Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/21/2022 at 4:17 PM, BobKat said:

Finally holding my card in my hand. Bliss. 
Came straight to my mailbox.. less than a week after my interview.. 

All in all, this took 22 months. So glad this is finally over..

Congratulations

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

4 hours ago, TZM said:

Hi Y'all,

I randomly keep checking the case status and on May 16th, I was totally surprised to see the status change to "New card is issued". I was not expecting that. I was so sure I will get an RFE or at least the interview, as most MSC cases do. You can look at my timeline to see how long it all took me, just about 10 months. I received my card on May 23rd. I am sharing this so you don't feel hopeless with waiting. Hit me up if you have any questions and good luck to you all. 

Congratulations 🍾

did your status changed to ready for the interview before you get the new card is issued. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, TZM said:

Hi Y'all,

I randomly keep checking the case status and on May 16th, I was totally surprised to see the status change to "New card is issued". I was not expecting that. I was so sure I will get an RFE or at least the interview, as most MSC cases do. You can look at my timeline to see how long it all took me, just about 10 months. I received my card on May 23rd. I am sharing this so you don't feel hopeless with waiting. Hit me up if you have any questions and good luck to you all. 

So it seems your I-751 removal of condition interview was waived. Is this a sign that the new USCIS policy to waive interviews has started? Hopefully.

15 hours ago, Ma08716 said:

Congratulations 🍾

did your status changed to ready for the interview before you get the new card is issued. 

Thank you! I don't think so, because it never got updated after i did my biometrics. It was always stuck at "we received your application on XX Date". After that it changed to "New card is being processed"

Hi everyone! 
My husband and I submitted our I-751 in September 2020. I got an 18 month extension letter soon after that. Last July I had my biometrics taken and my status changed to “ready to schedule an interview “ on September 2021. In January 2022, I received my 24 month extension letter which expires this October. 

Is anyone in a similar situation? I see some MSC—— cases are moving much faster than mine. I’m scared of losing my job because of not having a renewed green card by this October. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, KaAron said:

Hi everyone! 
My husband and I submitted our I-751 in September 2020. I got an 18 month extension letter soon after that. Last July I had my biometrics taken and my status changed to “ready to schedule an interview “ on September 2021. In January 2022, I received my 24 month extension letter which expires this October. 

Is anyone in a similar situation? I see some MSC—— cases are moving much faster than mine. I’m scared of losing my job because of not having a renewed green card by this October. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

You said you receive 24 months extension letter, that was issued January 2022, I believe the 24 months starts from when you receive that.

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

2 minutes ago, obanla said:

You said you receive 24 months extension letter, that was issued January 2022, I believe the 24 months starts from when you receive that.

Unfortunately it doesn’t. The letter says the extension is from the Green card expiration date, which was October 2020. 
We are really worried as time flies by and we hear nothing back from USCIS. 

1 hour ago, KaAron said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t. The letter says the extension is from the Green card expiration date, which was October 2020. 
We are really worried as time flies by and we hear nothing back from USCIS. 

When that 24 month extension expires in October, you need an I-551 stamp in your passport. 30 days before your expiration date (or more?) you need to try to make an appointment with your field office (or service center) for that stamp, which is valid for 6 months to a year, basically replacing your green card and extensions for the time being. 

however, you won’t lose your job. You are in your employers system and only need to show GC status when you change jobs. For this, the stamp and extension letters etc should suffice.

depending on your field office, times for ROC are currently 22-36 months wait. I hollered for my congressperson and they sorted the chaos on my behalf. 

Edited by BobKat

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

On 5/27/2022 at 8:55 PM, obanla said:

Aren't you qualified for n400 by now? usually people get their i751 cases moved along w n400 from what i read, unless you dont want to become a citizen otherwise, I would call their service line to clarify with them bc they extended 18months the first time then another 24months but you said both letters only reflected extension from Oct 2020, in this case you could remind them politely your case is x months left to outside normal processing time, they normally would tell you to wait as there is still a few months but I think they will start review your case once you reminded them.

In the meantime, you could ask to set an appointment for I551 stamp for 1 year extension, if they say its too early to do that then ask to have your extension reflect to 42months [18+24 months, tell them you received the letters twice].

I agree w others that you wont lose your job just bc your gc is expired, in fact if it does happen, you can tell them you will risk losing your job in x month bc your case is still not yet being reviewed, then they will have to respond by giving you I551 extension or review your case.

However, as far as i understand this would not happen bc even if you change jobs when your i751 is not yet processed, you just need to show your new employer your SSN card + driver license to meet requirements on I-9 employment verification - thats it, nothing to do w your expired gc.

This happened to me after 3 months in the US, they had not sent me my gc, I called a zillion times to f/u w them for 3 months, they kept telling me to wait as they changed the gc production time to 120 days [in the past it used to be within 90 days and most people get it in 2-3 weeks w their SSN, in my case, I had nothing sent to me and had to f/u many many many many times ] upon entry during covid time, until the last time I said its less than 1 month of the production window, the agent over the phone still told me to wait bc there is still a few weeks left per gc production window, about 3 weeks later I got my card. So I guess on the surface, they would say they cant do anything, but on the back, for sure they are looking at your case - thats my guess.

This is not a professional advice though, look at your application details, do what is appropriate for you.

We filed in August 2020, transferred to national in November 2020, no news since

incredibly frustrating

filed for N400 in July 2021, nothing there either except actively being reviewed as of August 

filed a FOIA request on April 26, they've received the files but it says expected to be produced to us June 10th 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, brentjbeaver said:

FOIA

This should help somewhat as it's helped several others. Good luck!

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

5 hours ago, brentjbeaver said:

We filed in August 2020, transferred to national in November 2020, no news since

incredibly frustrating

filed for N400 in July 2021, nothing there either except actively being reviewed as of August 

filed a FOIA request on April 26, they've received the files but it says expected to be produced to us June 10th 

I would see if they would respond by June 10 since they were about to share a specific date if not, I would call their hotline to ask for an update bc 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:55 PM, obanla said:

No that is not correct. It is 24 months from the expiration date listed on the GC. Her extension expires 24 months from that date. 

You will remain a lawful resident until you have the interview and pass. I have been waiting myself for an interview since August 2021. I filed September 2020. 

If you need to travel out of the country you can get an i551 stamp by scheduling an InfoPass appointment at your local field office 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.