SJordanS

K1 Older Woman - Jordan Consulate

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone from the middle east has had an issue where the woman is older than the man and how their interview went for K1. I know there is much scrutiny over this. I am specifically looking for people in the middle east (i.e. Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, UAE, etc) to comment on their experience with the CO at their respective embassies.  Anyone is free to comment of course. I am 12 years older than my fiance. Not that we or our families care. I am Jordanian-American, he is Jordanian, we are both Christian, very much in love and I will be providing tons of evidence including notarized letters regarding our relationship from his aunts, uncles, my family who all live here. Would surely appreciate feedback from anyone from the arab countries on interviews on this matter. Thanks all! 

Edited by millefleur
Edited for typo

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone from the middle east has had an issue where the woman is younger than the man and how their interview went for K1. I know there is much scrutiny over this. I am specifically looking for people in the middle east (i.e. Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, UAE, etc) to comment on their experience with the CO at their respective embassies.  Anyone is free to comment of course. I am 12 years older than my fiance. Not that we or our families care. I am Jordanian-American, he is Jordanian, we are both Christian, very much in love and I will be providing tons of evidence including notarized letters regarding our relationship from his aunts, uncles, my family who all live here. Would surely appreciate feedback from anyone from the arab countries on interviews on this matter. Thanks all! 

Can you edit your first sentence. You said "I am wondering if anyone from the middle east has had an issue where the woman is younger than the man and how their interview went for K1".

K1's out the MENA's no matter the age is no easy thing.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

**Thread moved to Regional Forum. Question is Country specific and more people from Jordan will be able to see and contribute**

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not sure we can help, I have seen a few cases over the years where the woman is younger but seems pretty unusual.

I am not sure the number would be statistically significant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
16 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Can you edit your first sentence. You said "I am wondering if anyone from the middle east has had an issue where the woman is younger than the man and how their interview went for K1".

K1's out the MENA's no matter the age is no easy thing.

I tried but it wont let me edit.

23 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone from the middle east has had an issue where the woman is older than the man and how their interview went for K1. I know there is much scrutiny over this. I am specifically looking for people in the middle east (i.e. Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, UAE, etc) to comment on their experience with the CO at their respective embassies.  Anyone is free to comment of course. I am 12 years older than my fiance. Not that we or our families care. I am Jordanian-American, he is Jordanian, we are both Christian, very much in love and I will be providing tons of evidence including notarized letters regarding our relationship from his aunts, uncles, my family who all live here. Would surely appreciate feedback from anyone from the arab countries on interviews on this matter. Thanks all! 

Edited by SJordanS

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
23 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone from the middle east has had an issue where the woman is younger than the man and how their interview went for K1. I know there is much scrutiny over this. I am specifically looking for people in the middle east (i.e. Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, UAE, etc) to comment on their experience with the CO at their respective embassies.  Anyone is free to comment of course. I am 12 years older than my fiance. Not that we or our families care. I am Jordanian-American, he is Jordanian, we are both Christian, very much in love and I will be providing tons of evidence including notarized letters regarding our relationship from his aunts, uncles, my family who all live here. Would surely appreciate feedback from anyone from the arab countries on interviews on this matter. Thanks all! 

sorry all! when the woman is OLDER*

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

sorry all! when the woman is OLDER*

**Mod note: I've corrected it for you. Do try to proofread before posting as there's only a limited amount of time to edit posts; we don't usually edit for typos.** :)

:ot2:

I'm 12 years older than my husband. We did not have any issues but we also front loaded big time because we also decided to get married after knowing each other only 1 month (yes, insane, I know!) and we were super worried we would be scrutinized. We had some scrutiny during the DCF phase (mildly tough "interview" when we filed the I-130 in person) but after that no issues. I know there are some other older women petitioners here on VJ, some possibly from MENA countries. It's rare but not unheard of.

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Ahh that is much more common and you will find many posters here who may be able to comment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Ahh that is much more common and you will find many posters here who may be able to comment.

Yes I figured I would find them along my journey here. Hoping I'll get some replies from the M.E. specifically. It is not uncommon anymore even for middle east but those people are not going through interviews like us....and Thanks! 😄 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline

Have a look for those going through Casablanca, now it is not identical but similar and you will find many with an age gap.

Timeline
On 3/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, millefleur said:

**Mod note: I've corrected it for you. Do try to proofread before posting as there's only a limited amount of time to edit posts; we don't usually edit for typos.** :)

:ot2:

I'm 12 years older than my husband. We did not have any issues but we also front loaded big time because we also decided to get married after knowing each other only 1 month (yes, insane, I know!) and we were super worried we would be scrutinized. We had some scrutiny during the DCF phase (mildly tough "interview" when we filed the I-130 in person) but after that no issues. I know there are some other older women petitioners here on VJ, some possibly from MENA countries. It's rare but not unheard of.

Thank you. I also got contacted by a few women directly who said the same. The good thing is that I’ve got plenty of evidence to prove our relationship so I feel a lot better. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Other Timeline

I dont have an answer just yet but I'll have feedback on the 5th of April. Our age gap is not too big (5 years; I'm 30 and hes 25) but I am older which is not common in the middle east and I feel may be a red flag. I've researched about it because its something that worries me also and I've read to just make sure you have a lot of proof of a bonafide relationship. We prepared a lot of pics and communication proof and tons of trip evidence so I hope that's enough for them at the interview.

Note: we are also both Christian but I'm not Lebanese. I just happen to be particularly fond of one 😝 lol

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
1 minute ago, celie&joseph said:

I dont have an answer just yet but I'll have feedback on the 5th of April. Our age gap is not too big (5 years; I'm 30 and hes 25) but I am older which is not common in the middle east and I feel may be a red flag. I've researched about it because its something that worries me also and I've read to just make sure you have a lot of proof of a bonafide relationship. We prepared a lot of pics and communication proof and tons of trip evidence so I hope that's enough for them at the interview.

Note: we are also both Christian but I'm not Lebanese. I just happen to be particularly fond of one 😝 lol

I just love your reply! 😁 so after I made the post I had contacted by so many women on the forum privately. You would be surprised how many women on this site are older than their fiancés. It’s not just a common thing here in the states anymore. They all got approved. They took tons of evidence as we all should. I have evidence I’m also going to be getting letters from all his aunts and uncle who all live here who I visit frequently. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Other Timeline
11 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

I just love your reply! 😁 so after I made the post I had contacted by so many women on the forum privately. You would be surprised how many women on this site are older than their fiancés. It’s not just a common thing here in the states anymore. They all got approved. They took tons of evidence as we all should. I have evidence I’m also going to be getting letters from all his aunts and uncle who all live here who I visit frequently. 

That's great news!! And that should be solid evidence! I've read that including interaction with each others families is a good way to show its bonafide. My fiance has no family in the US unfortunately but I communicate often with his family and friends online and have pictures etc with them. My favorite is a Christmas card his little cousins made for me full of drawings and scribbles lol I swear I dont think there is a single person that knows me face to face who hasnt painfully gone through the routine of me showing them this card Haha Its so cute... I love it!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.