20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello,

My husband's case after 3 year wait had been re-approved. USCIS says to wait now 60 days for or NOIR/NOID decision.

How did or, how has anyone preceded after getting their letter? What details did you write back in your letter? Lastly, what additional evidence did they ask for? 

I've provided trip tickets, hotel recipes, shared bank accounts, beneficiary, my will, chat logs, ect...

Anything else that you think I should have or included to send them?

Thanks 

Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@HelpneededJessica,

there is definitely a green light at the end of the tunnel. If you look at my timeline you can see i just got the best gift before Christmas which is my hubby getting his visa.

with my hubby noir letter they told us one by one the reason why the consulate refused his visa. It like 5 or 6 point. Each point i provided details to rebuts the consulate misinterpretation of my marriage. Some of the evidence i got was in regard to what the consulate officer stated. Evidence was that i created a time line of my hubby and i relationship, put text message of before marriage conversation leading up to up to date chat history(over 100 pages front and back), letter from my hubby ex-wife, letter from myself explaining my marriage and a letter from my hubby explaining our marriage, letter from my parents and his parents and my friend, and a letter from his aunt who introduced us together, more photos of recent visits. Those were the few i could remember but just try to put things that could prove your marriage.

thwy question the reason why my hubby married another US citizen and why we didn’t include before marriage communication and things in which the consulate question him about in his interview. My suggestion is that: you know your spouse and marriage better than anyone so just know all will be well, the worst case scenario is having to wait again for reaffirmation! It’s not over and best of luck. If you need any further assistance then email me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry  

confused

you say it is reaffirmed   who reaffirmed?

and then say waiting for NOIR/NOID decision   / that  would mean not reaffirmed

and if reaffirmed. why would you have to write anything back?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

sorry  

confused

you say it is reaffirmed   who reaffirmed?

and then say waiting for NOIR/NOID decision   / that  would mean not reaffirmed

and if reaffirmed. why would you have to write anything back?

Correct.  The original post makes no sense whatsoever.  If you haven't even seen the NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke the approval of the petition) then nothing has been "re-approved".  You wait for the NOIR and respond to it accordingly.  THEN, you wait for their response.  IF, and only if, they reaffirm the petition approval, a new interview will be scheduled.  The visa decision is still going to be made at the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit in Accra, but they cannot deny the visa for the same SPECIFIC reason they used the first time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hello VJ,

Just looking for some insight on our REVOKE NOTICE.

As it is time sensitive matter.

So after waiting 3 years and 9 months for our denial letter, I have received our NOIR!!!
When writing back and submitting what kind of content did you put in your letter and talk about.?.

Timeline

I only received the email today, giving me heads up that a decision was finally made.

They stated that is was sent in the mail June 26th.

So far as the reason I don't officially have the letter yet.

I can only guess that it's they don't believe it's a real marriage.

I just want to start preparing and be ready when it does come.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, HelpneededJessica said:

So far as the reason I don't officially have the letter yet.

I can only guess that it's they don't believe it's a real marriage.

I just want to start preparing and be ready when it does come.

NOIRs will have specific points of concern that will need to each be addressed with compelling evidence.  Without knowing what's in the letter, can't really say how to prepare your rebuttal yet.  

What were the red flags in your case?  Might give some insight as to what will be brought up in the letter...

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

We were never told or given a reason day of his interview as to why.

Officer was very cold & racist and interview was only 8 minutes long!

On the advice of our lawyer we got married in Africa where he lives. She said that was the fastest way to get him here.

I wanted to file a K-1 and get married here, but she advised me to do it her way.

So im thinking that's the only red flag.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A continuation thread has been moved from the Off Topic forum and merged with a predecessor thread in the CR-1 Process forum.  The combined new thread is moved to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

5 hours ago, HelpneededJessica said:

We were never told or given a reason day of his interview as to why.

Officer was very cold & racist and interview was only 8 minutes long!

On the advice of our lawyer we got married in Africa where he lives. She said that was the fastest way to get him here.

I wanted to file a K-1 and get married here, but she advised me to do it her way.

So im thinking that's the only red flag.

The K1 would have been tricky too, you’re dealing with a tough embassy and I think the lawyer made a good call by advising you to go the CR1 route because it could/would improve the chances of an approval (not saying this is a rule but a chance at least and of course this is only my opinion). So this was not necessarily the red flag I think.

When it comes to red flags, think in terms of

how long you have known each other?, 

how many times have you visited?,

did you marry on the first visit?,

is there a huge age gap?,

is there a difference in religion?

these kinds of things..

Also, the fact that the interview only took 8 minutes does not really say anything. What makes you think the CO was racist? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline

I guess I'll see what the true letter says when it comes.
Can't imagine it is any of these.

The CO was very rude and laughed after the 5 questions he asked my husband. The CO told my husband a black man will never make it in the US, or live in the US.
He also threw all evidence back at my husband at the end with no reason as to why for the decision.

52 minutes ago, HelpneededJessica said:

I guess I'll see what the true letter says when it comes.
Can't imagine it is any of these.

The CO was very rude and laughed after the 5 questions he asked my husband. The CO told my husband a black man will never make it in the US, or live in the US.
He also threw all evidence back at my husband at the end with no reason as to why for the decision.

I am so sorry that you are in this situation of not knowing 😢.. But yes, as soon as you receive the letter you will know which points to address.

Wishing you all the best!

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline

Evening VJ,

So after my husband being denied in October 16, 2016 we finally received our NOIR letter today in the mail. 3 years and 9 months.!.

I knew that they were going to say it wasn't a Bona Fide marriage, but other things the CO wrote weren't even asked!! Especially when the interview was 8-10 minutes long!

How did you go about writing your rebuttal letter, & the things you included in it, and the time it took to get a response, & outcome.?.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 😊💕

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.