1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Skeiamn said:

Do you think buying a house will be a challenge with the expired card and the extension letter? 

We just bought a house closing in November. I provided the extension letter and it was no problem.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 hours ago, simaysimon said:

We just bought a house closing in November. I provided the extension letter and it was no problem.

Thank you! 

I-485

[Day 01 ] October 4 - Status "Fingerprint fee received"

[Day 36 ] November 9 - Biometric Appointment

[Day 37 ] November 10 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 41 ] November 14 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 44 ] November 17 - Mailed off Response

[Day 47 ] November 21 - Status Changed to ''Response to USCIS request for evidence was received'

[Day 57 ] December 01 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 61 ] November 05 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 68 ] December 07 - Mailed off Response

I-765

[Day 1 ] October 4 - Status "Case was received"

[Day 1/57] December 01 - Form I-765 will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the requested evidence :cry:

[Day 58] December 7 - No updates :clock:

On 9/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, Skeiamn said:

Do you think buying a house will be a challenge with the expired card and the extension letter? 

We just closed on a house in June with an extension letter for my husband and had zero issues! We thought he might have problems so we scheduled an infopass to try to get him a stamp in his passport but they wouldn’t give it to him and the lady working said they cannot legally deny you a loan because of the extension letter. We told our loan officer right away and all he did was scan a copy of the letter and green card and everything worked out. Not sure if going through a credit union helped. 

Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 10:27 AM, mrath5 said:

We just closed on a house in June with an extension letter for my husband and had zero issues! We thought he might have problems so we scheduled an infopass to try to get him a stamp in his passport but they wouldn’t give it to him and the lady working said they cannot legally deny you a loan because of the extension letter. We told our loan officer right away and all he did was scan a copy of the letter and green card and everything worked out. Not sure if going through a credit union helped. 

Thanks. We just got preapproved, I am waiting for the loan officer to call me. I will see what happens, good to know they can’t legally deny us.

I-485

[Day 37 ] November 10 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 47 ] November 21 - Status Changed to ''Response to USCIS request for evidence was received'

[Day 57 ] December 01 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

I-765

[Day 1/57] December 01 - Form I-765 will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the requested evidence :cry:

Hello,

My husband and I applied for removal of conditions I-751 in March 2019, our interview is in 2 days.

We previously got scheduled for an interview in August, but then received a letter that it got cancelled and about 2 weeks later got another one scheduled.

Any tips for interview? What to expect? 

We are in Massachusetts.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Waffle123 said:

Hello,

My husband and I applied for removal of conditions I-751 in March 2019, our interview is in 2 days.

We previously got scheduled for an interview in August, but then received a letter that it got cancelled and about 2 weeks later got another one scheduled.

Any tips for interview? What to expect? 

We are in Massachusetts.

Thanks!

That’s super fast. Congrats. Where did you guys send the application. 

Only advice would be take all documents from March onwards to present and go normal. I think you guys should be fine. 

Hello,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. I am getting a little anxious about the  wait . I have not heard back since case transfer .

Should I put in a  Service request or give them a call? 

Time line: 

Current green card  expiration date  05/01/2019

Sent 03/11/2019 via UPS to USCIS
Attn: I-751
2501 S State Hwy 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Received date 03/12/2019

Notice date 03/18/2019

LIN#

Credit card charged  03/18/2019

Notice of transfer 05/31/2019

“ Transfer to Nebraska service center that office will notify you in writing when they make it incision on your case or if they need additional information.”

Nothing after that. 

On 9/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, vkbruh1114 said:

That’s super fast. Congrats. Where did you guys send the application. 

Only advice would be take all documents from March onwards to present and go normal. I think you guys should be fine. 

Thanks!

We are bringing everything we already sent and new statements, new bills, etc from March.

Will share how it goes!

We filed to Texas (we live in Massachusetts). Overall, this has been fast, except for the cancelled interview (it got cancelled a couple days prior to the scheduled date!).

Timeline
On 9/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Zgonzo said:

Hello,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. I am getting a little anxious about the  wait . I have not heard back since case transfer .

Time line: 

Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Received date 03/12/2019

Notice date 03/18/2019

LIN#

“ Transfer to Nebraska service center that office will notify you in writing when they make it incision on your case or if they need additional information.”

Nothing after that. 

Thanks for sharing and congrats!🎊 Did u first get a SRC# then once transferred they gave u a LIN#? Or did the TX office give u a LIN#?

