SINDY33

4 times denied a US VISA

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SINDY33 said:

i have SUV under my name

A vehicle is not a tie.  A vehicle can be quickly sold.

i have started a new business of my own which i need to attend to.

Is the business an online/mobile business that can be conducted from anywhere?  If so, not a strong tie in the eyes of the CO.  

I have a kid going to college this school year and i am the only parent they have to look after them

Unfortunately, people leave their children all the time.  Plus, being older and college-aged presumably he/she is almost an adult his/herself.  The child enrolled in college would be THEIR strong tie back to the home country, not yours.

All you can do is try and see what happens this time around.  Good luck.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes my wife has been denied for a tourist visa once already from Saigon her interview lasted about 5 minutes saying that she didn't have enough stuff tosay that she will return to Vietnam. She has property,  family including two daughters,  her schooling and future promise of a very good job helping the Vietnamese people. What else do they want ??

1 minute ago, Going through said:

Is the business an online/mobile business that can be conducted from anywhere?  If so, not a strong tie in the eyes of the CO.  

Unfortunately, people leave their children all the time.  Plus, being older and college-aged presumably he/she is almost an adult his/herself.  The child enrolled in college would be THEIR strong tie back to the home country, not yours.

I have a physical stall located in one of the malls in Manila. The only thing is that, every stall there is under monthly contract and not yearly. But i have a BIR and DTI registration. 

If being employed is the only strong tie, then i would be lying if i say i am working. But i dont want to do that. 

About my son, yeah you have a point there. I dont know what to tell them in order for them to believe i will come home because i will really come back. life here is better. Modesty aside, (and out of frustration) i just want to say this, my husband provides well for us. I am used to having house helpers and a driver to make life easier. I cant do that in the US. I like my lifestyle here in my own country. 

8 minutes ago, rlhull said:

Yes my wife has been denied for a tourist visa once already from Saigon her interview lasted about 5 minutes saying that she didn't have enough stuff tosay that she will return to Vietnam. She has property,  family including two daughters,  her schooling and future promise of a very good job helping the Vietnamese people. What else do they want ??

I know right... its so frustrating because In all honesty i will come back. But just because i have no job, they would think i wont come back? Dont they even consider that perhaps i already have a good life here? That i just truly want to go to US for a short period of time? It seems so unfair because they granted visas to people who never came back. These people have good paying jobs here in Manila.  Their judgement is not fair. But what can i do? They are the authority.  They make or break us. 

Edited by SINDY33

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Going through said:

my apologies if this will sound rude, not my intention (really)

but im just wondering if you say,

a vehicle is not a strong tie coz it can be sold anytime

a business can be conducted  from anywhere if its online

people leave children all the time

it also means,

poeple leave husband seriously

house and property can be sold anytime

people can just leave a job anytime too..

so now im wondering what can be a strong ties in you opinion?

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

All you can do is apply, and you will be denied or approved on your own merits, including the totality of your current and past applications.  No one here can predict the outcome.

I can predict it, After 4 denials, I can predict a 5th denial based on past history

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

19 minutes ago, SINDY33 said:

I know right... its so frustrating because In all honesty i will come back. But just because i have no job, they would think i wont come back? Dont they even consider that perhaps i already have a good life here? That i just truly want to go to US for a short period of time? It seems so unfair because they granted visas to people who never came back. These people have good paying jobs here in Manila.  Their judgement is not fair. But what can i do? They are the authority.  They make or break us. 

It is because too many people in the past that had visitor visas abused by not returning home. Unfortunately, the Philippines has a high number of B1/2 denials but also, the PHL has some of the hisghest visitor visa applicants.

I don't know a huge amount about your country, but I do know that it is common practice for Filipinos to leave and work in other countries. I think they are called OFW. Because it is difficult for many Filipinos to come and stay in the US permanently, many use a visitor visa instead. It has nothing to do with you personally, it is just more difficult for countries like yours that had a history of visa abusers.

Curious, did your sister apply for your mother? Did your mother have a tourist visa before?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
34 minutes ago, ourjourney_pc said:

my apologies if this will sound rude, not my intention (really)

but im just wondering if you say,

a vehicle is not a strong tie coz it can be sold anytime

a business can be conducted  from anywhere if its online

people leave children all the time

it also means,

poeple leave husband seriously

house and property can be sold anytime

people can just leave a job anytime too..

so now im wondering what can be a strong ties in you opinion?

You don't sound rude at all, no apology needed.

The CO looks at the totality of what's on the application in front of them.  And while ties are important, the CO is going to take more than that into consideration. 

According to the OP:

-Mother lives in the US.

-Sister lives in the US.

-OP has 4 denials over the past 2-3 years.  That's a quick succession of attempts/denials.

-OP has had 4 tourist visa  applications saying 3-4 completely different things in regards to the employment tie over the past 2-3 years (and will now have a 5th saying something different).  The CO will compare past applications to this new one.

The OP has home ownership, which is a strong tie---but they also have all of the above working against them.

