Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, aprilfiler2018 said:

Hi John, I received the notice of card being produced on September 17th and on the 19th it was mailed. :)  I hope it arrives today or on Monday.

Awesome!!  Thank you

On 9/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, NearEthereal said:

Good luck to you too!!

I called and had chase do it then asked them to mail a confirmation 

How was your interview in Philly? Hope all went smooth for you. Interested to know what to expect there next week!

41 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

How was your interview in Philly? Hope all went smooth for you. Interested to know what to expect there next week!

It went well and was very easy; if you're legitimate, can explain yourself well and have all of your documentation I feel like you have nothing to worry about. If I'm honest, the interviewee we had spent as much time with us complaining about the end of Game of Thrones as he did asking us questions before he gave us his verbal approval ("I'm putting in my recommendation for approval".)

He looked at all of my documents and pictures, but didn't take any. He had all of our K-1 and AoS stuff there and I feel like he pretty much had his mind made up before we got there.

Edited by NearEthereal

6 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

It went well and was very easy; if you're legitimate, can explain yourself well and have all of your documentation I feel like you have nothing to worry about. If I'm honest, the interviewee we had spent as much time with us complaining about the end of Game of Thrones as he did asking us questions before he gave us his verbal approval ("I'm putting in my recommendation for approval".)

He looked at all of my documents and pictures, but didn't take any. He had all of our K-1 and AoS stuff there and I feel like he pretty much had his mind made up before we got there.

Thanks that’s helpful. Did he ask you both questions about meeting etc?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Shiran said:

I think there is a difference between just "state id" and "Real ID" Real id means it satisfies certain federal requirements, and I think starting since 2021 those will be required to board an airplane.

For CA IDs, the cut-off is October 2020. Though it's not that you need a "Real ID" compliant state ID (whether an ID card, a learner's permit, or a driver's license) to board a plane starting then, it's that non-Real ID compliant state IDs won't work; if you've got another acceptable ID with you (passport, Green Card, EAD or combo card, Global Entry card) you're fine.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

29 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Thanks that’s helpful. Did he ask you both questions about meeting etc?

Honestly, he asked us twice at two separate occasions the date of our wedding, asked us where we initially met (Explained that it was playing a game) and not too much else. He asked about the circumstances of a court 'thing' my husband had when he was very young (He hit a car in a car park and didn't notice he hit it and got dinged with Failure to stop and report because someone saw him tap the car), but said it shouldn't be any big deal. He seemed more interested in just letting us talk about the silly quirks of our relationship (The time we got chased by bulls out of a field near a castle, the funny stories we make up watching people in public, our dark sense of humor, etc)

Just now, Gigi2017 said:

Congratulations!!🎊🍾 I’m so happy for you!!

Thank you so much!! I am waiting to get updates from you now.. i know few more months but am sure it is going to be awesome!! I am happy you found a job and you doing pretty good.. we all are a family and we are going to stick here till everyone takes that oath and well who knows even after that !! Good luck to you and hoping to hear good news from you as well, pretty soon !! 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sylvia123 said:

Hey Guys, I’m so worried because I’m afraid my lawyer is not competent enough. She said that I don’t need to bring the entire petition to the interview. What do you guys say? What am I supposed to do?

The interview notice doesn't say you should bring it, however I know that many people still bring i-485 (I am going to do the same, just in case) :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sashsash said:

The interview notice doesn't say you should bring it, however I know that many people still bring i-485 (I am going to do the same, just in case) :)

The goal, for what ever you bring, is to not confuse yourself. They obviously have your signed I-485, and they with go through the questions there, specifically the disqualification questions "Are you now, or have you ever been member of Communist party?" and the likes. You need to know what is on your I-485, but I strongly suspect you will not have an opportunity to review it during the interview, or ever be asked about it. You will sign the original I-485 again most likely, to verify your answers to the questions there. 

Hey I check the app this morning and I saw this for the l-765 New card is being produced, I make a request on the phone September 9, and the statut change today, I don’t want be excited too early I don’t know what is mean exactly, did I will received my card for work?

also courage for people who are waiting, soon is your turn!

359B9619-1460-472E-9981-1C2FC48ECBE3.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.