toribae1031

very complicated situation need advice

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
21 minutes ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

But studied in the USA despite the language barrier? And too busy to get information on her US immigration status but wants to return to the USA on a visit? How does that make sense? 🤣 🤔

Maybe Ab28 is right. The subject may be too sensitive and the person has to say it is being asked for someone else. However  I know students who only know the English related to their field of study and not very good when it comes to other fields and may feel more comfortable asking for help from a trusted person. I am just giving examples, no intention to argue. 

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We seems to get a lot of these posts.

Seems a big issue but if it was would not the person want to find out themselves?

What happened is somewhat unclear and usually exactly what happened is very important to determine what if anything can be done.

All I can say for certain is that they believe she has been a Prostitute then visiting the US is unlikely to be happening. Very unlikely.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 hours ago, toribae1031 said:

yes and they kept changing the words and today she got into U.S.Embassy again the officer said she is involved in prostitution with lawsuit.

This doesn’t make sense. The embassy doesn’t not know why it’s being refused. Sounds like both are an issue.

if it is indeed a false report of prostitution she needs to get it cleared up, it could have ramifications beyond just visiting the US. Example: if she ever needs a UK or Canadian visa (or even just Canadian eTA)  she needs to say if and why she has ever been denied a visa or entry into another country. 

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

5 hours ago, Ab28 said:

@HonoraryCitizenWhenever I find posts in which people ask questions on behalf of someone else, the very first thing that comes to my mind is that the person who is asking is the one who needs help, but he/she wants to ask on behalf of someone else.

I'm in agreement with Honorary here - If this woman was smart enough to get a VISA to come to the US before and attend a University here, her English had to be manageable at the beginning and much better by the end of her stay here.  The fact that the "friend" states categorically that no wrong was done by this person lends to that opinion, otherwise, how would they be so sure that nothing happened, in the very least the VJ member would normally say "she said nothing happened and I believe her".  If the person who is having trouble would come here and ask directly, there are a lot of wise people on this forum who would be glad to help steer her toward answers.  It honestly seems a little shady the way it is being handled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, toribae1031 said:

yes and they kept changing the words and today she got into U.S.Embassy again the officer said she is involved in prostitution with lawsuit.

I would bet that nobody believes she went into a U.S. embassy and they told  her she is a prostitute. Didn't happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline
14 hours ago, toribae1031 said:

If that case, where she needs to contact & find out? 

I am not a moralist and I judge no one. I just wanted accurate information from the source however I think we have enough at this point to make a recommendation based on the little you have shared.

2 hours ago, hope2018 said:

I am just giving examples, no intention to argue. 

Getting back on topic, there are many ingredients in this broth namely an accusation of a crime involving moral turpitude (or not), the accused possibly having little knowledge of US immigration and legal system, possible poor English language skills, several visa refusals in succession and a lack of clarity on what exactly she was refused for

These all point to get an attorney preferably competent in both US immigration law and criminal law. It is no longer a DIY project especially for an immigration ingenue and soliciting advice from online is not the way to go. This is serious business.

I sincerely hope she is able to get this resolved, particularly if she is indeed innocent..

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

Being a Korean-American myself, and having witnessed so many Korean illegal bars in L.A. (Korea town) where they hire women to host men is very common. It is also common to hire part-time international students for some extra cash. The women are hired to host men from bar to bars, or to karaoke rooms. If you are at the wrong place at the wrong time and get busted by a police, then you CAN possibly get convicted of prostitution. I am NOT saying that it is the case here, but I am saying there are part-time international student hostesses working in Korean community, since it is a common practice... 

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/dozens-arrested-in-hostess-club-bust/article_9212868b-4666-5c19-9d98-9b5520d130b5.html

"Hostess dance clubs charge mostly male clients a half-hourly rate to pick one of the venue’s women hostesses to dance with and spend time. The clubs do not sell alcohol, and are not permitted to provide adult entertainment."

https://laist.com/2015/11/13/hostess_fichera_bar.php

"These bars are relatively common in Los Angeles, and they have their counterparts in the hostess bars found in Koreatown, where patrons can pay for an overpriced bottle or cocktail and in exchange, spend time and sing karaoke with a beautiful woman. Other clubs are known as Taxi Dance Halls, where customers can pay to dance with women. LAPD Officer Justin Fuller told the Times, "I don't know if it's growing or if it's spreading. It has always been a common thing."

BTW, l am NOT saying that the OP's friend is the case here, but she could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? I really don't know what it is, but I am saying that there is such an establishment. I hope no one gets the wrong message. I come in peace! 🙃 Since we don't know the details of what is the reason behind her prostitution charge, perhaps she got unlucky? I also know a case myself, my friend was charged with a prostitution when she was simply hanging out with her co-workers. When her co-workers made the call to call these hostess establishment, the women came, and they got busted. She was simply unlucky. She hired a lawyer to clear up her name since she was among her co-workers who were working for the same company at the time. There is a way to clear up the charge, hire a lawyer. Good luck! 

40 minutes ago, CJlove said:

Being a Korean-American myself, and having witnessed so many Korean illegal bars in L.A. (Korea town) where they hire women to host men is very common. It is also common to hire part-time international students for some extra cash. The women are hired to host men from bar to bars, or to karaoke rooms. If you are at the wrong place at the wrong time and get busted by a police, then you CAN possibly get convicted of prostitution. I am NOT saying that it is the case here, but I am saying there are part-time international student hostesses working in Korean community, since it is a common practice... 

I’m not an F1 expert,  does this type of work fall under the allowed type for a student visa?

anyway safe to say if it was this the friend would understand what the problem was?

