Abdallah1993

Hello please help !

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So far I am gonna apply for n400 citizenship. And I wasn’t aware of sss selective service draft I just sadly turn 26 last month and I figure out that I should have done it . Is there any one go throw the same thing and what did u do my case based on 3 years marriage 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Abdallah1993 said:

So far I am gonna apply for n400 citizenship. And I wasn’t aware of sss selective service draft I just sadly turn 26 last month and I figure out that I should have done it . Is there any one go throw the same thing and what did u do my case based on 3 years marriage 

Generally, when a male failed to register, his N-400 should be denied and he has to wait until he is over 31 (USCIS cannot deny the application based on this reason as its statute of limitation has expired ).

However, if he can demonstrate that he was not knowingly and willfully failed to register,  he may get approved.  This can be difficult and may need help of an immigration lawyer.

Edited by VNN

Timeline

Some how it’s not fare cause I already waited 3 years and for nothing I will wait more 5 years ! Like how come . Nobody notify me with mail about it  

Anyway thanks for responding 👍🏻

Timeline

When I sign those paper I select the I will be willing to do it but I have no idea about it at all can you please understand. It’s not I meant to not do it . I wish I opened the application earlier would have avoided the whole situation month ago when I was 25 . 

Timeline

I need someone who has the same experience and go through  it . There is a way which explain to them with the application why was that happened and  the good intention

Edited by Abdallah1993

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Abdallah1993 said:

I need someone who has the same experience and go through  it . There is a way which explain to them with the application why was that happened and  the good intention

I hope someone can help you but this type of case is rare. To be honest, I have not personally known anyone who needed to register but failed to register.

I expect the majority get denied anyway. There might be a very few could get approved but they may not be VJ members.

in case, you do not receive any further advice, you can try to write a cover letter to explain it and take your chance. The worse case: you will lose your fees.

Edited by VNN

1 hour ago, Abdallah1993 said:

Some how it’s not fare cause I already waited 3 years and for nothing I will wait more 5 years ! Like how come . Nobody notify me with mail about it  

Anyway thanks for responding 👍🏻

How is it not fair? Almost everyone else knows about it and manages to register. We all have the same information available to us. 

*~*~*moved from “military-related immigration” to “citizenship discussion”*~*~* 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Well sir not everyone knows about it . I why I would serve if I am not a citizen the first thing come to your head the other things is that it’s not really highlighted in anyware there is no any alerts or freaking letter said apply or do o am sorry ! So don’t blame me . I saw one case over here check @mshaban he has the same problem .what happened has happened now I need solutions if you have one sir let me know . 

47 minutes ago, Abdallah1993 said:

Well sir 

I’m female...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All men that I know that filed to register have to wait until they are 31 to be allowed to gain USC , assuming they have no other offenses.  If you want to try the letter , you can but are likely throwing your money away.   SInce 2000 men that use the form 485 should have had they information automatically forwarded and may have been registered without taking action.  

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

Actually when you get your GC there is information about registering with SS. So no you can't say to them you didn't know. 

Now here is your little bit of hope. Call SS Monday morning and ask them to look you up. (You can try their website but it's not always accurate. None of my boys show up online.) There is a tiny chance you were automatically registered when you got your GC. It's a small chance but it does happen. My son was automatically registered. He actually got the card in the mail a few months before his 18th birthday. 

Unfortunately ma’am I have already did that and they say they can’t find nothing when. I did the I 485 I did choose to accept the draft to be automatically but I think it didn’t happened now my plan for the police academy and my school has fallen a parr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.