dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2019

1,194 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
20 hours ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

You called NVC to confirm they received your case or they email you in advance?

20 hours ago, AM & GV said:

Hello everyone! 

had a question regarding tax filing.. we had our wedding in Sep-18, got i130 approved on 6 Feb 19, NVC received our case on 25th Feb.. still waiting for case number. however my husband (US citizen) forgot to get his martial status change/update in his W2 form, he is yet to submit 2018 tax return. I was hoping if any one of you had similar case or could guide us if there is a way we could still update the same? Many thanks in advance.. any help will be highly appreciated :)

20 hours ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

You called NVC to confirm they received your case or they email you in advance?

I called NVC

10 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Really?  

To file as head of household, you must:
  1. Pay for more than half of the householdexpenses.
  2. Be unmarried for the tax year, and.
  3. You must have a qualifying child or dependent.

Oh...I may have to do an amendment

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, M@K12 said:

requirement is only for recent year's transcript. 

previous 2 years transcripts are optional. 

its totally up to you. in form i-864  you have option if you want to submit 3 years transcripts.

It said u can send your income tax return if u include ur w-2 forms..  are we saying if it’s not a tax transcript it will be rejected ???  Cause I sent the 1040 and my w2 as it said on the instructions for I864    .... 

Edited by MysonHead
Messed up

Timeline

Not sure if u all can see this.  But it’s says tax returns WITH W 2 are accepted. 

“If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.”

A43F29EB-15BC-4F05-BA02-F087F33698F2.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
34 minutes ago, MysonHead said:

It said u can send your income tax return if u include ur w-2 forms..  are we saying if it’s not a tax transcript it will be rejected ???  Cause I sent the 1040 and my w2 as it said on the instructions for I864    .... 

my friend, they rejected my 1040 and w2s and all schedules etc. 

they asked for Return Transcript. 

Request one online or by mail. you'll needed. 

attach in additional documents. 

it will save your 2 weeks.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, M@K12 said:

my friend, they rejected my 1040 and w2s and all schedules etc. 

they asked for Return Transcript. 

Request one online or by mail. you'll needed. 

attach in additional documents. 

it will save your 2 weeks.

Oh well to late now.   I sent them a email.  So we will see 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys now im so confused what to do because many of you says to file tax as married filing seprately and some says single is okay.My husband file as a single ! what to do now because we are not in a nvc stage yet but we dont want to delay our case in next coming months .. So can anybody tell me and help me in this ? Does it will impact on our case if my husband filed single..?? if yes then what can he do now ?? Can he change status now ?? and whats that form of filing tax 1099 or 1040 and whats w2 or w7. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I submitted all of my documents on 3/23 but when I check the case status on the CEAC website it still says, “Action required: Submit requested documents.”

Is this normal? When I enter both case number and invoice number, I can see both fees as PAID and both financial and civil documents as SUBMITTED. 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

1 hour ago, @ab12 said:

Hey guys now im so confused what to do because many of you says to file tax as married filing seprately and some says single is okay.My husband file as a single ! what to do now because we are not in a nvc stage yet but we dont want to delay our case in next coming months .. So can anybody tell me and help me in this ? Does it will impact on our case if my husband filed single..?? if yes then what can he do now ?? Can he change status now ?? and whats that form of filing tax 1099 or 1040 and whats w2 or w7. 

You are fine if you have already filed. It is not going to affect anyway on immigration stage.dont listen to people who says you have to have filed as married file jointly or separately.  

Edited by Vj USerr

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Vj USerr said:

You are fine if you have already filed. It is not going to affect anyway on immigration stage.dont listen to people who says you have to have filed as married file jointly or separately.  

yeah but how it affects in future tax?? my friends husband i talked yesterday she is now in US , her husband is us citizen , i talked to her husband too , he said he filed single ,now his wife is here and now they change the status from single to married .

some people talked about that if you didnt filed married filing seprately you will have problem in future taxes .

OR

is there any rules change for tax filing for married couples ??

Edited by @ab12

12 minutes ago, @ab12 said:

yeah but how it affects in future tax?? my friends husband i talked yesterday she is now in US , her husband is us citizen , i talked to her husband too , he said he filed single ,now his wife is here and now they change the status from single to married .

some people talked about that if you didnt filed married filing seprately you will have problem in future taxes .

OR

is there any rules change for tax filing for married couples ??

There going to be no issue ,next year you both can file as married file jointly and believe me its not going to affect you in any way that you filed single this year. Like you said he filed single and got no problem,here are some people creating unnecessary comments that you have to file as married or you gonna lie to irs if you file single or  you going to have immigration or future issues but this is not true.As long as your spouse is non resident alien and you are not living with him or her for more than 6 months you are not obliged or mandatory to file as married.They can argue all they want but please dont create any headache for you if you have already filed and believe me filing as single provides more benefits to irs as you dont get that much tax benefits as compare to filing as married.

Edited by Vj USerr

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Vj USerr said:

There going to be no issue ,next year you both can file as married file jointly and believe me its not going to affect you in any way that you filed single this year. Like you said he filed single and got no problem,here are some people creating unnecessary comments that you have to file as married or you gonna lie to irs if you file single or  you going to have immigration or future issues but this is not true.As long as your spouse is non resident alien and you are not living with him or her for more than 6 months you are not obliged or mandatory to file as married.They can argue all they want but please dont create any headache for you if you have already filed and believe me filing as single provides more benefits to irs as you dont get that much tax benefits as compare to filing as married.

what do you mean not living more than six months with him , we were married in Jan 2018 .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.