Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, BirdSong said:

I called and got my case number today.  I'm reading online I have to pay some fees before my our case is sent to the London embassy.  I'm so confused by that.  I know I have to fill out the affidavit of support, but what exactly are these fees the petionioner (Me) have to pay?

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-fees/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, DanielPlainview said:

Likely the visa application fee, but that won't stop it from going to the Embassy.   You'll pay after you do the DS160......I understand petitioner or beneficiary can pay.

Thanks. So what exactly needs to be done on my behalf?

I have my employee letter and pay stubs for the affidavit of support.  My fiance needs those for his interview, correct? I plan on getting those to him when I go to visit him next month.  I'm just confused on what else needs to be done and in what order. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NOA2 approved on Jan 22 ( paper copy says 21). Just got off the phone with USCIS, they were pretty rude.

I asked if my petition was at least sent out to NVC. The officer was so annoyed at that question telling me that it is scheduled to get transferred and gave me the whole " it'll take 30-60 days for NVC to receive it" speech. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Just called. Tier 1 has access to this. It was shipped out on the 24th. Not sure why it took 2 weeks to be shipped out but o well, it should be at the NVC by now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, manofdahour said:

Just called. Tier 1 has access to this. It was shipped out on the 24th. Not sure why it took 2 weeks to be shipped out but o well, it should be at the NVC by now.

You got the nice officer ! All tier 1's told me they "can't see" this information. 

6 hours ago, Mer and Matt said:

@Greenbaum a while ago you send me the information for the Netherlands including a link to schedule the medical but this link doesn’t work? Do you have another link for me? 

Thank you for all you help! 

It's working for me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NIkIYepyA0bOTE3h8o-4f3ju4HkLy7Si/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Olichka said:

Just ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer. If they don't let you, hang up and call again. When someone picks up the phone say that you just called and were getting transferred to Tier 2 but the connection failed and you got hung up on :) They should connect you right away ! 

My only confusion was always to get to even talk to anybody. I finally got the right combination of options haha, i dialed 1 2 3 2 and got me on the waiting list to a representative. They informed me my case is on its way to the NVC which is relieving, but the agent also mentioned it can take up to 180 days for the NVC to send it to the embassy. I want to stay positive and think they throw in that number in general way of saying some cases just take way longer than other cases. I can't imagine mine takes that long.

Thanks for the information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
18 hours ago, Sara Bareq said:

So I called NVC today , they still haven’t received my case , it was approved January 16 , 3 weeks ago , has anyone with an approval close to mine receive a case number yet?

Mine was january 12th and I haven't received news about it yet :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancée just got a hold of them and our case has been received!

I checked the status on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and got the following message in the picture below. The officer said that the case was being prepared to be sent though.

So I guess I'm right to assume that the talk about "various fees" and "six steps" is an automatic message destined to the general public?

NVC status 01-31-2019.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just called NVC and was on hold for about 15 mins before talking with someone.  I had to give my receipt number and she was able to check for me.  Our case isn't there yet, but we were very much expecting that as it's only been a week since NOA2 (just being overly hopeful here 😂).  The representative was really nice though and just said "Sorry we don't have anything yet".  So, don't be afraid to call, it was pretty painless.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Moraesm said:

My fiancée just got a hold of them and our case has been received!

I checked the status on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and got the following message in the picture below. The officer said that the case was being prepared to be sent though.

So I guess I'm right to assume that the talk about "various fees" and "six steps" is an automatic message destined to the general public?

NVC status 01-31-2019.jpg

Nice , glad to read some people are actually having their cases received. Gives more hopes haha. I selected immigrant visa plugged in the wac number and entered the captcha code, but I keep getting the error that the code entered doesn't match the one in the screen. I don't know if even their error is spitting out the right information.

1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

Nice , glad to read some people are actually having their cases received. Gives more hopes haha. I selected immigrant visa plugged in the wac number and entered the captcha code, but I keep getting the error that the code entered doesn't match the one in the screen. I don't know if even their error is spitting out the right information.

That page only works with the DOS case number...Not the USCIS number...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

The WAC number and the NVC number are entirely different. You need the number issued by the NVC in order to check the status at the CEAC website.

I too have tried the CEAC website with the WAC number before hahahaha

Edited by Moraesm

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Moraesm said:

The WAC number and the NVC number are entirely different. You need the number issued by the NVC in order to check the status that the CECA website.

I too have tried the CECA website with the WAC number before hahahaha

Ah no wonder haha, cools thanks for letting me know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.