Nyro33

April 2019 I-130 Filers

348 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
12 minutes ago, CSTSLP said:

Thanks...I've been traveling back and forth to Morocco for the last year and really am getting tired of being separated from my husband.  I leave in 2 weeks to travel back to the States and then it will be another 3 months before I get to go to Morocco again.  Please don't get me wrong.  I know how fortunate I am to have a job and ability to travel back and forth.  It just get's very old on all sides of it.

I was really hoping the next time I come, that he would be able to travel back to the States with me...doesn't look like that will happen.  I guess on the brighter side, I will have tons of frequent flyer miles to use to go on vacation or use to fly to France...can't use them to Morocco.

I totally understand you. We are, for most of us here, exactly in the same case. The stress of being apart is hard. I guess they also use that waiting time to test us in a way. What I meant in my previous message is: don't torture yourself for now, just accept the fact that you have to wait, because there is really nothing you can do about it. So don't waste your energy on that. Keep it for December or January when we are closer to the estimated date 🤯🤯🤯

Take good care - have a sweet day. Alix :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

12 hours ago, CSTSLP said:

Thanks...I've been traveling back and forth to Morocco for the last year and really am getting tired of being separated from my husband.  I leave in 2 weeks to travel back to the States and then it will be another 3 months before I get to go to Morocco again.  Please don't get me wrong.  I know how fortunate I am to have a job and ability to travel back and forth.  It just get's very old on all sides of it.

I was really hoping the next time I come, that he would be able to travel back to the States with me...doesn't look like that will happen.  I guess on the brighter side, I will have tons of frequent flyer miles to use to go on vacation or use to fly to France...can't use them to Morocco.

February filer stuck in NSC here... I totally understand where you are coming from. My husband and I have been going back and forth the same way, and while I feel like the most ungrateful person in the world complaining when I’m so lucky to have a job that allows so much flexibility, I’m also just really overwhelmed and frustrated by this broken system. It’s a hard way to spend the first couple years of your life together. If it weren’t for you all in this forum going through it at the same time, I’d be a wreck. Hugs!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, snowdog said:

February filer stuck in NSC here... I totally understand where you are coming from. My husband and I have been going back and forth the same way, and while I feel like the most ungrateful person in the world complaining when I’m so lucky to have a job that allows so much flexibility, I’m also just really overwhelmed and frustrated by this broken system. It’s a hard way to spend the first couple years of your life together. If it weren’t for you all in this forum going through it at the same time, I’d be a wreck. Hugs!

I plan on trying the I129F route. I figure it can’t hurt and some people are getting approved faster.  My husband is a little more hesitant than me.  I think part of the hardest thing is that our apartment in Morocco is pretty bland. My husband doesn’t want to put any money into it because he sees it as temporary.  Me, I’m trying to cook with items I’m not familiar with or having to make everything from scratch.  I’m used to cooking with a regular oven, not a toaster oven.  It’s hard.  Then there’s my family and animals all back home.

I believe if a marriage can make it through this unnecessary stress, it will make it.  I just don’t feel like it’s the US Government’s job to determine if my marriage will work or not.  I heard a YouTube video today that stated that the Immigration offices believe that there is a high degree of marriage fraud for green cards.  Maybe that used to be the case but I don’t think so any longer.  I would hazard to guess that the divorce rate isn’t any higher than the national average.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 6/24/2019 at 3:34 PM, Peacenogreed said:

Any recent Approvals from Potomac Service Center?

I think they are working on september through December cases. At least that is what I see in the forum.

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

Timeline
On 6/24/2019 at 9:34 AM, Peacenogreed said:

Any recent Approvals from Potomac Service Center?

3 hours ago, AlenaNick said:

I think they are working on september through December cases. At least that is what I see in the forum.

I believe they are actually on late March/early April now according to Igor's List:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=6&option=3&sortby=2

Timeline
18 hours ago, Nyro33 said:

I believe they are actually on late March/early April now according to Igor's List:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=6&option=3&sortby=2

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ according to USCIS they work on October cases.  I have seen some Nov, December cases being approved. Potomoc is still one of the fastest so very few january, february, march are approved. Plus they just sent cases from slower service centers to faster ones. ore less busy ones.

Edited by AlenaNick

I-130

4/18/2019  NOA1

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/15/20 POE

02/15/20 Move to the US

01/2022 I751 sent

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

3 hours ago, AlenaNick said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ according to USCIS they work on October cases.  I have seen some Nov, December cases being approved. Potomoc is still one of the fastest so very few january, february, march are approved. Plus they just sent cases from slower service centers to faster ones. ore less busy ones.

21 hours ago, Nyro33 said:

It's weird there is such a big difference between NOA2's update on Visajourney (cf Nyro33's link) and the actual USCIS info on processing time. In any case, Potomak is super fast compare to Texas... my god!

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline

86 days of waiting game. Probably 300 more to come until I have my visa.  😢 

I wish I had this efiling thing. People are done within 3 months 😮

I-130

4/18/2019  NOA1

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/15/20 POE

02/15/20 Move to the US

01/2022 I751 sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
14 hours ago, AlenaNick said:

86 days of waiting game. Probably 300 more to come until I have my visa.  😢 

I wish I had this efiling thing. People are done within 3 months 😮

Same! I was so damn salty when I found out about those lol

I'm also wondering how much they'll upset the average dates with the timelines since they will skew the averages to be mush sooner than usual.

What is this e-file thing? Never heard of it. Is it something new? I am on the same boat. It is 91 days and still counting. I am doing everything that I could to speed up the process. I even contacted the representative and I don’t think it will help much unless there is a real emergency.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SamKC said:

Also wondering if anyone is planning on submitting i-129F on top of 1-130. I feel like it is good to wait rather than futher complicate the processs. Any opinon?

I noticed that there is a discussion about that approach in the Nebraska Filers thread.

Since you were assigned the Potomac service center and are estimated to be approved soon, I wouldn't bother with that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.