Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

796 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Matheus said:

Hey guys, our NOA2 is from June 5th, so I'm assuming we won't get a case number until July 5th or so according to the estimate times, is that right?  Maybe as the timelines for processing are always in an ebb and flow state one can't say with any certainty. Another thing that I didn't understand is, I can only start filling DS-160 when I have a case number assigned? Yes, because the case number is required to begin the process of completing the DS-160. When entering the ceac.state.gov website I have to select Non-Immigrant and fill out a DS-160 form normally, is that correct? Yes

Thanks in advance :) Your welcome :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

@Greenbaum Im assuming that you are retired from the military, seeing that your profile picture is a sailor and country being Philippines . I was just wondering how you have such extensive knowledge about these things :) i love your humor on other posts too 😂

Would you happen to know if it would beneficial for us to get a ssn before or after getting married with regards to getting a job and dealing with the military? 

1 hour ago, razcalboy said:

@Greenbaum Im assuming that you are retired from the military, seeing that your profile picture is a sailor and country being Philippines . I was just wondering how you have such extensive knowledge about these things :) i love your humor on other posts too 😂

Would you happen to know if it would beneficial for us to get a ssn before or after getting married with regards to getting a job and dealing with the military? 

Yes I'm ex military.  US Navy. Thank you.

You should plan on visiting your local SS office the first week in the states. Apply for your number. Once you get married and have the necessary marriage document then return to SS and complete a name change. You will be successful if you use my timeline.  Dilly dally and you could loose the opportunity till after your GC arrives.

1. A few days after landing in the USA go to Social Security and apply for your SSN card. After submitting your application you should have your new SSN/card in your hands in about 2 weeks or less. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHOBLEkvkVlUEnW-F9FK8idDTV1bm_D3/view?usp=sharing
2. Get married. 
3. Complete your AOS filing https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos
4. Return to Social Security with Marriage Certificate and have your name changed. 
5. Begin enjoying married life. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes I'm ex military.  US Navy. Thank you.

You should plan on visiting your local SS office the first week in the states. Apply for your number. Once you get married and have the necessary marriage document then return to SS and complete a name change. You will be successful if you use my timeline.  Dilly dally and you could loose the opportunity till after your GC arrives.

1. A few days after landing in the USA go to Social Security and apply for your SSN card. After submitting your application you should have your new SSN/card in your hands in about 2 weeks or less. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHOBLEkvkVlUEnW-F9FK8idDTV1bm_D3/view?usp=sharing
2. Get married. 
3. Complete your AOS filing https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos
4. Return to Social Security with Marriage Certificate and have your name changed. 
5. Begin enjoying married life. 

Good stuff! Thank you for you service and continued support for everyone here 👍🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Noa2 approved on 13th June 

I guess we'll try calling on the 30th? 

In the meantime i just sent in application for Certificate of Good Conduct not sure what else to do while we wait

Just hella happy we got approved on the first part :luv: 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sachinmayer said:

Hi guys

What’s the timeframe for nvc?

received my no2 on June 13th

Right now, it's between 3 weeks and a month. 

My NOA2 date was 5/30/19 and when I called the NVC yesterday, they still had not received my case.

A March filer who received their NOA2 on 5/24/19 just had their case number assigned yesterday.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

15 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

Right now, it's between 3 weeks and a month. 

My NOA2 date was 5/30/19 and when I called the NVC yesterday, they still had not received my case.

A March filer who received their NOA2 on 5/24/19 just had their case number assigned yesterday.

Our case took 2 weeks after we received the letter of approval from USCIS and then another 2 days to get the NVC case number. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Just tried calling nvc it’s Friday at 9:48 am and the automatic message says they are closed. Are they closed for the day or open different hours today? 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Distantlove718 said:

Just tried calling nvc it’s Friday at 9:48 am and the automatic message says they are closed. Are they closed for the day or open different hours today? 

I'm getting that same message.  I can't get through on the other number either.  I will try later today.

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline

@Eagleburra Thanks for posting that update.  I'm expecting (praying and hoping) that we get our case number next week and that our packet is in the July 9th shipment to the Embassy. 

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

@TandClaudia No problems at all! Fingers, toes, everything else crossed for you that you get some great news soon too! My Fiancé and I both attempted to call in the past couple of days... On Wednesday I called at 9am and was on hold for an hour, only to have the call drop out! Then I could not get back through again. My Fiancé tried yesterday around 11am and couldn't get through at all. Patience and persistence is a virtue! All the best xx

Edited by Eagleburra

Timeline
34 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

I'm getting that same message.  I can't get through on the other number either.  I will try later today.

Got through by using the first number on the list. 

They received our case today! Yay! Does that mean we might make the first July shipment ? 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Eagleburra said:

Hi all, 

My Fiancé (USC) just got off the phone with NVC... happy to hear our case was received on June 20th, and our case number was assigned today, June 21st. Our NOA2 was May 29th. 

Case number received date quoted by NVC matches the Julian calendar provided in the very helpful PDF provided in the first page and post of this thread. Therefore, I do not expect that we will make the June 25th send out to the consulate/embassy. Which is fine, gives us a few more weeks to get everything ready for the next step! 

Just want to thank @Greenbaum and @Sarge2155 for all your wisdom and advice. We have been silent observers (stalkers!!) of VJ since we sent in our petition back in December. Your patience with this process and with everyone's questions is very inspiring!! Keep up the great work :)

We have a very similar timeline! They just received our case today. Does that mean Monday we should have a case number? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.