156 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2019 at 8:11 AM, NashvilleFO said:
Interview on August 9 2019
My interview went well! Our officer seem serious at first but then he was very friendly and a young one. He asked for our IDs, he reviewed the i-485 form with me, asked me my name, address and parents name as well as the yes and no questions and then he reviewed the i-130 with my husband, asked him where he lived and his parents names and if he knew the penalties written on the form. Then he asked for our birth certificates, my visa and passport which i used to enter the united states when i was a minor. After requesting that evidence he asked how we met, how did he asked me out, and while we were telling our story we showed him pictures. (We made a lil summary of 4 pictures every years for the 7 years we dated and the 3 years after that where we had our engagement, court wedding and religiuos wedding. He was surprised we were high school sweet hearts and the pictures could prove it lol. After all that he asked if we had questions and told us that “the only reason he couldnt do it” was because the computers were down but that to him we showed to have a bonafide marriage. (I dont know if to take that as approved) lol either way he said to check on the mail tuesday as he wasnt going to be there monday. 

+ More Options 

Hey there just wondering if everything went well and if you've already received your GC in the mail? Can't believe it's already the end of August! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 12:37 PM, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Hey guys! We just had our AOS Interview this morning in Nashville, and it went really well! Our immigration officer didn't approve us on the spot, but she said so far everything looks good on her end. She was smiling, upbeat, and positive, so I'm hoping that's a good sign! 

If you're interested, feel free to read my review here: https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=26966

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!!

Hey there! Had our interview this morning! Just wondering if you've received any notice or anything like that in the mail yet -- curious as to how long it is that we have to wait / when is too late and we should inquire lol.... 

On 6/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, jhart1981 said:

Hi y'all,

Just had our interview in the Nashville FO, so will give a quick review for you.

Our officer was really nice and the whole interview took about 30 minutes total. First she went over our answers on the i485 application, next we told our story, then we showed banking, insurance, new photos, etc., and finally we chatted about what life is like for us. At the end she said she'd work on it and we'd hear something in about 2 weeks or so, either that it's been approved or if she needs anything else. By the way some of the questions were asked it was clear she was pretty familiar with our file already.

And (@NashvilleFO) we had no issues with the medical that was done during the K-1 process. She even said, "you had a medical right before you arrived so there shouldn't be any issues there ."

Good luck everyone!

Hey there - just wondering how soon after your interview date you got notification of approval or anything in the mail? just curious....we had ours this morning yay!

On 7/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, NashvilleFO said:

My interview was scheduled today oct 22 2018 ❤️

Just wondering how long after your interview you got an approval notice or anything in the mail (trying to ask everyone in this thread that could have gotten something by now! :)

9 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Hey there! Had our interview this morning! Just wondering if you've received any notice or anything like that in the mail yet -- curious as to how long it is that we have to wait / when is too late and we should inquire lol.... 

Hey! Congratulations, by the way! 🎉

Our GC was delivered 9 days after the interview. We did have a long weekend due to Labor Day following our interview, so it probably took a little bit longer than it otherwise would have. That said, there isn't really a "set" or "standard" time that you should receive the GC after the interview is complete because immigration officers usually have to do some follow-up work on the case, post-interview. This is the reason why they can't confirm when you'll receive the GC. (I also think it varies based on the F.O.)

If you don't have the GC in-hand within like 30 days after the interview, that's probably a reasonable time to inquire. However, I'd guess if everything went well, you may receive it within a week or two of the interview. Just keep in mind--nothing is standard with USCIS, so they don't usually confirm when you'll receive your GC in the mail. Fingers crossed yours will arrive soon! 🤞

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

13 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Hey! Congratulations, by the way! 🎉

Our GC was delivered 9 days after the interview. We did have a long weekend due to Labor Day following our interview, so it probably took a little bit longer than it otherwise would have. That said, there isn't really a "set" or "standard" time that you should receive the GC after the interview is complete because immigration officers usually have to do some follow-up work on the case, post-interview. This is the reason why they can't confirm when you'll receive the GC. (I also think it varies based on the F.O.)

If you don't have the GC in-hand within like 30 days after the interview, that's probably a reasonable time to inquire. However, I'd guess if everything went well, you may receive it within a week or two of the interview. Just keep in mind--nothing is standard with USCIS, so they don't usually confirm when you'll receive your GC in the mail. Fingers crossed yours will arrive soon! 🤞

Thanks so much! Yea fingers crossed. I guess in just over a year we get to fill out some more paper work too (sorry, im just assuming you guys got a conditional GC? married less than 2 years?)

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

Thanks so much! Yea fingers crossed. I guess in just over a year we get to fill out some more paper work too (sorry, im just assuming you guys got a conditional GC? married less than 2 years?)

Yup, we got a 2-year conditional GC. We got married in October 2018, so we'll have to do the whole removal of conditions bit as well, but we're USCIS-free for a while at least! :jest:

Edited by wakeuplittlesuzy

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

Please tell me there are people that were at the nashville field office for an interview that didnt immediately get a case status update on the portal online? I know two others that had a different officer yesterday and got notices that they are approved and card is being produced. I havent received anything, and am starting to worry. 

36 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Please tell me there are people that were at the nashville field office for an interview that didnt immediately get a case status update on the portal online? I know two others that had a different officer yesterday and got notices that they are approved and card is being produced. I havent received anything, and am starting to worry. 

@wakeuplittlesuzy @NashvilleFO @jhart1981 @KV & TQ any insight on the above? 

3 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

Don't worry--Our case didn't update for like 5 days. I'm sure you guys are fine!

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Don't worry--Our case didn't update for like 5 days. I'm sure you guys are fine!

Mine didnt either until a week after because their coumputers were down

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview has been scheduled for Monday, October 21 at 7:00am. :) NOA April 23. They really sped up processing for those who applied in this spring.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, Vans said:

My interview has been scheduled for Monday, October 21 at 7:00am. :) NOA April 23. They really sped up processing for those who applied in this spring.

Wow that is early in the morning! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Spardasa said:

Wow that is early in the morning! 

It is! Though according to the website, the office opens at 7:15. We will try to enter before 7:00 and see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.