N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

How much for your new tyres & wheels, huh Niki-B. ma'am?

Our guess is $Many, si man.

(Got it, first try, si man.)

Likely more than you'd pay.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

New bed sleeps like a dream. Himself is usually up and down half a dozen times in a night, and I no longer wake up when he starts moving around. Herself was suspicious at first, even with her doggy steps and her bed of choice in there, but has come to terms with the move.  It's on a quieter side of the house, not that there is any noise at all at the moment, the neighbors are all still in jail.

I'll have to open up the shelter today, and put some stuff in there, we have some heavy weather for late tonight. I wish these storm systems came through in the daylight.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, cdneh said:

New bed sleeps like a dream. Himself is usually up and down half a dozen times in a night, and I no longer wake up when he starts moving around. Herself was suspicious at first, even with her doggy steps and her bed of choice in there, but has come to terms with the move.  It's on a quieter side of the house, not that there is any noise at all at the moment, the neighbors are all still in jail.

I'll have to open up the shelter today, and put some stuff in there, we have some heavy weather for late tonight. I wish these storm systems came through in the daylight.

Yay, new bed!!1

What weather is coming in?? I'm not current on the forecast been outside all day burning garden detritus.

11 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Yay, new bed!!1

What weather is coming in?? I'm not current on the forecast been outside all day burning garden detritus.

We are expecting some storms, likely getting to us about midnight out of OK. Our little area is cross hatched in red, and they are talking 90mph straight line winds, hail, and of course tornado potential. I'm glad I got the shade sail down last week. I've been out putting  the chairs and little tables in the shed, moved the pot plants to the lee side and I've taken down the bird feeders.

Put the bug out bag in the shelter, and I had it open airing all afternoon. Herself isn't interested  in going out in any sort of weather, so I've got her portable crate to stuff her in if the need arises. It's is lightweight, and once Himself is safely down and in I can pass her down no worries. Easier than trying to convince her to walk outside in bad weather, and easier than lugging a squirming dog who wants only to go back inside.

32 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Oh no hope it doesn't come here, but if it moves north out of OK probably will. We moved all of the potted plants into the garage last weekend for the winter because frost was forecast and it did. Killed all of the tomato plants. That's what we burned today. Still need to move the gold fish inside and mulch the strawberry plants.

When my parents built their new house, I convinced them to put in a shelter in the garage so they wouldn't have to go outside. My dad wanted to build an underground one that you had to use a ladder to get into and out of. He was in very bad shape at the time from Parkinson's and thank goodness he listened to me at put it in the garage. 

Hope the weather doesn't get too wild.

Good thinking. I'd rather have had that kind as well. We don't have a garage to put a safe room in, and there isn't any room in the house at all. So we  have the ladder one.

I've just come in from taking the dog out. It's very muggy :blink:

9 hours ago, cdneh said:

The bed is something I have told myself to never really skimp on because it can make or break you. The bed I am currently in I bought for about $900 on sale during tax time because I had so much back pain. The bed was a flat out lifesaver for my back. The only bad thing is that even after I rotate the bed I have to switch sides with the wife so that the bed doesn't sag. 

We had a cool wet day here in NC so I decided that it would be a good day to go through some boxes in the garage and flat out organize it. Since we haven't had the chance to do it since we moved in and it has been so hot. 

So I was going through a box and I put my hand in it to do something when I felt a sharp cut on the end of my index finger. It turns out that my wife had a 12 inch long bread knife in there and I just so happened to find it. 

25 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

We had a cool wet day here in NC so I decided that it would be a good day to go through some boxes in the garage and flat out organize it. Since we haven't had the chance to do it since we moved in and it has been so hot. 

So I was going through a box and I put my hand in it to do something when I felt a sharp cut on the end of my index finger. It turns out that my wife had a 12 inch long bread knife in there and I just so happened to find it. 

Ouch! I hope it's not too bad 😕

Weather radio has gone off, I imagine there will be more of that as the night goes on. Tornado watch  until 0300.

3 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Ouch! I hope it's not too bad 😕

Weather radio has gone off, I imagine there will be more of that as the night goes on. Tornado watch  until 0300.

It's not that bad but it is right on the end of my dang index finger. So think of like a papercut X2

I hope you stay out of bad weather and stay safe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ouch, that is something I would do. Except I would put it in there and forget about it until I stab myself.

It got dark here earlier than normal. The chickens put themselves to be earlier. I think they know the storm is coming. I put away some of the pool supplies. Didn't get the pool taken down. I knew I wouldn't get it all folded, cleaned off and put away before the storm hit. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

7 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Ouch, that is something I would do. Except I would put it in there and forget about it until I stab myself.

It got dark here earlier than normal. The chickens put themselves to be earlier. I think they know the storm is coming. I put away some of the pool supplies. Didn't get the pool taken down. I knew I wouldn't get it all folded, cleaned off and put away before the storm hit. 

Yeah I know I was pretty pissed but it was my fault by not being careful. I did end up putting all the canned beans, spahetti O's, and vegetables away in the cabinets. So I was able to help free up some space in the garage that was being taken up by those boxes. I found the charger to my son's motorized scooter, which he was very happy about since I live on a dead end road that is over a mile long.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We'll probably get Eh ma'am's storm, or at least the rain, mess up morning commute & warshed cars man.

We were headed for a perfect Sunday, don't leave casa we man.

Subdued Many (2+2) laundry loads that could've been condensed into Many (2+1) loads, sigh man.

Finished other chores and got nap, add to success of day man.

However, Mrs. T-B. reminded us of bulk trash to be curbsided at the rental casa, sigh man.

This comprised old blinds & old countertop remnants, detritus man.

We curbsided all of it and were sweating like an illegitimate male child, how dry we weren't man.

Nothing like taking a second shower on a Sunday, Clean for Gene we man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, rrobin0609 said:

Husband and I are flying to the UK tonight to see his parents. Super excited to be going but also super nervous. I don't like plane travel with other people and I just had my GP confirm my first pregnancy. Only about 7 weeks along, but I started feeling sick at the beginning of the week and its probably not going to let up. I've eaten soup, cereal, and saltines for the last 48 hours. Been very uncomfortable this week.

Congratulations! :)

18 hours ago, cdneh said:

New bed sleeps like a dream. Himself is usually up and down half a dozen times in a night, and I no longer wake up when he starts moving around.

New bed AND new mattress is the best thing ever! :) When I got mine all my back problems went away and I sleep like a baby :lol: