DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just finished our interview in the New York office, it was easy breezy. Came in 20 minutes early (would have been even earlier but the subway system decided it would have a 15 minute delay on the J train). Handed over our paperwork and sat to wait. It was about an hour before we were called. Lots of lawyers, a few couples separated but we went in as a duo. 

The officer just went through my paperwork, asked for an offer letter from my new employer and went through our pack checking off the list. Just asked all the security questions and typed a little.. 20 mins in total and he approved our application. Didn’t ask my wife one question. She just sat there quietly. 

So all in all a great experience! Thanks Visa Journey and everyone who put in their experiences on this great forum for guiding us on this 2 year journey!

🇮🇪🇺🇸 🎉 

Edited by Crowlz
Spelling error

@Crowlz, congratulations! It seems you beat the typical NYC timeline—that’s great. Fellow British Isles immigrant here 🙋🏻‍♀️ And, like you, I’ve also been assigned and exceptionally slow FO (Seattle). Did you expedite by any chance or were you just lucky? We filed April 2nd but still waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, The Bloomies said:

@Crowlz, congratulations! It seems you beat the typical NYC timeline—that’s great. Fellow British Isles immigrant here 🙋🏻‍♀️ And, like you, I’ve also been assigned and exceptionally slow FO (Seattle). Did you expedite by any chance or were you just lucky? We filed April 2nd but still waiting. 

So we didn’t expedite anything, I think it’s an element of us moving to New York from DC and luck. We were 2 weeks in New York when we were notified. 

Sorry your application is dragging on, did you get your EAD? If it makes you feel any better I feel the guys in New York appreciated that they didn’t need to do any translating.

Chin up! It’ll happen soon! 

19 minutes ago, Crowlz said:

So we didn’t expedite anything, I think it’s an element of us moving to New York from DC and luck. We were 2 weeks in New York when we were notified. 

Sorry your application is dragging on, did you get your EAD? If it makes you feel any better I feel the guys in New York appreciated that they didn’t need to do any translating.

Chin up! It’ll happen soon! 

Ah, I see. I did joke with my husband that we should move to get the ball rolling. We had initially applied when he was stationed in California and, if we’d stayed with the San Bernardino office, we would’ve definitely been done by now. The Seattle office is struggling, I think. And, of course, they’ve had to close because of the corona outbreak here so it isn’t getting easier for them. 

Yes, I have my EAD which is great and so long as I can get home if I need to then I’m ok. It’s not that bad. I was just curious :) Ha! Well, that’s one good thing, I guess.

Thank you.

Edited by The Bloomies

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

So, I had my AOS interview scheduled for April 2nd in NYC. USCIS offices are closed to public until at least April 1st due to pandemic.

I just received an email from USCIS that my appointment has been cancelled, however there was something interesting in the email.

On the previous email I received when the interview was scheduled, there was this line: "Your Case Status: Testing and Interview"

On the latest email about cancellation, that line was changed to this: "Your Case Status: Decision". Also at the bottom of the email it says

"During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. "

Did they just make a decision without an interview? Anyone else got a similar email?

6 hours ago, EA_ said:

So, I had my AOS interview scheduled for April 2nd in NYC. USCIS offices are closed to public until at least April 1st due to pandemic.

I just received an email from USCIS that my appointment has been cancelled, however there was something interesting in the email.

On the previous email I received when the interview was scheduled, there was this line: "Your Case Status: Testing and Interview"

On the latest email about cancellation, that line was changed to this: "Your Case Status: Decision". Also at the bottom of the email it says

Did they just make a decision without an interview? Anyone else got a similar email?

That's really an interesting turn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, EA_ said:

We are scheduled for April 8th. No email yet. I hope you're right about approvals. With the situation in NYC its going to be looooong before things start to go back to normal. I'm sure USCIS can't afford to put so many cases on hold because even under normal circumstances they are backlogged and complain of being understaffed. Did you try calling USCIS helpine and speaking to Tier 2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
20 hours ago, EA_ said:

I did!

My interview was scheduled on March 25th in Newark, NJ. 

I received the above email first, then next day I received a call from Newark explaining they have cancelled all in-person meetings till Apr 1st and they will reschedule the interview.

Then I received another email :

"Good Morning,

We are contacting you to inform you that your interview for 03/25/2020 at the USCIS Newark Field Office will be rescheduled.

Due to the COVID-19, we are taking precautions and appropriate measures for your health and wellness. You will receive another appointment  letter in the mail for a different  date.

Thank you for your time and patience."

On March 19th, the case status was changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview".

On 3/26/2020 at 11:15 AM, s11 said:

I did!

My interview was scheduled on March 25th in Newark, NJ. 

I received the above email first, then next day I received a call from Newark explaining they have cancelled all in-person meetings till Apr 1st and they will reschedule the interview.

Then I received another email :

"Good Morning,

We are contacting you to inform you that your interview for 03/25/2020 at the USCIS Newark Field Office will be rescheduled.

Due to the COVID-19, we are taking precautions and appropriate measures for your health and wellness. You will receive another appointment  letter in the mail for a different  date.

Thank you for your time and patience."

On March 19th, the case status was changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview".

Hello,

Please how long did you wait till they scheduled the interview after you received the initial "Case Ready to be scheduled for interview" notice??

My local office is Newark too.

And my status has been so since September, 5, 2019.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
5 hours ago, DISCERNING said:

Hello,

Please how long did you wait till they scheduled the interview after you received the initial "Case Ready to be scheduled for interview" notice??

My local office is Newark too.

And my status has been so since September, 5, 2019.

almost 10 months after I applied for AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/25/2020 at 2:14 PM, EA_ said:

Hi! What is your case status on USCIS online case status?

On 3/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, EA_ said:

That's  exactly  what they did in my case. I got that same notification. My interview was scheduled for April 17, 2020 but it was canceled. Then all of a sudden the status changed from ready to schedule a interview (2nd time) to New Card Is Being Produced. Then a couple hours after that it changed to Case Approved!!!!!!

So yes  I think we will see more interviews  waived.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 3/25/2020 at 2:14 PM, EA_ said:

I got those e-mails too, but in reverse order... April 1st it was Decision and April 2nd it was Testing and Interview.

On my USCIS account my status went back to “Ready to schedule”.

@Sarge2155 Did you receive the e-mails in the exact same order as @EA_?

All the free time I have with the pandemic is not helping with me overthinking and over analyzing the situation 😭

Edited by stephbd

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/31/2020 at 7:03 PM, Maham10 said:

Hi! What is your case status on USCIS online case status?

So, after waiting over a week, today it went back to Ready to schedule again... :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.