Jump to content

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

 

I have a probably silly question but couldn't seem to find the answer by searching. Me and my partner will hopefully be applying for the K1 Visa this year but I was wondering if the fact we met online would affect our case at all? And what is the best way to provide evidence for this? Or at which point in the process does this matter to them?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% of k1 partners met online. 

You just write down when and where  

You provide evidence for meeting in person. 


K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Megan&Daniel said:

I met my fiance in a video chat room. No issues! 

 

35 minutes ago, Roel said:

90% of k1 partners met online. 

You just write down when and where  

You provide evidence for meeting in person. 

Thank you both! Feeling more relieved now lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't be a problem. My fiancé and I also met online. What we worried about was the duration of our relationship (we met 10 months ago) that's why we also thought that it wouldn't be considered genuine. But we got approved 3 weeks ago :) Just be honest and tell them how you met, fell in love and why you want to marry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

Hi all!

 

I have a probably silly question but couldn't seem to find the answer by searching. Me and my partner will hopefully be applying for the K1 Visa this year but I was wondering if the fact we met online would affect our case at all? And what is the best way to provide evidence for this? Or at which point in the process does this matter to them?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Ash

just include a copy of the T & C of the dating site (if it was) where you met to avoid RFE.

goodluck


Our Timeline:

(L)2015(L)

03 Nov - met online app (Skout)

(L)2016(L)

18 Jan - became couple officially

(L)2017(L)

15 Sep - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

(L)2018(L)

03 Feb - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

08 Feb - got engaged 

22 Aug - I129f sent (DIY)

29 Aug - NOA1

          list of worries before approval:

          1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

          2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

01 Sep - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

(L)2019(L)

16 Jan - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

06 Feb - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

08 Feb - case number received

WAITING FOR PACKET 3 FROM EMBASSY

May 2019 - 4th meeting :goofy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

Hi all!

 

I have a probably silly question but couldn't seem to find the answer by searching. Me and my partner will hopefully be applying for the K1 Visa this year but I was wondering if the fact we met online would affect our case at all? And what is the best way to provide evidence for this? Or at which point in the process does this matter to them?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Ash

As long as you have met in person at least once in the two years prior to filing, shouldn't be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you have also met in person - it does not matter how you originally met.


Our K1 Journey

I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Packet 4 Received : never received ..does it even exist?

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

 

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

 

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

 

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, Olga&Jared said:

Shouldn't be a problem. My fiancé and I also met online. What we worried about was the duration of our relationship (we met 10 months ago) that's why we also thought that it wouldn't be considered genuine. But we got approved 3 weeks ago :) Just be honest and tell them how you met, fell in love and why you want to marry. 

Great thanks! The duration is another thing I worried about but I guess we should be fine. Congratulations on your approval!!! That's awesome :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, A&D25612 said:

Great thanks! The duration is another thing I worried about but I guess we should be fine. Congratulations on your approval!!! That's awesome :D 

A mutual friend introduced us and we started talking on facebook. 

6 months later,  I went to see her for about 3 weeks. I mailed the k-1 package 3 weeks later. 10 1/2 months later, she was here, we were married, adjustment of status done and green card in hand.  

 


Removing Conditions on Green Card

1/02/2019.........90 day ROC window starts

1/18/2019.........Mailed ROC docs on Friday via USPS certified mail to Phoenix, AZ.

1/228/2019.........Delivery accepted in Phoenix, AZ.

1/28/2019.........Received text from USCIS  Case #SRC19901XXXXX

1/28/2019.........$680 bank check was cashed electronically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 5:42 PM, Rick & Apple said:

A mutual friend introduced us and we started talking on facebook. 

6 months later,  I went to see her for about 3 weeks. I mailed the k-1 package 3 weeks later. 10 1/2 months later, she was here, we were married, adjustment of status done and green card in hand.  

 

Congrats! I know it varies by case but, how long did you both wait until you got your approval after sending the k1 package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A&D25612 said:

Congrats! I know it varies by case but, how long did you both wait until you got your approval after sending the k1 package?

3 1/2 months.  This was 2016. I think k-1 approval times are slower now.


Removing Conditions on Green Card

1/02/2019.........90 day ROC window starts

1/18/2019.........Mailed ROC docs on Friday via USPS certified mail to Phoenix, AZ.

1/228/2019.........Delivery accepted in Phoenix, AZ.

1/28/2019.........Received text from USCIS  Case #SRC19901XXXXX

1/28/2019.........$680 bank check was cashed electronically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×