2,108 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

You don't need EAD if you have your green card already. It will cancel due to benefits received by other means.

Does this mean you have to get your SSN AND TIN by yourself? Cause when I submitted my I-485 and I-130 I checked the box about wanting to include application of SSN in EAD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 9/8/2019 at 9:07 AM, Reed1812 said:

Receipt notice 20th May

Bio letter 30th August (Finally!)

Bio Walk in 3rd September

Status update to Interview Scheduled 6th September 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, payxibka said:

Yup.  Statuses updated almost immediately.   We are waiting for the interview to be scheduled 

On 9/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, amalam said:

I received my biometrics appointment late (~2.5/3 months after filing). However, as soon as I was done with Biometrics last Friday (9/6/2019), my status changed to Case ready to be scheduled for interview. The last status I saw was Fingerprint fee received. No update on the I-765/I131. Still showing up just as case received. Guess the long wait now begins!

Similar situation here.... not so lucky of getting my status updated fast..... 

still no sign of I-765 biometrics appointment.....

Should I raise another service request? It seems pretty useless at the point.... 😭

Received NOA on 5/21 

RFE on 7/25

Respond on 8/5 

USCIS notice of receiving document on 8/10

Biometrics notice for I-485 on 8/2 

Biometrics walk in for I-485 on 9/10

No updates....... 

Case was reviewed at NBC

Local office is Atlanta

2 hours ago, paulmit said:

Similar situation here.... not so lucky of getting my status updated fast..... 

still no sign of I-765 biometrics appointment.....

Should I raise another service request? It seems pretty useless at the point.... 😭

Received NOA on 5/21 

RFE on 7/25

Respond on 8/5 

USCIS notice of receiving document on 8/10

Biometrics notice for I-485 on 8/2 

Biometrics walk in for I-485 on 9/10

No updates....... 

Case was reviewed at NBC

Local office is Atlanta

Edited by etapia

June 17th filer here just saw our EAD status was updated on september 11th to card is being processed and our I 485 is ready for scheduling. This is quicker than i expected. God is good. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, etapia said:

June 17th filer here just saw our EAD status was updated on september 11th to card is being processed and our I 485 is ready for scheduling. This is quicker than i expected. God is good. 

Did you expedite? Did you apply for both EAD and AP? or just EAD? btw CONGRATULATIONS! 

Edited by ds2

23 minutes ago, ds2 said:

Did you expedite? Did you apply for both EAD and AP? or just EAD? btw CONGRATULATIONS! 

We filed everything at the sane time, tried to expedite the ead but they somehow lost the paperwork that they requested for us to send. We received and rfe regarding my taxes for this year and we sent that a day later. We called about the expedite paperwork friday and the rep said they did not receive anything from us. Checked this morning and noticed the updates. I believe the travel document doesnt get received until after the interview, would anyone know?

Edited by etapia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, etapia said:

We filed everything at the sane time, tried to expedite the ead but they somehow lost the paperwork that they requested for us to send. We received and rfe regarding my taxes for this year and we sent that a day later. We called about the expedite paperwork friday and the rep said they did not receive anything from us. Checked this morning and noticed the updates. I believe the travel document doesnt get received until after the interview, would anyone know?

Travel document is an interim benefit and is not required after you get the green card 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, etapia said:

I think it got expedited otherwise its way too soon for a June 17th filer to be approved so soon I believe. If you applied for both EAD and AP you should receive it together as a combo card.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, ds2 said:

I think it got expedited otherwise its way too soon for a June 17th filer to be approved so soon I believe. If you applied for both EAD and AP you should receive it together as a combo card.

Not if it was expedited 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, NatalieM said:

Hello everyone! I have my biometrics appointment today after waiting since May!

is anyone on this thread from Chicago? Have any Chicago area filers been notified of an interview date?

Yes. We got our date. Filed May 2nd, received on 3rd, notice on 7th, biometric on June 3rd,

sept 6 told that interview scheduled.

date is for oct 17th - 6 weeks out.

hope this helps

Timeline
12 hours ago, ds2 said:

The expedited cases I have seen, people have got both of them

I've seen just as many the other way

YMMV

I gotta ask cuz im kinda confused about so many people already getting their greencard interviews?

I thought you get the EAD after 3-8 months and then the greencard interview takes about a year or two. Like when I check my office, they are still in March or something like that for the AOS.

Is it normal to have the greencard interview already 6 months and the card a few weeks after? Or do you have the interview and then you wait a few more months`?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Toastbear said:

I thought you get the EAD after 3-8 months and then the greencard interview takes about a year or two. Like when I check my office, they are still in March or something like that for the AOS.

Some offices (Ohio, and Carolinas come to mind) tend to be very fast, with no to little backlog. So yeah those will get done fast. Other, have backlog in 10000. The processing actually is speeding up, with most offices processing more application than what they take in, which help shrink backlog little by little but the process is slow.

You can see some statistics here for I-485

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/Immigration Forms Data/Adjustment of Status/I485_performancedata_fy2019_qtr2.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.