Sarge2155

January 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hi everyone 😊. I am the petitioner and I filed the I-129f for back on January 10th and already got my NOA1 but there’s still something that’s bothering me. So here’s the problem, I last visited my fiancé on January 30th 2017 and I filed the the I-129f on January 10th 2019 ,  does that meet the 2 year meeting requirement? I know it’s within the the 2 years but I’m scares it’s too close .  Do you guys think we could be denied because of that ? Thank you so much in advance 😊

4 minutes ago, Mariama224 said:

Hi everyone 😊. I am the petitioner and I filed the I-129f for back on January 10th and already got my NOA1 but there’s still something that’s bothering me. So here’s the problem, I last visited my fiancé on January 30th 2017 and I filed the the I-129f on January 10th 2019 ,  does that meet the 2 year meeting requirement? I know it’s within the the 2 years but I’m scares it’s too close .  Do you guys think we could be denied because of that ? Thank you so much in advance 😊

No..january 30th 2017 is between jan 10th 2017 and jan 10th 2019..and you only need 1 meeting...you will have to prove your relationship to the consulate .not uscis...you will be just fine!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MsNina said:

No..january 30th 2017 is between jan 10th 2017 and jan 10th 2019..and you only need 1 meeting...you will have to prove your relationship to the consulate .not uscis...you will be just fine!

Ugh thats a relief , I was so scared of being denied because of that , but thank you so much MsNina 😊

Just now, Amie224 said:

Ugh thats a relief , I was so scared of being denied because of that , but thank you so much MsNina 😊

No worries...usually people say to frontload the petition when you have little in person time..but bring your evidence to the interview and attend the intervies if you are allowed...that should help...

31 minutes ago, Amie224 said:

The USCIS only requirement is that you met with in the prior two years of application submittal. You need to have met your fiance in person sometime during the 24 month period ending on the date you file your K1 visa request (I-129F). The actual language is from Section 214(d) of the Act, 8 U.S.C. 5 1184(d) and reads in part that a fiance petition:

…shall be approved only after satisfactory evidence is submitted by the petitioner to establish that the parties have previously met in person within two years before the date of filing the petition…

What is satisfactory evidence? You should always make sure you have entry and exit stamps on your passport. A passport carries a lot of weight with the USCIS. Pictures are important to establish the relationship does exist, but alone they don’t carry a lot of weight. Anything that can be easily construed as fake is not good evidence. A airline ticket alone doesn't prove that it was used but with baggage claim tickets, airline boarding passes and the like will help as proof but cannot stand on it's own. With this kind of evidence you should be fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

The sponsor has a tax return for 2018-2019 and he earns over the 100% income requirement for a K1 visa.

He is self-employed. 

But he doesn't have any other tax returns except for that financial year.

Will this be an issue?

Will be going to the UK Consulate.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The USCIS only requirement is that you met with in the prior two years of application submittal. You need to have met your fiance in person sometime during the 24 month period ending on the date you file your K1 visa request (I-129F). The actual language is from Section 214(d) of the Act, 8 U.S.C. 5 1184(d) and reads in part that a fiance petition:

…shall be approved only after satisfactory evidence is submitted by the petitioner to establish that the parties have previously met in person within two years before the date of filing the petition…

What is satisfactory evidence? You should always make sure you have entry and exit stamps on your passport. A passport carries a lot of weight with the USCIS. Pictures are important to establish the relationship does exist, but alone they don’t carry a lot of weight. Anything that can be easily construed as fake is not good evidence. A airline ticket alone doesn't prove that it was used but with baggage claim tickets, airline boarding passes and the like will help as proof but cannot stand on it's own. With this kind of evidence you should be fine.

Does anyone know how to collect the record for call logs on Facebook messenger? We tried downloading the information but there was no record of our calls, and we have several calls a day.

3 hours ago, Ella and James said:

Does anyone know how to collect the record for call logs on Facebook messenger? We tried downloading the information but there was no record of our calls, and we have several calls a day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/03/27/heres-how-to-download-all-your-data-from-facebook-it-might-be-a-wake-up-call/?utm_term=.c06c861f1154

I found a way to download all of your messages. You can do it one of two ways: 1. You can go to your general account settings, then "your Facebook information,"  then "download your information" , then you can scroll to the information that you want to download (i.e. messages).  

The second way if you want more specific dates is through a Facebook chat downloader. Please see the link to the article for more specifics: https://www.lifewire.com/find-your-facebook-chat-history-1949310

BTW There is a box on the very bottom that says "reply to this topic" where you can start your post to someone using the "@" sign without quoting a topic.  Quoting a topic and post an entirely different subject only confuses people. If you just want to post something to an individual without a quote then use the "@" sign then begin typing their nick name and you should see it populate to a little window that you can choose their nik. If done correctly you should see a blue box with their name in it. Like this @Greenbaum Good luck and I hope this helps navigate the thread and posts in a much easier way.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Ella and James said:

The sponsor has a tax return for 2018-2019 and he earns over the 100% income requirement for a K1 visa.

He is self-employed. 

Will this be an issue?

You asked this question and were given answers. Please only ask the question in one thread only so not to over populate VJ with duplicate questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You asked this question and were given answers. Please only ask the question in one thread only so not to over populate VJ with duplicate questions.

Sorry!

Do you think that you yourself could answer this question for me please? Your answers are always informative. Thank you! 

9 hours ago, Ella and James said:

He is self-employed. 

Will this be an issue?

The CO could very well ask the question why didn't he file taxes for the other years? The only way around this is if the P3/4 letter only ask for the past year's tax return then you won't face that question but if it ask for 3 years he should be prepared to answer that question.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
39 minutes ago, PushaKee said:

Hey peeps! Just checking on you all.. we made it through January and about to make it through February! I just got back from visiting my fiance. Jetlagged and tired but glad I got to visit. How are you all doing?

Hi ☺️, in two weeks I'm visiting my fiance,  getting excited and can't wait. And  yeeeee it's been 53 days since our NOA 1 :-). Have a nice day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, lilek.k said:

Hi ☺️, in two weeks I'm visiting my fiance,  getting excited and can't wait. And  yeeeee it's been 53 days since our NOA 1 :-). Have a nice day.

That's going to be a lot of fun!! We will get there!!

Question: At which point is everyone's fiance applying for the police check in their country? Do they need to wait until the case is assigned a number through the NVC

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.