I-485

I-765

16 hours ago, Waffle123 said:

Thanks!

We are bringing everything we already sent and new statements, new bills, etc from March.

Will share how it goes!

We filed to Texas (we live in Massachusetts). Overall, this has been fast, except for the cancelled interview (it got cancelled a couple days prior to the scheduled date!).

Went for the interview, everything went great! At the end the officer told us we got approved.

First my husband got called in and questioned, then I was brought in and we did the interview together. From what we saw, they did the same procedure to everyone - brought one person in, then the other.

The questions were standard: what we do, where we went on vacation, etc, but more in a conversation type way, than a typical question. There were no "weird" or "trick" questions.

The officer was friendly and nice and overall it was a pleasant experience.

My greencard got taken away and I got a stamp in my passport. Was told the new one will come within a month.

Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Waffle123 said:

Went for the interview, everything went great! At the end the officer told us we got approved.

First my husband got called in and questioned, then I was brought in and we did the interview together. From what we saw, they did the same procedure to everyone - brought one person in, then the other.

The questions were standard: what we do, where we went on vacation, etc, but more in a conversation type way, than a typical question. There were no "weird" or "trick" questions.

The officer was friendly and nice and overall it was a pleasant experience.

My greencard got taken away and I got a stamp in my passport. Was told the new one will come within a month.

Good luck everyone!

Wow, congratulations. Hope that the same will happen to me. May I ask where you had your interview? IS it the service center in Lowell?

5 hours ago, Vicent Ha said:

Wow, congratulations. Hope that the same will happen to me. May I ask where you had your interview? IS it the service center in Lowell?

It is in Lawrence. Nice waiting area, not a lot of people. The whole process took 20 minutes at most.

Just checked online, status is ‘New Card is being produced’

Edited by Waffle123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just now, Waffle123 said:

It is in Lawrence. Nice waiting area, not a lot of people. The whole process took 20 minutes at most.

Yeah Lawrence, I mistake it with Lowell. I had my AOS there. It's not a crowded center, and my IO interviewing me for the AOS was also very nice. 

Anyway congrats once again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/9/2019 at 11:53 AM, Zgonzo said:

Hello,

Time line: 

Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Received date 03/12/2019

Notice date 03/18/2019

LIN#

Nothing after that. 

as far as I know from this thread, everybody assigned to LIN (Lincoln, Nebraska) is in the same boat as you and me.

There's really nothing to do at this point except wait.

Estimated approval dates (from VJ) oscillate between May and June of 2020.

There's a spreadsheet mentioned upthread here where you can add your info and check other people's status at LIN.

As always, some people got lucky be getting assigned elsewhere with a much lower backlog and faster processing times.

-David

N-400

Spoiler

Apr 5, 2020 - submitted electronically
Dec 22, 2020 - Biometrics Reuse Notice issued
Dec 30, 2020 - Interview Scheduled Notice Jan 28, 2021

Jan 28, 202i - Interview and Oath Ceremony!

ROC

Spoiler

Mar 11, 2019 - 90 Day Window Opens

Mar 11, 2019 - i-751 mailed to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Mar 19, 2019 - NOA1 Text received, eff date Mar 18, case assigned to LIN

Mar 23, 2019 - NOA1 + 18 month extension letter received.

Sep 26, 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2019 - Status change to "Card is Being Produced"

AOS

Spoiler

Nov 13, 2016 - Married

Dec 21, 2016 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago

Jan 12, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Feb 07, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Honolulu

Apr 12, 2017 - EAD/AP approval notifications received (112 days)

May 05, 2017 - NOA2 for AOS interview received

Jun 09, 2017 - I-485 Interview - Status updated to "New Card Being Produced"

K-1

Spoiler

Feb 05, 2016 - Packet mailed to USCIS

Feb 11, 2016 - NOA1 received, assigned to CSC

Jun 02, 2016 - NOA2 case approved (received via app) - 112 days

July 19, 2016 - Interview - visa application approved!

Oct 29, 2016 - POE Honolulu

1 hour ago, DavidX said:

as far as I know from this thread, everybody assigned to LIN (Lincoln, Nebraska) is in the same boat as you and me.

There's really nothing to do at this point except wait.

Estimated approval dates (from VJ) oscillate between May and June of 2020.

There's a spreadsheet mentioned upthread here where you can add your info and check other people's status at LIN.

As always, some people got lucky be getting assigned elsewhere with a much lower backlog and faster processing times.

-David

Thanks for your reply David !!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.