Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone...we are doing aos from k1.  We sent out aos package on 3-18-19.  Howeve, we didn’t include the paystub information. Did we blow it?  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hello729 said:

Hi everyone we are March aos fliers.  How do we subscribe to this thread?  Thanks!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, underneath the ‘Reply’ box you will see an option to follow this thread :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, araxoolie said:

Our package was mailed on the 12th, supposed to arrive on the 15th, and it's still "In Transit, Arriving Late"! And today is our 90-day mark, so I'm anxious that this will be counted as filing outside the 90 days even though we mailed it a week and a half ago. Does anyone know if that's how they count the filing date?

dont worry you have 90 day for married ,not for filing AOS 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I485 sent March 11, received March 13.

Credit card was charged March 19, yesterday I received my case number and fingerprint fee were accepted. I sent only my i485 because I have my i130 approved from February 2014 (F2A). My husband become a citizen recently! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hello729 said:

Hi everyone...we are doing aos from k1.  We sent out aos package on 3-18-19.  Howeve, we didn’t include the paystub information. Did we blow it?  

When you said you didn't include paystub, did you mean you didn't provide evidence for form I864? There's other evidence to proof that petitioner is able to support the beneficiary. If you have I864 filled up correctly and supplied appropriate evidence to convince the officer that the petitioner assets satisfy the guideline, then you might not need to include your paystub. The officer however might issue a RFE if they needed paystubs. I knew people that were scheduled for interview and all they have as financial evidence is their 3 years tax transcripts and W2s.

My timeline

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, and I-765 (USC spouse)

Previous status: F1 (expired 07/05/2019)

Local USCIS office: Des Moines IA

Service center: NBC

03/01/2019: FedEx delivery

03/01/2019: Priority/Received date

03/04/2019: Notice of action (receipts)

03/08/2019: Notice of action (Biometrics appointment)

03/08/2019: I-693 Courtesy letter

03/27/2019: Biometrics

04/02/2019: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/14/2018: EAD card produced

09/16/2019: Notice of action (Interview scheduled)

10/22/2019: Interview at Des Moines field office (Approved)

10/22/2019: Card is being produced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, araxoolie said:

That's a relief. What exactly is my wife's status in the meantime? Her I-94 is expired tomorrow and we don't have a NOA1 for the AOS yet.

That's a tough one. Some people on here might consider that out of status, but really she should be considered Pending Adjustment of Status.

Did you get an SSN for her yet?

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

3 hours ago, araxoolie said:

That's a relief. What exactly is my wife's status in the meantime? Her I-94 is expired tomorrow and we don't have a NOA1 for the AOS yet.

Hi, no need to worry. I've filed 2 months outside my I-94 expiry date. I was regarded as 'out of status'. it's no issue to file after the 90 days. The 90 days is just for marriage. 

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

I've received the 3 hard copies for NOA1 today dated March 14! Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the biometrics letter? Thanks 

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

That's a tough one. Some people on here might consider that out of status, but really she should be considered Pending Adjustment of Status.

We tried, but got the runaround until we were out of time. So now we're grappling with all the fun of trying to get anything done without an SSN until the EAD comes through.

40 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

No really, he/she should be fine. While is NOT encouraged to go 'out of status'. In her case, it will be fine.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sav&Har said:

No really, he/she should be fine. While is NOT encouraged to go 'out of status'. In her case, it will be fine.

Yup I agree. Not having the SSN is probably the bigger hassle, since now is the time to really be preparing your evidence such of bona fide marriage for the eventual interview such as setting up joint accounts, joint lease, etc.....which is impossible to do without the SSN. 

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

40 minutes ago, Sailormooon said:

I've received the 3 hard copies for NOA1 today dated March 14! Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the biometrics letter? Thanks 

My PD is March 6, they accepted the Biometric fee on March 11, I received the 3 NOA letter on March 13 but I haven't got the biometric appointment yet. Some of us get the appointment just a few days later after the NOA letter. I'm not like that. :(

Edited by Gigi2017

3 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

Yup I agree. Not having the SSN is probably the bigger hassle, since now is the time to really be preparing your evidence such of bona fide marriage for the eventual interview such as setting up joint accounts, joint lease, etc.....which is impossible to do without the SSN. 

The only thing, in my case, I regret not having a SSN now (before my i-94 expired) is because in this state, they let you apply for a Driver license with a SSN and merely the i-485 NOA1, and other documents that I already have available. But in some cases the SSN is probably not needed for some of those bona-fine marriage evidence. ie. The bank of my wife (US Citizen) allowed to add me on her account without a SSN. I think (not 100% sure) people who don't have SSN are able to file Tax returns (assuming filing married-jointly) too. 

Also, some SSA offices or staff, are not WELL aware they can issue a SSN (without authorization for work) for K1 holders with an unexpired i-94. And they probably say they are unable to unless you have Residence or EAD (which is what happened in my case) or some probably will keep you waiting in limbo for a long time. That really is not the Immigrant's fault, and USCIS should be aware of that.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sav&Har said:

The only thing, in my case, I regret not having a SSN now (before my i-94 expired) is because in this state, they let you apply for a Driver license with a SSN and merely the i-485 NOA1, and other documents that I already have available. But in some cases the SSN is probably not needed for some of those bona-fine marriage evidence. ie. The bank of my wife (US Citizen) allowed to add me on her account without a SSN. I think (not 100% sure) people who don't have SSN are able to file Tax returns (assuming filing married-jointly) too. 

Also, some SSA offices or staff, are not WELL aware they can issue a SSN (without authorization for work) for K1 holders with an unexpired i-94. And they probably say they are unable to unless you have Residence or EAD (which is what happened in my case) or some probably will keep you waiting in limbo for a long time. That really is not the Immigrant's fault, and USCIS should be aware of that.

Yup, even with the SSN it hasn't been easy. My bank won't let me add my husband to my account (or open a joint one) until he has a state ID. I was thinking of going for the state ID tomorrow but they might ask me for the NOA1, which I don't have yet (only have the texts so far). They wouldn't even notarize my affidavit of domestic partnership that I needed to be able to put him on my work insurance without a state ID, but thankfully the UPS store allowed us to (albeit for $12, grrrrrrr. The bank would have been free). 

But this is what we all signed up for, and it'll all be worth it once it's all taken care of!

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.