(i also don’t get the comment about “part time international students”, don’t you have to be full time to keep a student visa? Of course that’s what is in the story and not as far as we know anything to do with OP’s friend. But if this is an issue here then it seems violation of student visa conditions came into it too) 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m not an F1 expert,  does this type of work fall under the allowed type for a student visa?

anyway safe to say if it was this the friend would understand what the problem was?

(i also don’t get the comment about “part time international students”, don’t you have to be full time to keep a student visa? Of course that’s what is in the story and not as far as we know anything to do with OP’s friend. But if this is an issue here then it seems violation of student visa conditions came into it too) 

An F1 student can only work off campus with OPT or pre-completion OPT in a job that must be related to their major.

An F1 student must be enrolled full-time to stay in status.

3 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

An F1 student can only work off campus with OPT or pre-completion OPT in a job that must be related to their major.

An F1 student must be enrolled full-time to stay in status.

Thank you, that’s what I thought! So any students doing those things are in violation of status anyway. But we don’t know if that is related to OP’s friend’s case.

Gosh...

First of all, this is not my case. I am currently living in U.S. if I had issue, I would go see courthouse clerk, lawyer, and etc. Simple is that..

it is way too easy to solve this problems if the person is living in U.S. However, she is living in somewhere that she needs to have visa to enter

the U.S.

Second, I told her many times to upload her story in the visa journey to get helped (Obviously, she did not.. Some people have poor research skills

that's why I am trying to help her out.)

Guys, I want to see what is the best option to do.. I posted here to get advice instead of getting criticism.

I wanted to help her out but I've never dealt with this stuffs before to be honest... 

The reason I posted this subject is that I've had great experiences with VJ. That's all.

Edited by toribae1031
Swear in 03/20/2015

U.S. Citizenship 2015 Nov~

Removing conditions on Residency

I-751 Filed 06/09/2014
NOA 1 NEVER RECEIVED (EDIT - MY HUSBAND PUT THAT LETTER IN THE CAR...GRRRR I JUST NOTICED THAT AFTER I RECEIVED MY GREENCARD)
Biometrics 07/14/2014
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC Oct/29/2014)
RFE Received 12/18/2014
2nd Bio 01/23/2015
3rd Bio 02/03/2015 + Infopass for I-551 stamp
RFE Responded 02/04/2015 (Mailed RFE Jan 30)
Approved!!!!! 02/10/2015
Card Mailed 02/17/2015 Card was picked up by the usps 02/18/2015
Card in hand 02/21/2015 !!!!!

Adjust to permanent resident status

Filed 05/03/2012
NOA 1 05/07/2012(notice date)
Biometrics 06/08/2012
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC June/01/2012)
Approved 09/05/2012
(welcome notice with card)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, toribae1031 said:

Gosh...

First of all, this is not my case. I am currently living in U.S. if I had issue, I would go see courthouse clerk, lawyer, and etc. Simple is that..

it is way too easy to solve this problems if the person is living in U.S. However, she is living in somewhere that she needs to have visa to enter

the U.S.

Second, I told her many times to upload her story in the visa journey to get helped (Obviously, she did not.. Some people have poor research skills

that's why I am trying to help her out.)

I mentioned that she is out of U.S.. she did her best to get FBI criminal record with her FINGER PRINTS in order to prove that she is innocent.

she went to embassy to talk to CO and the Officer said "Of course, there is nothing in the FBI criminal record"

She got denied to have B1/B2 visa again ( she pretty much requested it in order to clear her status )

Ironically, the CO said my friend did sell sex without paying money back to Pimp. The Pimp filed lawsuit against her. 

Based on what the CO said, I helped her out yesterday to find any criminal records& cases  in the state where she was staying.

There were nothing came up.

I did not look for lawsuit pending case.

Guys, I want to see what is the best option to do.. I posted here to get advice instead of getting criticism.

I wanted to help her out but I've never dealt with this stuffs before to be honest... 

The reason I posted this subject is that I've had great experiences with VJ. That's all.

Bwaaaa!!!!  The pimp filed a lawsuit for his cut of money from illegal activities?  Cuz that's how pimps get their money?  Judges love helping criminals get their money.  

By the way, the CO doesn't need an FBI record or pending case to deny a visa.  The mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to deny a visa.

Edited by aaron2020

2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Bwaaaa!!!!  The pimp filed a lawsuit for his cut of money from illegal activities?  Cuz that's how pimps get their money?  Judges love helping criminals get their money.  

By the way, the CO doesn't need an FBI or pending case to deny a visa.  The mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to deny a visa.

I am so done... lol 

but yes It doesn't make sense

Swear in 03/20/2015

U.S. Citizenship 2015 Nov~

Removing conditions on Residency

I-751 Filed 06/09/2014
NOA 1 NEVER RECEIVED (EDIT - MY HUSBAND PUT THAT LETTER IN THE CAR...GRRRR I JUST NOTICED THAT AFTER I RECEIVED MY GREENCARD)
Biometrics 07/14/2014
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC Oct/29/2014)
RFE Received 12/18/2014
2nd Bio 01/23/2015
3rd Bio 02/03/2015 + Infopass for I-551 stamp
RFE Responded 02/04/2015 (Mailed RFE Jan 30)
Approved!!!!! 02/10/2015
Card Mailed 02/17/2015 Card was picked up by the usps 02/18/2015
Card in hand 02/21/2015 !!!!!

Adjust to permanent resident status

Filed 05/03/2012
NOA 1 05/07/2012(notice date)
Biometrics 06/08/2012
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC June/01/2012)
Approved 09/05/2012
(welcome notice with card)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.