Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

796 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Distantlove718 said:

We have a very similar timeline! They just received our case today. Does that mean Monday we should have a case number? 

Congrats! That's great news! From what I have seen the past couple of weeks with people's comments and timelines, NVC are assigning case numbers fairly quickly after it is received, a few days to a week - but that can always change, your mileage may vary as @Greenbaum always wisely advises! But at this stage we will have missed the next ship out to the embassies on June 25th anyway. So as long as your case number is assigned by Wed July 3rd, your case should be sent out on the July 9th shipment. Maybe wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to call for your case number, it will give them a couple of days to process and perhaps save you sitting on hold more than once! 

Edited by Eagleburra

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Today has been a busy day. 

It took 45 minutes to reach a live person, but I found out that my case arrived at the NVC today. 

I anticipate a case number being assigned next week.

NOA2 date is 5/30/19

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

@TandClaudia Yay! Congrats! I hope you and @Distantlove718 get your case numbers assigned quickly! 

Edited by Eagleburra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I am so thrilled to be on this stage now, baffling really! 

So, I just have a couple of things that I would greatly appreciate clarification if needed be: 

1. It could take 2,3 weeks or a month for the NVC to receive our case, so at the latest, the NVC should have our case July 15th correct? (I understand mileages can vary, just asking "standard timing" wise) 

2. How long would the wait time for calling the NVC around 3-4 PM be? 

3. When can I start doing the medical exams? The moment I get NOA2 or a case number? I thought it was NOA2 but I read otherwise not too long ago, so now I'm just kinda confused 

4. What happens if I needed to wait to do my interview until the month the petition expires, would I get grilled for that at the interview or just cause problems in general? 

4. Is it unrealistic to imagine being done with this prior to Aug 16th? We would really like it if that could be the case as we would like to do various things around this time but if not possible then that's completely fine 

As an extra question unrelated to the above.

If his tax transcript for last year is not above the 125% do we need to wait to file for AOS until next year when his new tax transcript is out or need a co sponsor regardless if by the end of the year the transcript would be well above the 125%? 

Thank you all for all the knowledge that is shared within this community, idk what we would've done  if we didn't stumble upon this website. 

Edited by oflyingbunnyo
Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eagleburra said:

@TandClaudia Yay! Congrats! I hope you and @Distantlove718 get your case numbers assigned quickly! 

Thank you @Eagleburra!

@Greenbaum@Sarge2155, I think we have that passport situation resolved (finally).  I have an email to send off on Monday to confirm it.  I can't handle any other "Administrative Duties" today. 

I still have to do my 2018 taxes this weekend.  :blink:

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

53 minutes ago, oflyingbunnyo said:

I am so thrilled to be on this stage now, baffling really! 

So, I just have a couple of things that I would greatly appreciate clarification if needed be: 

1. It could take 2,3 weeks or a month for the NVC to receive our case, so at the latest, the NVC should have our case July 15th correct? (I understand mileages can vary, just asking "standard timing" wise) Refer to the pdf on the first page first post. 

2. How long would the wait time for calling the NVC around 3-4 PM be? No one can say with any certainty what telephone traffic will be like at anytime of the day.

3. When can I start doing the medical exams? The moment I get NOA2 or a case number? I thought it was NOA2 but I read otherwise not too long ago, so now I'm just kinda confused The visa validity is tied to the medical and is only 6 months in length. Consider completing closer to your interview date.

4. What happens if I needed to wait to do my interview until the month the petition expires, would I get grilled for that at the interview or just cause problems in general? The embassy can extend in 4 months increments but most require a good explanation. 

4. Is it unrealistic to imagine being done with this prior to Aug 16th? We would really like it if that could be the case as we would like to do various things around this time but if not possible then that's completely fine The answer embassy specific do to how many are ahead of you. 

As an extra question unrelated to the above.

If his tax transcript for last year is not above the 125% do we need to wait to file for AOS until next year when his new tax transcript is out or need a co sponsor regardless if by the end of the year the transcript would be well above the 125%? 

You need to file AOS within the 90 days or face deportation. It just happened.  Person was pulled over for a traffic citation and she couldn't produce her AOS to show she had filed. Still in jail after 5 weeks.

Thank you all for all the knowledge that is shared within this community, idk what we would've done  if we didn't stumble upon this website. 

Can you stumble around and begin reading many of these topics have been discussed in other threads. Thanks and good luck with your journey 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting from their NOA2 K-1 to their case assignment from NVC.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

So I clicked the link and its to send a question to NVC. Do I feel it out and leave the question blank to update my email address? Or do I click something else on this page to do this?

1 minute ago, SMACEM2019 said:

So I clicked the link and its to send a question to NVC. Do I feel it out and leave the question blank to update my email address? Or do I click something else on this page to do this?

The instructions state to add certain information within the box. Revisit PDF to review. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

23 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

Thank you @Eagleburra!

@Greenbaum@Sarge2155, I think we have that passport situation resolved (finally).  I have an email to send off on Monday to confirm it.  I can't handle any other "Administrative Duties" today. 

I still have to do my 2018 taxes this weekend.  :blink:

Ahhh very good, but don't put off till tomorrow, what you can do today! I had to say it LOL. Be advised that if you owe  IRS and you don't  settle your amount due if any, all at once, IRS will not provide you with your transcript until your account is squared up!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just got off the phone with NVC -- our case was received today 6/21. NOA2 was 5/30. :)

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

The instructions state to add certain information within the box. Revisit PDF to review. 

Am I correct in saying I have to wait to update my email address with NVC as per the PDF until I receive the actual approval letter in the mail in order to have the NOA2 receipt #? Or is there somewhere else I can obtain that number? I am approved on the old site but the new site still says RFE received and I haven't received an email or anything else with a receipt # on it.

2 hours ago, SMACEM2019 said:

Am I correct in saying I have to wait to update my email address with NVC as per the PDF until I receive the actual approval letter in the mail in order to have the NOA2 receipt #? Or is there somewhere else I can obtain that number? I am approved on the old site but the new site still says RFE received and I haven't received an email or anything else with a receipt # on it.

Please refer to the instructions.  Thats why i created the document so i dont have to answer the same questions over and over.  If i answer question then I'd defeat the purpose of the document.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys, after seeing these updates today I called and just got off the phone with NVC. They did receive my petition today and also gave me a case number. Was that not the same for you all? Congrats to everyone in our next towards the embassy. 

10 minutes ago, Horty said:

Hi guys, after seeing these updates today I called and just got off the phone with NVC. They did receive my petition today and also gave me a case number. Was that not the same for you all? Congrats to everyone in our next towards the embassy. 

Every one takes thse steps. NOA2,  Case number from NVC and then onto their respective embassies. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.