Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

I'm trying to prepare for the I-134 and the supporting documents.  How recent do they have to be during the interview?  I'm talking about the bank statements, employment letter, paystubs and the I-134 itself.  Let's say hypothetically that my fiance will have the interview on April 2nd.  Is it good enough if my supporting documents and the I-134 are dated with February 15th? 

I'm asking because I'm going to meet my fiance soon and would like to give her all the paperwork with wet signatures instead of having to scan and send through email, and then she has to print it at a later date.

Edited by Spotify
Added more details

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, BirdSong said:

I called and got my case number today.  I'm reading online I have to pay some fees before my our case is sent to the London embassy.  I'm so confused by that.  I know I have to fill out the affidavit of support, but what exactly are these fees the petionioner (Me) have to pay?

Yes I wonder that too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Our case has been "in transit" since last week and the embassy received the paperwork this past Monday. How long does it generally take for it to update to "ready" ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, carmzzzt said:

Reading the thread, seems like we’re all agitated with another 2 months max wait for NOA2 to NVC to the embassies. Haha. But what’s a few weeks compared to the 5 months we waited? We’re almost theeere.☝🏽

Some have waited closer to 7 months...and some even longer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, BirdSong said:

Thanks. So what exactly needs to be done on my behalf?

I have my employee letter and pay stubs for the affidavit of support.  My fiance needs those for his interview, correct? I plan on getting those to him when I go to visit him next month.  I'm just confused on what else needs to be done and in what order. 

Yes, you need to get that affidavit of support prepared immediately.   The instructions are pretty clear.   Thailand also requires an IRS transcript of the previous year tax return.   That takes about 10 days to get so might want to get working on it if required by UK.   

Looks like that might be the only thing you need to send to your fiance.   Here's a link to the required documents that he needs to take to the interview.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pinkitmake said:

Our case has been "in transit" since last week and the embassy received the paperwork this past Monday. How long does it generally take for it to update to "ready" ?

did the status change to "received" or still in transit?   (If not changed, how do you know they got it?)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Spotify said:

I'm trying to prepare for the I-134 and the supporting documents.  How recent do they have to be during the interview?  I'm talking about the bank statements, employment letter, paystubs and the I-134 itself.  Let's say hypothetically that my fiance will have the interview on April 2nd.  Is it good enough if my supporting documents and the I-134 are dated with February 15th? 

I'm asking because I'm going to meet my fiance soon and would like to give her all the paperwork with wet signatures instead of having to scan and send through email, and then she has to print it at a later date.

Greenbaum mentioned that there is somewhat of a grace period.  I'd think there has to be because you cannot pull all that together in a day.   Bangkok embassy wants bank letters and an IRS transcript.   Some took two weeks.   Also, in Thailand, we need to submit the information prior to the interview being scheduled.   I'm anticipating that it will needed sometime in February, so I completed it during January and sent that to her already.   The i-134 form is already expired........but, that's what they've got available so that's what went.  Hoping it will all be OK, but who knows..........may have to send the update.   Probably depends on who is doing the review.

Edited by DanielPlainview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
7 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

did the status change to "received" or still in transit?   (If not changed, how do you know they got it?)

It's still showing in transit, but according to DHL, it was delivered and signed for on Monday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

Yes, you need to get that affidavit of support prepared immediately.   The instructions are pretty clear.   Thailand also requires an IRS transcript of the previous year tax return.   That takes about 10 days to get so might want to get working on it if required by UK.   

Looks like that might be the only thing you need to send to your fiance.   Here's a link to the required documents that he needs to take to the interview.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

You can get a transcript of previous years tax filings online and in minutes.  Just plug in IRS transcript and you have to create an account (again in minutes) and then be next to a printer😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Spotify said:

I thought there was no rush in filling this out until the case is at the embassy. Is this a wrong assumption of mine?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

You can get a transcript of previous years tax filings online and in minutes.  Just plug in IRS transcript and you have to create an account (again in minutes) and then be next to a printer😊

Yeah, that's probably true for most people, but in my case during the registration process, I entered my mobile phone number, which I've had for about 18 months, and they responded with a "Sorry, we don't recognize your phone number".   In this case, they have to snail mail a letter to your home address with a code that you can go back in and enter and THEN you get to sit next to a printer and print off.   There is also a screen where you can request the transcript without creating an account.............I did both.   The transcript actually made it to the house faster than the account verification code.   Shocked too, as this was during the shutdown.

My point.........take care of this immediately so you're not delaying anything in the event of unforeseen circumstances.   

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

I thought there was no rush in filling this out until the case is at the embassy. Is this a wrong assumption of mine?

It took me a few weeks to gather the information I wanted to send.   Mine is now ready for immediate submission when the embassy gets my case from NVC.   Bangkok wants this information, which is included in Packet 3, before they will schedule an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Correct, That one works but the link on that page doesn’t work haha that’s what I meant sorry. 

Hello VJers, just a quick question. I saw on the NVC website (nvc.state.gov/k1 which redirects to travel.state.gov) that the K-1 is valid for 4 months from the time USCIS approves the petition, unless a CO extends the petition - see below. Does this mean my fiancé need to be interviewed before May 8 (our NOA2 is January 8)? I plan to join my fiancé for his interview, but I won’t be in Manila til May 16. Thanks a lot for your inputs!!! 

4971A15D-E6F4-4090-8B5D-26BADFC5D4B7.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.