- Egypt!

All of us are frustrated!

On 7/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, ram_shan said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=330577

Looks like Amit with CC date of 5/11 has interview scheduled for 7/11. It does look like NVC gave priority to numerically capped category .

I had a nice conversation with an NVC rep on Friday.   So, here's the scoop on the numerical priority cases based on what I understood..

Those cases that have numerical limitations may have had their cases created within the past year and may have submitted all documents and have a DQ date but their visa is not available.   During the interview allotment process, if their visa number does become available, their case is marked complete and it is possible they will jump the queue prior to an immediate relative who has an earlier CC date.   The queue is based on documentary qualification date and in general for the IR cases, it is the same as CC date.  But for numerical cases, the DQ date is earlier and the visa interviews are based on DQ date not CC date.   He said "while it may seem unfair to you,  the others have waited longer than you have.   This DQ date based processing is the fairest way for us to process for assigning interviews as it levels the playing field for all".

This could explain the anomaly we are seeing.   

For what it is worth, my relative has a CC/DQ of 4/28 and still waiting for IL.

Hope this helps

43 minutes ago, rockvil said:

I had a nice conversation with an NVC rep on Friday.   So, here's the scoop on the numerical priority cases based on what I understood..

Those cases that have numerical limitations may have had their cases created within the past year and may have submitted all documents and have a DQ date but their visa is not available.   During the interview allotment process, if their visa number does become available, their case is marked complete and it is possible they will jump the queue prior to an immediate relative who has an earlier CC date.   The queue is based on documentary qualification date and in general for the IR cases, it is the same as CC date.  But for numerical cases, the DQ date is earlier and the visa interviews are based on DQ date not CC date.   He said "while it may seem unfair to you,  the others have waited longer than you have.   This DQ date based processing is the fairest way for us to process for assigning interviews as it levels the playing field for all".

Hope this helps

F2a category is current till September , so that means more f2a visas with prior DQ dates will be getting Interview dates till September.

1 hour ago, Ash n Teen said:

F2a category is current till September , so that means more f2a visas with prior DQ dates will be getting Interview dates till September.

From what I understood, NVC doesn't notify numerical limit folks unless their visa is expected to be current in the 12 months.  They can't do their DS260 and pay fees until they have a case.   As of the May bulletin, the dates for F2A were still in 2017 and it has been moving very slowly.  So, even if a flood of applications were created during April & May because it became current, their application upload/fee processing/DQ checks will still take 3-4 weeks minimum from the first notification from NVC.  So, I think the CURRENT status of F2A for visa bulletin may not be an impact for anyone DQ'd before April 30.   This F2A situation is temporary and will be subject to the total number for the country as a whole.   What it does do is anyone who had already DQ'd before the change in May and waiting for the visa availability to make an impact into those that are still waiting for IL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, rockvil said:

Hope this helps

Isn't DC THE SAME AS CC.. BECAUSE I GIT BITH IN THE SAME DAY. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

I suspect that the NVC rep mixed up Documentarily Qualified Date with Priority Date. Even for Numerically capped cases DQ date is same as CC date.

29 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

If you are an Immediate relative (IR/CR), your DQ should be the same as CC.   For numerical categories, they can't do a CC until an action can be taken based on priority date.    At least that is my understanding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.