As I said before, all the OP can do is try and hope for the best.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

14 minutes ago, Going through said:

You don't sound rude at all, no apology needed.

The CO looks at the totality of what's on the application in front of them.  And while ties are important, the CO is going to take more than that into consideration. 

According to the OP:

-Mother lives in the US.

-Sister lives in the US.

-OP has 4 denials over the past 2-3 years.  That's a quick succession of attempts/denials.

-OP has had 4 tourist visa  applications saying 3-4 completely different things in regards to the employment tie over the past 2-3 years (and will now have a 5th saying something different).  The CO will compare past applications to this new one.

The OP has home ownership, which is a strong tie---but they also have all of the above working against them.

As I said before, all the OP can do is try and hope for the best.

Let me just correct something. All my 4 denials did not happen in 2-3 years consecutively. I cannot remember my first aymore because it was long ago. But my second try was 2011. Then 2013. Fourth was 2015. Now after 4 years i am trying again. 

1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

It is because too many people in the past that had visitor visas abused by not returning home. Unfortunately, the Philippines has a high number of B1/2 denials but also, the PHL has some of the hisghest visitor visa applicants.

I don't know a huge amount about your country, but I do know that it is common practice for Filipinos to leave and work in other countries. I think they are called OFW. Because it is difficult for many Filipinos to come and stay in the US permanently, many use a visitor visa instead. It has nothing to do with you personally, it is just more difficult for countries like yours that had a history of visa abusers.

Curious, did your sister apply for your mother? Did your mother have a tourist visa before?

No, my sister did not petition my mother. It is my uncle ( my mom’s brother) who petitioned her.  Yes she did have a tourist visa before her petition for immigrant visa was granted

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, rlhull said:

As a Vietnamese person, I am going to say they want people going through the US Consulate in HCMC to not lie.  How many people lie for visitor visas and come to stay in the US?  Come on.  So common in Orange County.  Instead of blaming the US Government, look at how our people abuse the immigration system by lying for visitor visas.  

43 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

The way you are presenting yourself makes you look desperate to come to the US.

Apply by myself or with entire family to go 1) niece's funeral, 2) bring mom home, and 3) graduation trip for son.  It's like a shotgun.  You trying to hit everything and anything so you can get a visitor visa.  Americans sees this very differently than Asians.  Where Asians sees covering all bases, Americans sees desperation.  

Apply with the real purpose of your travel. Attend niece's funeral and take mom home.  Apply for whoever intends to go because they want to come rather than try to stage applying by yourself or with your family.  By trying too hard, you come off as desperate to come to the US which is never good for a visitor visa interview.  

Best of luck

Yes i may come off desperate ( yes i am). But I narrated all our situation ( they are all true) for everyone here to understand my predicament. Things have been happening all at the same time. Here is the chronological sequence of whats happening:

1) December:  my son requested that for his graduation and 18th bday ( all happening this April 2019) that we go to Universal Studios in holywood. We said yes but we’d apply maybe May or June and plan to go by August. 

2) Last week of February: my mom was diagnosed  of cancer, stage 4

3) April 6, my 22 year old niece a resident in Stockton ( with her mom and 2 siblings. And also my mom) but working in LA and a US citizen, died. 

Now, after all these series of not so good events. I have been confused and desperate to get a visa. This is the very reason why i am seeking all your help. To help me decide which of the above would somehow make the consul grant us a visa. Yes desperate but not because i want to work or live there. Desperate, given the circumstance my family is in right now. 

Edited by SINDY33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Apply and be honest and hope for the best.  That is all you can do.  Sorry about the death of your niece and your Mom's illness.  It must be difficult to be so far away and not able to get a visa to go be with them, I hope you are approved.  Your biggest challenge to overcome, most likely the reasons for your previous denials, is that you have many family members in the US--mother, sister, uncle...  maybe others.  These are all strong ties to the US and they are on your visa application, nothing you can do about that but be honest, and unfortunately, those strong ties to the US are viewed as high immigrant intent.  It would be so easy for you to just stay with your Mom or sister and not leave.  It happens so often, that is the reason for your denials and it's not going to change with this visa application.  Give it a try and find out.  Good luck and sorry about your loss.

Timeline

@SINDY33 First, my condolences on your loss.

An Officer adjudicating your visa application will review it without giving you the benefit of the doubt.  They will start with the assumption that you will misuse the visa and stay in the US.  

From your post here, which I know is more a conscious stream of thought is a little all over the place (support for your sister, helping your mother, taking your son for a grad trip), which is probably why most of us think you would be unsuccessful.  Your ties to the US seem stronger than to your home country.  Even if you honestly just want to go to support your sister and accompany your mom, a US visa is not a right for anyone.  It’s tough. 

I hope you can make alternate arrangements - perhaps have your sister and mom come to you.  Your sister will have support during an unimaginable tragedy, and your mom will have someone to help her out on the long plane ride.  

Best of luck if you do apply again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.