156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone, new Nov filler here. Does any one know if I can do walk-in biometric appointment in Nashville office?

I only saw records from 2016 someone did it, but I am not sure if I still can do it in 2019. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, EmilySmith said:

Hi everyone, new Nov filler here. Does any one know if I can do walk-in biometric appointment in Nashville office?

I only saw records from 2016 someone did it, but I am not sure if I still can do it in 2019. Thanks

This probably isn't much help but I was able to go in a few hours earlier on appointment date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I just found this thread and wonder if anyone can offer insight or has been in a similar situation. I also apologize for the long post!

I moved to the the states in April on a K1 visa, got married and applied for AOS/EAD/AP within 2 weeks of our marriage. Then came the long wait to hear anything. The first thing we heard about was our AOS interview which came as a pleasant surprise, we honestly thought it would be close to the year mark. Anyway, we had the interview, in our opinion it went pretty well, the officer was nice, she didn’t ask us for much evidence even though we stressed we had everything stated in the interview notice. We left our interview filling pretty confident. We were then completely shocked when we got a RFE for a medical-I has completed a medical in March, it is marked as completed. We submitted the DS portion with our AOS application and had it at the interview We were at a loss. I spoke to 3 separate officers to query this and get more clarity on it. All that could be seen on the system was the RFE letter we received and nothing more. All 3 officers commented it didn’t make sense. The final officer was a tier 2 officer who recommended 2 things- submit an e-request highlighting it was for the Nashville office and comply with the RFE, so we did both. 
We got the automated response saying the e-request would be replied to by December 4th, as of today, December 20th, it still hasn’t been. I got a new medical- the doctor couldn’t understand why I was there as the original one was complete, sent it off, we know it has been delivered as we tracked it-it was signed for in the Nashville office.
I contacted USCIS this week regarding both things. I was told the following- it can take up to 30 days to respond to an e-request, it was day 30 the day I spoke to them and as of that day Nashville hasn’t acknowledged they have received our RFE. He went on to tell that I should hear something this week from them particularly because we sent the e-request. USCIS won’t look into it until it’s been 60 days since our RFE was received and this is our biggest concern. That will be 5 days before the RFE needs to be submitted or face a denial. Has anyone been in a similar situation with Nashville? Did you hear anything about your RFE? Was it acknowledged? Did it work out? We could be panicked for no reason at all. 
The last update on our USCIS profile was September 23rd stating our interview had been scheduled and nothing since.

Edited by Loo1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed in September. Biometrics in October. RFE in November. Been sitting at "case ready to be scheduled" for 10 days. Haven't received an update on my EAD since "fingerprints received" 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, EmilySmith said:

Hi did you try walk- in biometrics,if yes,was it successful?

Timeline
On 1/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, Yeap said:

Hi did you try walk- in biometrics,if yes,was it successful?

Hi Yeap, I did make it walk-in. However, it is case by case. It really depends how busy that day is and your reason.

Good luck.

Timeline

We had our interview in Nashville yesterday, so this is how it went. We showed up at 8:50 to our 9:15 appointment and was given a number. They called two couples ahead of us that got there after us, so I started panicking that we missed our number or something. They split one couple up. But our number was finally called and our officer took us back to her office. She had notes written down from his file, so I think she went through everything. We swore in and I actually didn't know what to say so I had to let my husband say something first so I didn't look stupid lol. She confirmed some information in our paperwork and asked him all the yes/no questions. She looked at our birth certificates and marriage certificate but didn't ask for any copies. She then asked us

When we first met

Describe our relationship progression

When did we start talking about marriage

Describe the proposal 

Describe the wedding 

Who all we had from our family there 

What our most cherished moment was from the wedding

Any trips we've been on since he's moved here

Then she told us to give her any proof of relationship we had. We only had a bunch of photos and our car insurance letter since he doesn't have a SSN and my small town requires that for everything and we live with my mom so everything is in her name (which we explained to her). Then she asked us if we had any questions and I gave her a copy of the IRS transcript for my joint sponsor (because I only sent in the H&R block version since I didn't know you could print it directly from their website). She then said we'd hear the decision in 2-3 weeks but everything looked good from her end. Was in and out in less than an hour. Kinda bummed we didn't get the approval at the interview but we hope to hear something soon. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmilySmith said:

Hi guys!

my 485 status just updated to "ready to schedule for interview", how long estimably to wait for "interview is scheduled"? Thanks!

it took ours about two weeks to update. We got the interview notice two weeks later and it was a month after the interview notice was printed. So it said "ready to schedule" On December 14th, "interview scheduled" on December 26th, and then the interview was for January 30th. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

it took ours about two weeks to update. We got the interview notice two weeks later and it was a month after the interview notice was printed. So it said "ready to schedule" On December 14th, "interview scheduled" on December 26th, and then the interview was for January 30th. 

Got!Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
15 hours ago, EmilySmith said:

Hi guys!

my 485 status just updated to "ready to schedule for interview", how long estimably to wait for "interview is scheduled"? Thanks!

Congratulations!  When did you submit your I-485?

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/28/2020 at 7:54 AM, TandClaudia said:

Congratulations!  When did you submit your I-485?

Am sure tou will get scheduled for interview this evening, that was exactly what happened to my case and I knew another person from Memphis. I got about to be scheduled for interview on friday, the next monday it xhanged to interview scheduled. 

On 2/27/2020 at 6:25 PM, waysoftheshadow said:

Mine took just a workjng day.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.