Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, USA17 said:

Did you find it in the mailbox or you had to sign that you received it?

no signature needed,  I found in mailbox, see the attachment!

IMG_0130.JPG

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Envié said:

Congratulations 

I’ve filed May 2018 divorce waiver too , got transfer letter from CSC to NBC Sep 2019 , got stamp recently & officer told me my case already at local office Denver CO , so now waiting for an interview to be scheduled !!

thanks!!

I hope you get the interview date soon  as well!!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, gregcrs2 said:

Don't have a google account but if you can populate your spreadsheet here is the info:

VJ Member:  gregcrs2

I-751 mailed:  12/29/2018

Recv’d USCIS:  12/31/2018

Check Cashed:  01/03/2019

NOA 1 Dated:  01/30/2019

NOA1 Received:  02/04/2019

Biometrics Received:  01/11/2019

18 Month Extension Letter:  Yes

Biometric Appointment:  01/22/2019  (but did a walk-in on 01/14/2019)

So it takes months to receive your extension letter? I’m sending my application this November but I need my extension letter at work before December 6. Still saving money 😭😭😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Arnel villarreal said:

So it takes months to receive your extension letter? I’m sending my application this November but I need my extension letter at work before December 6. Still saving money 😭😭😭

No, extension letter is received on NOA1 which is usually one month or less after filing. 

Any news from comrades with MSC / Local office Minneapolis - St Paul? 

Been on ready for interview since July 24th, that was after I send an e-request that I've heard nothing about Biometrics. They responded to my e-request that Biometrics were waived and a couple days later ready for interview... Filed May 13th. 

I was abroad and got back recently, used the extension letter both in my layover boarding and entering here with no issues. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, 684117 said:

Been on ready for interview since July 24th, that was after I send an e-request that I've heard nothing about Biometrics. They responded to my e-request that Biometrics were waived and a couple days later ready for interview... Filed May 13th. 

I was abroad and got back recently, used the extension letter both in my layover boarding and entering here with no issues. 

I've heard Minneapolis has the slowest/most backlogged USCIS field office in the country. :( 

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

On 10/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, heyusa said:

Got my interview notice today. Scheduled on December 3rd in Santa Clara, CA. Filed on June 27th.

How long did it take to get an interview date from the status saying that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview?

Edited by Annita

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 6:20 PM, 684117 said:

my local office is also minneapolis and i was interview will be schedualed since june and there is no movement at all on my MSC Case so i hope we will hear something before the end of this year if not january 

On 10/26/2019 at 6:20 PM, 684117 said:

My husband also has a local office of Minneapolis. Got his biometrics done within a couple months of us filing in March. Now we’ve been sitting at ‘ready to schedule an interview’ since August. But as someone else mentioned, we are at the slowest office 😭 

We had our interview today and the the I-751 was approved (Holtsville, NY)   😊     The I-751 process took only a little more than 6 months.   The interview lasted  about 5 minutes and the interviewer was very friendly.   We had submitted a lot of proof of our relationship with the petition. I saw in his folder that he hard copies of all of our documentation.     The only further documentation he asked for was whether we brought any photographs with us to the interview, which we did.  He kept two photos, each were photos of us with some of our friends.    His questioning of my wife was pretty much limited to whether she had used another first name or whether she was ever stopped by police here for a traffic incident here or in another state which she said no.   Then he said someone with a similar name and date of birth was involved with  a police incident in another state and he was confirming it was not her.    He asked me my wife's date of birth, how long we are  living at our current address, where I was born and our favorite place to travel.  Right after that he said we are approved and that the permanent residence card would arrive in about 20 days.

Lifting of Conditions Filing date 4/22/19
Lifting of Conditions NOA Date 4/25/19
Lifting of conditions Biometrics Appt Date 5/23/19
Lifting of conditions Interview Date    10/31/19
Lifting of conditions Approval 10/31/19    

4 hours ago, MLK2016 said:

We had our interview today and the the I-751 was approved (Holtsville, NY)   😊     The I-751 process took only a little more than 6 months.   The interview lasted  about 5 minutes and the interviewer was very friendly.   We had submitted a lot of proof of our relationship with the petition. I saw in his folder that he hard copies of all of our documentation.     The only further documentation he asked for was whether we brought any photographs with us to the interview, which we did.  He kept two photos, each were photos of us with some of our friends.    His questioning of my wife was pretty much limited to whether she had used another first name or whether she was ever stopped by police here for a traffic incident here or in another state which she said no.   Then he said someone with a similar name and date of birth was involved with  a police incident in another state and he was confirming it was not her.    He asked me my wife's date of birth, how long we are  living at our current address, where I was born and our favorite place to travel.  Right after that he said we are approved and that the permanent residence card would arrive in about 20 days.

Lifting of Conditions Filing date 4/22/19
Lifting of Conditions NOA Date 4/25/19
Lifting of conditions Biometrics Appt Date 5/23/19
Lifting of conditions Interview Date    10/31/19
Lifting of conditions Approval 10/31/19    

Congrats, may I ask what is your local office conducted the interview, thank you.

1 hour ago, cammi9988 said:

Congrats, may I ask what is your local office conducted the interview, thank you.

Holtsville, New York

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/21/2019 at 3:07 AM, Fares12 said:

Hey Guys, 

I am also a new member to this forum, I submitted I751 in June 2, did my finger print in June 28 and today I was checking the case status and it showed as below

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of October 2, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSC199XXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

so its October 21 today and we didn't receive any notice for interview by mail yet. do you think it might take longer than a month to receive the interview notice and generally what would be the required documents that we should take with us to the interview. 

I am actually surprised that they asked for interview as we submitted a lot of bonafide documents including our baby's birth certificate. 

My spouses case is ready for interview since may 2019. It depends on your local office and how busy they are

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mark1980 said:

Is thats normal process  for my application? 

And what  i should expect next? 

And is it possible to waive my interview or im gonna Definitely interview? 

I sent my i751 at april 7, 2019 waiver .

20191102_193615.jpg

Normal process. 

Wait until your status online changes to “We have scheduled an interview” then watch for the interview notice on your mail showing your interview date. The time for you to get an interview depends on how backed up your local office is. 

You cant waive it. The USCIS needs to interview you, therefore you can’t tell them not to do it. 

Pretty much 90-99% of ROC cases are being interviewed nowadays. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.