ArmyVet

Texas Service Center (SRC) I-130 Filers

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, YasArr said:

If you get approval within this week, than it will take 15 days approximately to receive by NVC. After that, NVC time is 2 months at Max. Than they send to Consulate there it takes almost a month including interview letter. Than you go for interview and within a week get US Visa. So all around 3 months after approval. So in your case you will be in US before Christmas. I pray that. Don't worry, just be patient and trust God. You will be with your wife soon. 

Thank you so much for your sweet and hopeful response. My partner and I appreciate it. Wish you the best of luck too! 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, ljujas2019 said:

Are there any December 2018 filers here (with Texas Service Center) who are still waiting for their approval? I am getting so impatient over here, waiting to be reunited with my wife in the US. If anyone here has recently been approved within the last six months or year, how long time did it take for you to go through the NVC process all the way until the interview? It would be particularly helpful to hear from those of you who are or were waiting abroad/ whose beneficiaries are/were abroad during the I-130 process. 

I am hoping for some good news right now, checking my status every morning. Basically, I am trying to get an idea of what the coming months will look like and how long I will have to wait before being able to go back to my partner in the US. Let's say that I get my NOA-2/ approval letter within a week or two, do you think I will have to wait until December or even long after to reach the final stage of attending the interview? 😞 I would be so happy if I could spend christmas with my wife this year...

Anyone in a similar situation?

Thank you and good luck to the rest of you! 

Texas is working mostly on November - January filers right now so you should hear very soon! USCIS will send your case to NVC usually within 2-3 weeks. Once NVC has received it, it will take about a month to get a case number (current case file creation times can be found here). Then you have to pay fees which take about a week to process, and then fill out the DS-260 and upload your docs. If everything is good with your docs the first time, you will get case complete after approximately 3-4 weeks (actual times can be found here) but if you have to re-upload anything then that adds another 3-4 weeks. Then your interview will be scheduled. So it's about 3 months at NVC if all your documents are good on the first go and another 1-2 months for your interview (your timeline says you are in Sweden and I don't believe they have a backlog there). If you are approved soon and you don't get delayed at any stage, there is a chance you could be in the US by Christmas.  

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

49 minutes ago, DGF said:

Texas is working mostly on November - January filers right now so you should hear very soon! USCIS will send your case to NVC usually within 2-3 weeks. Once NVC has received it, it will take about a month to get a case number (current case file creation times can be found here). Then you have to pay fees which take about a week to process, and then fill out the DS-260 and upload your docs. If everything is good with your docs the first time, you will get case complete after approximately 3-4 weeks (actual times can be found here) but if you have to re-upload anything then that adds another 3-4 weeks. Then your interview will be scheduled. So it's about 3 months at NVC if all your documents are good on the first go and another 1-2 months for your interview (your timeline says you are in Sweden and I don't believe they have a backlog there). If you are approved soon and you don't get delayed at any stage, there is a chance you could be in the US by Christmas.  

What about backlog in India?? How could I know that??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, YasArr said:

The best way to find out information about a specific country is to look at timelines for cases from that country, the more recent the better since things change so quickly. There's also a monthly thread each month with people who have case complete and are waiting for their interviews, and likely India specific threads in the regional forum. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/3/2019 at 12:20 PM, YasArr said:

16 hours ago, DGF said:

The best way to find out information about a specific country is to look at timelines for cases from that country, the more recent the better since things change so quickly. There's also a monthly thread each month with people who have case complete and are waiting for their interviews, and likely India specific threads in the regional forum. 

Agreed. Look for threads or people who are waiting in your country as well.

In my case I know interviews take around 8 to 10 months to be assigned after Case Complete, it's insane!! I found out through facebook groups. However I'm glad I get to have an estimate and I prefer to be informed and realistic.

Right now they are sending interview dates for people with CC October 2018, so it really varies by country... we ought to keep as informed as possible 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Come on Texas Service Center :( Still waiting eagerly for NOA-2 or approval and hoping that I will hear something this week. I got a notification from visajourney in my e-mail today saying that my approval was past due, but seems like it will take more time... Are visajourney estimations quite accurate in general?

Good luck from a December 2018 I-130 filer

Timeline
3 hours ago, ljujas2019 said:

Come on Texas Service Center :( Still waiting eagerly for NOA-2 or approval and hoping that I will hear something this week. I got a notification from visajourney in my e-mail today saying that my approval was past due, but seems like it will take more time... Are visajourney estimations quite accurate in general?

Good luck from a December 2018 I-130 filer

Your approval should be coming up soon, Texas has already been approving Jan 2019 and I saw like 1 or 2 approvals from feb 1st and Rfes for feb as well (on case tracker) hang in there !!

1 hour ago, Juliet57 said:

Your approval should be coming up soon, Texas has already been approving Jan 2019 and I saw like 1 or 2 approvals from feb 1st and Rfes for feb as well (on case tracker) hang in there !!

Hi! What case tracker is good to download? Thanks

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Tsh said:

Hi! What case tracker is good to download? Thanks

Hi :) I'm literally using CaseTracker hehe. It took a while to find the cases for late January because you can only search 500 records at once.

1 minute ago, Juliet57 said:

Hi :) I'm literally using CaseTracker hehe. It took a while to find the cases for late January because you can only search 500 records at once.

I downloaded it before but deleted it. Now, I couldn't find the app to download anymore. 😢 

Timeline
On 8/12/2019 at 10:31 AM, Tsh said:

I downloaded it before but deleted it. Now, I couldn't find the app to download anymore. 😢 

Posted to your profile 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/12/2019 at 8:23 AM, Juliet57 said:

Looks like u got approved a day after this post 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.