Peng Fei

Should We Be Worried?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We submitted our I-129F on March 1, 2019 and got our NOA1 on March 7, 2019. Recently I'm starting to notice people getting their I-129F's approved for those who applied in March, and it's starting to worry me now.Our lawyer handled all of the paperwork, but could it still be possible to get a RFE? I do feel confident we filled everything out right, I'm just starting to get nervous seeing many people getting their NOA2's. The site states that our approval is overdue, which is why I started getting even more nervous. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I applied in February and only got my acceptance 2 weeks ago. There are a few from the time I submitted who are still waiting, I believe you're still in time. Try not to stress

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Peng Fei said:

We submitted our I-129F on March 1, 2019 and got our NOA1 on March 7, 2019. Recently I'm starting to notice people getting their I-129F's approved for those who applied in March, and it's starting to worry me now.Our lawyer handled all of the paperwork, but could it still be possible to get a RFE? I do feel confident we filled everything out right, I'm just starting to get nervous seeing many people getting their NOA2's. The site states that our approval is overdue, which is why I started getting even more nervous. 

Relax 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Peng Fei said:

We submitted our I-129F on March 1, 2019 and got our NOA1 on March 7, 2019. Recently I'm starting to notice people getting their I-129F's approved for those who applied in March, and it's starting to worry me now.Our lawyer handled all of the paperwork, but could it still be possible to get a RFE? RFEs can occur at any time during the entire process. I do feel confident we filled everything out right, I'm just starting to get nervous seeing many people getting their NOA2's. The site states that our approval is overdue, which is why I started getting even more nervous. 

You paid for an attorney to handle this matter for you. What are they saying or doing now?

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Just now, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

You paid for an attorney to handle this matter for you. What are they saying or doing now?

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Yes, we paid for an attorney to handle the entire process for us. We just gather all of the required documents and submit to him. I haven't called my attorney yet, I'll just wait a bit before doing so. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Just now, Peng Fei said:

Yes, we paid for an attorney to handle the entire process for us. We just gather all of the required documents and submit to him. I haven't called my attorney yet, I'll just wait a bit before doing so. 

As others have said..... you have little reason to stress out. You should be directing your inquiries to your paid representative. :yes: That is what you paid him to do, represent you in this matter.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Everyone is getting noa2 in only 3 months now? Time to update the K1 timelines. Took my I-129F just over 6 months for approval. Looks like things have really sped up for the K1. That's good 😊.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, Peng Fei said:

Take it from someone who was freaking out himself... analyzing the he** out of similar timelines... cursing at every new couple who got their NOA2 before him... going OUT OF HIS MIND !!!

We had our NOA2 in 133 days... a bit less than 4 1/2 months.

We have an immigration lawyer, too.  His fee is quite reasonable and his reviews online speak for themselves.  When it comes to the not-so-intuitive government forms, I feel it is best to go with someone who does this sort of thing in his/her sleep.  Others go it alone and that's fine, too.

We had no RFE for our I-129f petition.  Straight approval.  Our lawyer had us collect every darn thing possible and he put it all together in a nice, neat little package.  Ok, BIG package.  Of course simply hiring an immigration lawyer is no guarantee you won't get a RFE.  For people who have gotten a RFE, it isn't the end of the world.  It seems to have held up most by around a month or so.  At least the ones I saw.

So, as payxibka says, relax.  Really.  If I had to do it over again... if I had to do it over again... I tell you...

The one thing I learned about the USCIS... it is NOT consistent.  The turnaround time for your NOA2 will depend on a lot of things.  I suspect, based on your timeline, you will probably be hearing something in the near future.

P.S. - Save yourself some aggravation.  Resist calling the USCIS unless the posted turnaround time has passed for your petition.  It's hard but do it... for your health and well being.  You'll be sitting on hold for what seems like an eternity only to learn squat.  On this website you may read about Tier 2 agents and tales of how people learned SO MANY THINGS from them... things that the frontline CSRs don't know.  Don't believe them.  It is 100% USDA choice horse manure.

P.S. (Part 2) - Limit your calls to the NVC, too.  Greenbaum starts a new NOA2 thread every month with some awesome information and great direction when you are at the NVC stage.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Peng Fei said:

Just so everything is aware, our I129F was approved on June 25th. Thanks to you all for saying to be patient.

Lol @ everyone freaking out this early, ours took 10 months last year and it wasn't even one of the longest!  Glad to see the suffering has become shorter nowadays. :thumbs:

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.