N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

She would rather spend all our money now and be poor when she's old, and we don't have earning power anymore...

She's ### a retard.

I'm like, you know our kids are gonna pay full boat for college. It starts in 9 years, one after the other. She says they can work and get loans. So I ask her if she knows how much it cost to go to Columbia. She's says no. So I told her it's gonna be around a hundred k per year including room and board. You expect them to make 100k working part time? 

If they go to 6-8 years of school, you expect them to be a half million in debt when they start life? 

This is the mental retardation I'm dealing with...

Her ###### Chanel is more important than her kids. Like her azzole friends...

Edited by SAT

24 minutes ago, SAT said:

She's so ###### stupid, that she can't see the inevitable coming 9 years down the road. 

I just found out yesterday that because I am a disabled veteran I can put in for a scholarship for my kids to go to any state school here in NC with tuition covered. I have been fretting about that myself lately because my oldest is already 12 years old. 

Not to mention I put in this week for the Marine Corps to take a look at my IED incident back in 2007 and hopefully award me a Purple Heart from the TBI bs I have had to deal with since then. This is because back in 2007 they were still trying to figure out what direct blast from a IED will do the brain TBI wise. So the DOD went back in 2011 and revised it that mTBIs are covered now which I only found out August of last year. So it took me almost a year to get all the paperwork and packet ready to send it off to my old chain of command. I got the final approval from my old Battalion Commander on Wednesday and sent it off to HQMC that day as well. Hopefully I hear something back soon because if that goes through then it will help even more. 

I know what you mean though because I have to deal with that same stuff from my wife some times. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I just found out yesterday that because I am a disabled veteran I can put in for a scholarship for my kids to go to any state school here in NC with tuition covered. I have been fretting about that myself lately because my oldest is already 12 years old. 

Not to mention I put in this week for the Marine Corps to take a look at my IED incident back in 2007 and hopefully award me a Purple Heart from the TBI bs I have had to deal with since then. This is because back in 2007 they were still trying to figure out what direct blast from a IED will do the brain TBI wise. So the DOD went back in 2011 and revised it that mTBIs are covered now which I only found out August of last year. So it took me almost a year to get all the paperwork and packet ready to send it off to my old chain of command. I got the final approval from my old Battalion Commander on Wednesday and sent it off to HQMC that day as well. Hopefully I hear something back soon because if that goes through then it will help even more. 

Fingers crossed for you that it goes through. 

1 hour ago, SAT said:

She would rather spend all our money now and be poor when she's old, and we don't have earning power anymore...

She's ### a retard.

I'm like, you know our kids are gonna pay full boat for college. It starts in 9 years, one after the other. She says they can work and get loans. So I ask her if she knows how much it cost to go to Columbia. She's says no. So I told her it's gonna be around a hundred k per year including room and board. You expect them to make 100k working part time? 

If they go to 6-8 years of school, you expect them to be a half million in debt when they start life? 

This is the mental retardation I'm dealing with...

Her ###### Chanel is more important than her kids. Like her azzole friends...

She's a little out of touch. Geez. Don't neglect that most STEM graduate students do get free tuition and little bit of assistantship money for teaching or TAing. It is the only thing luring me to the dark side of going back to get my MS. 

On the other hand, they could go to a SUNY for a fraction of the price, be out quickly, and be on their way. Tuition for state school out here is about $6-8k/year.  You can actually work and pay your way through it. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I know what you mean though because I have to deal with that same stuff from my wife some times. 

Best of luck with this. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Fingers crossed for you that it goes through. 

She's a little out of touch. Geez. Don't neglect that most STEM graduate students do get free tuition and little bit of assistantship money for teaching or TAing. It is the only thing luring me to the dark side of going back to get my MS. 

On the other hand, they could go to a SUNY for a fraction of the price, be out quickly, and be on their way. Tuition for state school out here is about $6-8k/year.  You can actually work and pay your way through it. 

The older one is great, she'll probably get some scholarships the way she's going. But I'm not going to stop preparing just because she's a great student. 

I often say, that some of the best and worst news you can hear from your child is "hey dad! I got accepted to MIT!"

Ok, either you're a parent that's gonna be like "oh ####, now what?"

But I wanna be the guy who's gonna say, "awesome honey! We're ready for it!"

And if she is going to such a school, I want her to concentrate on her studies, not worry about paying rent. Know what I mean? 

Timeline

Now, she says "what do you care what this one or that one do with their money?"

I lose it, I tell her, loudly, this conversation is not about them! It's ##### about you! I don't give a #### what they do. I don't want you to follow!

Their kids don't have #### to worry about! Nothing to lose, always will be fed. Free financial aid! 

Wait till you're 50 and they're 50. You're comfortably retired, and your azzole friends are still slaving away living in squalor. 

It's like she wants to live like her stupid friends. They collect WIC and SNAP, and spend their summers vacationing all over. Not a penny in the bank. 

We're upper middle class people, and there's a reason why we're here.

Can you please at least pretend to be my partner in this? Instead of ###### arguing with me with your ###### ghetto logic? 

She lives by that old Chinese proverb, "this morning have wine, this morning I'm drunk"

##### idiot....

####### is wrong with her....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm not saying I don't have financial arguments with LC about spending, but she ain't Tiff, that's for sure.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

10 hours ago, SAT said:

To clarify, she thinks going on vacation and buying things are more important than saving for her future. Like, not a care in the ###### world. Like her azzhole friends...

She thinks when she's 50, it's too late to enjoy life. She thinks she won't be able to walk by then. That's the mentality I'm dealing with. 

I'm really, really tired of trying to explain things to her...

That's a very sort sighted view. Most people want better for their kids.

I am well over 50. Well over. Please assure your charming wife that I can walk. I do it every day just for the heck of it. 50 is not old.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

In fact, following Nicoletta's advice, I just got one of those foam rollers today. Oh man what a back helper..

The inverse table is good too, but ya gotta hang there for a few minutes. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
19 hours ago, NikLR said:

Is she incapable of putting gas in the car?

No, Niki-B. ma'am, but she's incapable of focusing enough to calculate & log mileage in the all-important booklet for same, ADD she and sigh we man.

We have trained her to add an exact number of gallons when she runs out, save the receipt or the number of gallons, and give it to us to use in calculating the mpg during fill-up, miracles do happen man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).