156 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! I havent seen any post about the Nashville TN field Office. I created this forum for every nashvillian filing AOS through marriage and who is waiting for an interview. I would like to have an idea of The office processing time. Please write down your time line below if you are waiting to be interviewed or already had your interview. My Priority Date is OCT 22 2018 and i am still waiting for an interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I also filed AOS through marriage and just got notification that my interview has been scheduled so that appointment letter should be in the mailbox any day now (also going through Nashville field office). June 21st is when we filed for AOS

Edited by KV & TQ

Timeline
12 minutes ago, KV & TQ said:

Hi, I also filed AOS through marriage and just got notification that my interview has been scheduled so that appointment letter should be in the mailbox any day now (also going through Nashville field office). June 21st is when we filed for AOS

Wow that’s nice! I was thinking it would take at least 10 months to get an interview and now im more hopeful knowing it only took 8 months for you!. Please keep me updated as far as how the interview goes 😃 best of luck for you! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 4:47 PM, KV & TQ said:

Have you gotten your interview date yet?

Timeline
7 hours ago, NashvilleFO said:

Have you gotten your interview date yet?

Yes I did! April 1st is my interview. I'll update once it's done. I'm really nervous though, as our case is just a little more complicated than others. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, KV & TQ said:

Yes I did! April 1st is my interview. I'll update once it's done. I'm really nervous though, as our case is just a little more complicated than others. 

That’s great! Let’s preay for it to go smooth and Yes keep me updated please, did  you have RFIE ?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, NashvilleFO said:

That’s great! Let’s preay for it to go smooth and Yes keep me updated please, did  you have RFIE ?

No we didn't receive any RFE's - thank GOD! They accepted our AOS application pretty soon after we submitted it. However, the K-1 process was a nightmare! I unfortunately have a CIMT conviction but it falls under the petty offense exception so I am not inadmissible, but when I went for my interview up in Canada the IO denied me a visa. Our lawyer had to submit documentation and proof that my CIMT actually qualifies but they STILL denied it, so he had to go above and beyond the consulate to a department called Legalnet who then overrode the consulates decision and approved my visa. That took almost 4 months after the initial interview! So yeah, we are hoping and praying that my AOS goes smoother than the K-1 🙂

Hi everyone,

Nashville FO here as well. Timeline below. My status is still sitting at Finger Print Fee Received for the I-485 and just Case Received for the other two. I do have my SSN which I got a week after I POE'd. TN Driver's license I got after marriage/AOS submitted. 

Priority date for I-485 is December 18, 2018

Priority date for I-131/I-765 is December 13, 2018. 

God I hope this all starts moving a long way faster than the site says... ready to start living my life again (like all of us lol). 

AOS Packet Mailed (via FedEx) -- December 11, 2018
AOS Packet Arrived at 131 Dearborn Address -- December 13, 2018
AOS Check Cashed -- December 19, 2018
AOS Receipt from USCIS via Text/Email Notification -- December 19, 2018
Hard Copy of AOS NOA1 Received -- December 24, 2018
Hard Copy NOA1 (I-797C) Received Date Listed -- December 13, 2018
Hard Copy NOA1 (I-797C) Notice Date Listed -- December 18, 2018
Biometrics Appointment Letter Received via USPS -- December 29, 2018

Biometrics Appointment in Nashville -- January 7, 2019 (status still Finger Print Fee Received)

Edited by SMK 89

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was asked to comment on this topic as my wife and I went through the Nashville Office. You can see our timeline below. Hope it helps. 

K-1 Visa

04-06-2017  I-129F Sent to Dallas Lockbox

04-15-2017  NOA 1 Received by mail (Sent to California Service Center)

08-17-2017  NOA 2 Received by mail (124 LONG Days from NOA 1. Status NEVER changed on USCIS site)

09-01-7017  NVC Received, Case Number Assigned (Petitioner notified by email)

09-04-2017  Sydney Embassy Received Case

09-04-2017  Packet 3 Received (Petitioner Received email)

09-04-2017  Packet 3 Sent To Embassy

09-04-2017  Packet 4 Sent (Beneficiary Received email)

09-25-2017  Interview Date (APPROVED!!!!)

09-27-2017  VISA IN HAND!!!

12-18-2017  POE In Dallas

01-03-2018 Applied For Social Security Card

01-09-2018 Social Security Card In Hand

01-10-2018 Wedding!!!

AOS

01-13-2018 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

01-18-2018 RFE For Sending In Wrong Form (We Didn't. Called USCIS, their mistake. Resent Packet)

01-30-2018 NOA 1 Sent In New Medical Immediately Upon Receipt of NOA

03-09-2019 Green Card Received

07-11-2018 EAD/AP Approved

07-17-2018 Received EAD/AP Card

11-19-2018 Received Interview Date By Mail

12-20-2018 AOS Interview in Nashville. Need a new medical so, waiting for that.

Recieved RFE Because We Needed a New Medical. Not sure of exact date. But it was received a few months later.

03/05/2019 NOA Stating That Green Card Approved

03/05/2019 Green Card in Hand

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 8:31 AM, KV & TQ said:

No we didn't receive any RFE's - thank GOD! They accepted our AOS application pretty soon after we submitted it. However, the K-1 process was a nightmare! I unfortunately have a CIMT conviction but it falls under the petty offense exception so I am not inadmissible, but when I went for my interview up in Canada the IO denied me a visa. Our lawyer had to submit documentation and proof that my CIMT actually qualifies but they STILL denied it, so he had to go above and beyond the consulate to a department called Legalnet who then overrode the consulates decision and approved my visa. That took almost 4 months after the initial interview! So yeah, we are hoping and praying that my AOS goes smoother than the K-1 🙂

Did you get approved ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Glad to see this topic -- I am also in Nashville and filed for AOS recently.

I submitted a site request a few weeks ago to add Nashville as a local CIS office. You can now change your Local Office to Nashville TN in your timeline, instead of using Memphis TN. The AOS timeline search also has Nashville in the drop-down menu so we can see who else is filing from here.

Timeline
14 hours ago, NashvilleFO said:

Did you get approved ?

Funny you ask me that - just got notification yesterday that my card is being produced! Interview went pretty well but the IO didn't approve me on the spot because she wanted to make sure that I was admissible (even though it was cleared from the K-1 visa). We were worried that it would take months or even years to hear anything back. Thank God 🙏 we are now stress free and our life can truly begin!

Timeline
On 5/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, Vans said:

Hi everyone,

Glad to see this topic -- I am also in Nashville and filed for AOS recently.

I submitted a site request a few weeks ago to add Nashville as a local CIS office. You can now change your Local Office to Nashville TN in your timeline, instead of using Memphis TN. The AOS timeline search also has Nashville in the drop-down menu so we can see who else is filing from here.

Awesome! Thank you for that :) what’s your PD date?

Timeline
On 5/1/2019 at 9:41 AM, KV & TQ said:

Funny you ask me that - just got notification yesterday that my card is being produced! Interview went pretty well but the IO didn't approve me on the spot because she wanted to make sure that I was admissible (even though it was cleared from the K-1 visa). We were worried that it would take months or even years to hear anything back. Thank God 🙏 we are now stress free and our life can truly begin!

Really? That’s great, congrats to you! Was the officer nice to you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.