Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, emeline29 said:

4 hours until my interview! 😁

I just realized the time in Australia, and I'm sending you the best vibes! I'm looking forward to your fantastic news! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The majority of the people who are traveling on a ESTA while applying for a K-1 do not have problems. But, if we think like a immigration officer would a person applying for a K-1 not just stay and get married and apply for a different visa based on their "new" status? So, what to do? I'd recommend carrying a letter from your employer that they are aware that you are going on "vacation" and that you will return back to work on such and such date. Just saying.

thanks! I visited in march and all they asked was when i fly back nothing else.

don't have employer anymore (my last offical day at work is May 15th before that I'm on vacation leave). but I have my return ticket and the visa interview appointment confirmation. I mean...I have waited 362 days for that interview do they really think I would be so dumb and stay and get married? hell no! :lol:

Timeline
6 hours ago, emeline29 said:

Approved! 😁

Perfect! The first thing I did when I got up was to look for this! Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

Perfect! The first thing I did when I got up was to look for this! Congratulations!

Thank you so much! It was super easy. I saw two people ahead of me denied for financial reasons, hopefully they just have to send more proof of income. Thankfully she asked me about 3 questions and said “everything looks great, your visa has been approved and we’ll get it to you in the next week”. I couldn’t believe it. I’m so glad I had read the consulate reviews, it made it so much easier on the day. I’ll write my own review soon once I get home and settled. But first - buffalo wings to celebrate! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 hours ago, FaintSpartan said:

Ahh, my mistake! Hopefully today :) 

finally just been issued :) 

Timeline
On 4/27/2019 at 5:03 PM, M and Ed said:

Hey! I've been waiting for two months for my ssn and every time I call they say that the DHS is taking a long time. When I first applied right after I arrived, they said it would take two weeks, but here we are, two months later and nothing. I'm concerned my i94 will expire before getting the ssn

Any ideas of what to do?

We did, receive in two business days, a letter confirming my fiance's application and stating that he can work if his status allows it.  I would definitely be calling, in your position. Good luck!

Edited by Joyoussinger

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Visa just arrived! We're both on top of the world right now!! :D Couldn't have done it without this amazing community of support here. 

See you guys in SSN/Adjustment of Status threads! :D

On 4/19/2019 at 9:22 PM, Greenbaum said:

You stated everything correctly. You only need PC from your "home" country (Italy for you) and from any other country you have LIVED IN since age 16 for more than 6 months (Switzerland doesn't count because you only get mail from their and or visit for shorter periods of time then what is required). So looks like you do not need any PC's outside of Italy. Be sure to verify the requirements for PC's with what the embassy in Italy requires, as some are different then other embassies. :thumbs:

Hi, @Greenbaum. I come to you for help once again.
My case has finally been transferred from Bern to Naples. I have received an email from Naples saying that my case has been received and to follow the instructions to schedule an interview. 
However, when I try to make an account using my BENxxxxxxxxxx case number, it says that my case is not ready for an appointment - which is a contradiction since the CEAC website says it is, and I have received an email from Naples telling me to schedule. When I try to replace BEN with NPL, it lets me through and lets me see the available dates etc. 
Do you know whether embassy transfers automatically change the case numbers to fit the final embassy?

When I check the CEAC website and put in both case numbers, they both show March 19th as date created. However, the BEN case number shows the last date modified as today, and the NPL number shows the last date modified as April 8th (the day in which Naples requested the transfer). 

This process has been delayed a month already, I would really appreciate your insight. 
Thank you!

27 minutes ago, MarinaMT said:

Hi, @Greenbaum. I come to you for help once again.
My case has finally been transferred from Bern to Naples. I have received an email from Naples saying that my case has been received and to follow the instructions to schedule an interview. 
However, when I try to make an account using my BENxxxxxxxxxx case number, it says that my case is not ready for an appointment - which is a contradiction since the CEAC website says it is, and I have received an email from Naples telling me to schedule. When I try to replace BEN with NPL, it lets me through and lets me see the available dates etc. 
Do you know whether embassy transfers automatically change the case numbers to fit the final embassy?

When I check the CEAC website and put in both case numbers, they both show March 19th as date created. However, the BEN case number shows the last date modified as today, and the NPL number shows the last date modified as April 8th (the day in which Naples requested the transfer). 

This process has been delayed a month already, I would really appreciate your insight. 
Thank you!

The way I understand is if your case went from one embassy to another then your case number would remain the same but if the case was rerouted back to NVC they created another embassy number under the interviewing embassy. This gets tricky but you will pay under the old case number and tie that number to your profile. Then the new embassy will use your old case number. That's my understanding but I am not 100% sure as I only know the procedure to "get" the case to the new embassy.  So I think it is best to try and call the embassy or post your question in the https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/6-us-embassy-and-consulate-discussion/ thread. Please return here and let us know what the outcome is and what you did to resolve it. Best to you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is it abnormal that my case status still says ready and in the explanation it says ready to schedule interview? But we already had our interview and were approved we’re  just waiting to receive the passport back with the visa which we were told could take 2 weeks. I’m concerned that our status has not changed to AP or issued or anything else 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My interview was on April 25th, and I just got my passport back today with visa. 😁

These are the questions they asked me;
- Where did you meet your fiance?
- Why did he come to Thailand the first time he met you?
- Where does he live? 
- What is his job?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.