Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Shiran said:

On a personal level what irritates me about the process is not even the wait itself, but lack of transparency.

Yup. You can see that reading newer monthly threads over in the I-129F forum; they're (on average) going through things much faster than we were, but the comments and worries are still the same (except for a few people who did their homework and so are surprised by how fast things are moving).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Yup. You can see that reading newer monthly threads over in the I-129F forum; they're (on average) going through things much faster than we were, but the comments and worries are still the same (except for a few people who did their homework and so are surprised by how fast things are moving).

I know. I started following your time line early on after joining the forums due to in part some very obvious similarities, and due to you were very active and knowledgeable without being jadedly smug as some "old timers" here. I was hoping for February approval so New Year surprise approval was a bit of a shock. It seems since then timelines got even shorter on 129F side of things. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Status still showing 'fingerprint review was completed' since April 15. 😔

On a brighter note, EAD/AP Visa Journey estimates keep drawing nearer.

And after passing my driving test, I can't wait to get my license in the mail in two weeks. At least, that will last till 2023.

Hopefully, there is a change in my case status before the next two weeks by God's grace.

2 hours ago, Bure said:

Status still showing 'fingerprint review was completed' since April 15. 😔

On a brighter note, EAD/AP Visa Journey estimates keep drawing nearer.

And after passing my driving test, I can't wait to get my license in the mail in two weeks. At least, that will last till 2023.

Hopefully, there is a change in my case status before the next two weeks by God's grace.

I rang my BMV office and they said I can only get a driving license once I get my green card so you’re so lucky!!!!

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sailormooon said:

I rang my BMV office and they said I can only get a driving license once I get my green card so you’re so lucky!!!!

https://bmv.ohio.gov/dl-non-renewable.aspx

EAD should be sufficient to get DL in Ohio. Whoever you spoke with might've not known, or didn't feel like going into finer points. 

33 minutes ago, Shiran said:

https://bmv.ohio.gov/dl-non-renewable.aspx

EAD should be sufficient to get DL in Ohio. Whoever you spoke with might've not known, or didn't feel like going into finer points. 

Ahhh, thank you!!! I just have to wait for my EAD 😂

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sailormooon said:

Ahhh, thank you!!! I just have to wait for my EAD 😂

You have your interview scheduled. Not sure if you still receive EAD :)

8 hours ago, paulsquare said:

Oh really!!!!! So basically I do have to wait for my green card for my driving license then haha

Edited by Sailormooon

8 hours ago, paulsquare said:

She will, interview doesn't mean she will get GC immediately, EAD is only annulled once you have GC in hand.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Sailormooon said:

Oh really!!!!! So basically I do have to wait for my green card for my driving license then haha

Yes! Let’s say you are approved on your interview gc will be in your mail in 5-7days.

29 minutes ago, aminkowz said:

She will, interview doesn't mean she will get GC immediately, EAD is only annulled once you have GC in hand.

It depends. If she is approved on the same day, she will have her gc in 5-7 days.

17 hours ago, Shiran said:

You know like when you go to DMV, they make you take a ticket? Even when you get number G-597, while they are processing G-17, it still somehow feels better to know than this process? 

I wish they did that! Or at least updated the case status when they're supposed to lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.