156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

Hi everyone - any one recently get notified of an interview date? I just checked online and saw that case processing in the Nashville FO for i-485 is 10.5-23 months now. 

Did that increase? I cant for the life of me remember what the timelines were last time i looked. So frustrating....really hope the time frame is around 8-10 months like someone said above. I came on a k1 in october of last year, filed for AOS December 2018. 

UPDATE a september 5 2018 filer got schedule on may 13 for her interview to be done on june 17. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleFO said:

UPDATE a september 5 2018 filer got schedule on may 13 for her interview to be done on june 17. 

Things are moving along, yay! Thanks for the update!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey y'all,

Was just pointed to this thread from another, chiming in with our timeline.

We're a K-1 couple with a September 19 AOS NOA date. Just got our interview notice for June 28 in Nashville. Strangely enough we were given a biometrics appointment in Atlanta. Home is Chattanooga, which is about equidistant between the two.

Hang in there, everybody!

Timeline
2 hours ago, jhart1981 said:

Hey y'all,

Was just pointed to this thread from another, chiming in with our timeline.

We're a K-1 couple with a September 19 AOS NOA date. Just got our interview notice for June 28 in Nashville. Strangely enough we were given a biometrics appointment in Atlanta. Home is Chattanooga, which is about equidistant between the two.

Hang in there, everybody!

When did you receive the notification that your interview had been scheduled?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just to update you guys, here are different PD from nashvillians and their interview date so we all can get an idea of how long our process is taking at the Nashville Field office.

———PD———. —INTERVIEW—  —TIME

June 18            April 1.                9m 14days

June 21.           April 1.                9m 11days

July  5.             April 10.              9m 5 days

July 13.            May 6.                 9m 23days

August 24.      May 30.               9m 6 days

Sep 5.              June 17.              9m 12 days

Sep 19.            June 28               9m 9 days

This info was gather from this forum and other forums/pages for nashville Filers! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anymore progress around here...

Also for anyone who has had their interview in Nashville recently, are they accepting the medicals we did during K1? Some people that had their interviews at the Nashville FO a few months back said they had to go get new medicals done and that they weren't accepting those that were over 6 months but under a year or something like that... 

*Sigh...* wish we could just wrap this process up already. I really hesitate to travel even for work until i have a GC... 

Edited by SMK 89

Timeline
4 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

Also for anyone who has had their interview in Nashville recently, are they accepting the medicals we did during K1? Some people that had their interviews at the Nashville FO a few months back said they had to go get new medicals done and that they weren't accepting those that were over 6 months but under a year or something like that... 

*Sigh...* wish we could just wrap this process up already. I really hesitate to travel even for work until i have a GC... 

They are now scheduling middle of october i believe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi y'all,

Just had our interview in the Nashville FO, so will give a quick review for you.

Our officer was really nice and the whole interview took about 30 minutes total. First she went over our answers on the i485 application, next we told our story, then we showed banking, insurance, new photos, etc., and finally we chatted about what life is like for us. At the end she said she'd work on it and we'd hear something in about 2 weeks or so, either that it's been approved or if she needs anything else. By the way some of the questions were asked it was clear she was pretty familiar with our file already.

And (@NashvilleFO) we had no issues with the medical that was done during the K-1 process. She even said, "you had a medical right before you arrived so there shouldn't be any issues there ."

Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, jhart1981 said:

Hi y'all,

Just had our interview in the Nashville FO, so will give a quick review for you.

Our officer was really nice and the whole interview took about 30 minutes total. First she went over our answers on the i485 application, next we told our story, then we showed banking, insurance, new photos, etc., and finally we chatted about what life is like for us. At the end she said she'd work on it and we'd hear something in about 2 weeks or so, either that it's been approved or if she needs anything else. By the way some of the questions were asked it was clear she was pretty familiar with our file already.

And (@NashvilleFO) we had no issues with the medical that was done during the K-1 process. She even said, "you had a medical right before you arrived so there shouldn't be any issues there ."

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! Glad to hear it went smoothly for you.

Processing time has gone down to 10-16.5 months so hopefully we'll starting seeing other 2018 filers scheduled for interviews soon!

Timeline
On 6/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, jhart1981 said:

Hi y'all,

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! ❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, SMK 89 said:

I'd be happier if they moved USCIS offices for my wife and me.  Nashville is 6 hours away, while there are other FOs that are only 3 hours away.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys!

Married to a GC. Category F2A. PD Feb 2018. So Feb 2018 is the date I filed my I-130. Recently my PD became current and I filed for Adjustment of Status (I-485) in June 2019. I think my Field Office is Nashville TN as I did my biometrics there. I need some information from someone who has any idea or experience similar to mine.

Currently, my I-130 is in CSC. And my other applications (I-485, I-765, i-131) are all at MSC. So, do you guys think that I-130 and I-485 will be transferred to the Nashville FO sometime soon and be processed together? Or will my I-130 be processed separately in CSC?

Edited by DebanjanaN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 9:39 AM, DebanjanaN said:

Hi guys!

Married to a GC. Category F2A. PD Feb 2018. So Feb 2018 is the date I filed my I-130. Recently my PD became current and I filed for Adjustment of Status (I-485) in June 2019. I think my Field Office is Nashville TN as I did my biometrics there. I need some information from someone who has any idea or experience similar to mine.

Currently, my I-130 is in CSC. And my other applications (I-485, I-765, i-131) are all at MSC. So, do you guys think that I-130 and I-485 will be transferred to the Nashville FO sometime soon and be processed together? Or will my I-130 be processed separately in CSC?

I-485 will finish processing at MSC, then get transferred to the Nashville FO to be queued for an interview. I-131 and I-765 are processed at MSC only. Most of us in this thread are adjusting from K1 which doesn't require I-130.

There's an active F2A topic that might answer your question:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Vans said:

I-485 will finish processing at MSC, then get transferred to the Nashville FO to be queued for an interview. I-131 and I-765 are processed at MSC only. Most of us in this thread are adjusting from K1 which doesn't require I-130.

There's an active F2A topic that might answer your question:

Thank you so much!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.