2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/29/2020 at 6:21 AM, MariaR323 said:

We had bad luck...

We are within 30 days of expired extension notice and called today to request Infopass for passport stamp and got turned down. Rep said they are only scheduling Infopass for emergency reasons for travel. I guess it doesn't help our local office here in Los Angeles is one of the hardest hit cities with COVID-19 🙁

On 6/29/2020 at 8:05 AM, MariaR323 said:

I tried to argue that point as well but rep said that if anybody is in a position to question immigration status that they would be able to verify the case is pending and due to the COVID-19 situation that appointments are not being scheduled.

I did forget to ask if there was an ETA on when we could start scheduling an appt... so I guess we just have to watch the news or try calling back in every week or two.

That's so frustrating. I have heard the same from other people in other cities and states, USCIS refuses to do anything unless you have a documented emergency of some kind. I have seen like one single person being successful despite not having an emergency, but they had to call USCIS over and over and over to end up with an employee who actually agreed to give them an appointment. But I'm guessing that even if you do manage to get an appointment, you can still be turned down at the actual office for not having an emergency? 

Either way, this is a very difficult situation for pretty much everyone who has an pending process of any kind right now. And regarding the ROC and extension letter, many people's drivers licenses are only valid as long as the extension letter is, and they can't get a i-551 stamp to renew their licenses because it's not consided an emergency. But to many people it is, they risk losing their jobs if they can't drive anymore. It's almost like USCIS are forcing people to drive illegally. And DMV should seriously have a solution for this issue..

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/11/2020 at 4:39 PM, Charming12 said:

How long did it take for congressman to get a response from USCIS? I have contacted both congressman and senator to see whats going with my case? My congressman is useless and complete waste of time. All his office staff is saying that we are in contact with USCIS with no progress since April 2020. I reached out to senator last week after congressman failed to help me.hopefully she will have a good news for me

Congressman staff is saying the same thing that we are in contact with USCIS and working on getting updates. It takes them almost two weeks to get response at first time. Second time I have a call from them that they will contact USCIS but no response so far. After reading your post I have contacted the Senator as well. Let’s see if they can help in anyway. I have more than enough evidence in both applications and have no idea why some people’s cases are processed faster than ours from the safe service center. DC fuels office sent interview notices for N-400 to the people who filled their petitions months after us and we are sitting ducks here 😠 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anybody else have their I-751 filed at/transferred to Potomac Service Center? California and many other offices are working on petitions from September 2019... Mine is stuck at Potomac, filed in January 2019 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Chih said:

Does anyone know if USCIS will send out another extension letter after the current 16 months is expired?

From what I understand, they do not send another extension letter. Unless anything has changed due to COVID that is.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

58 minutes ago, KatieL said:

Does anybody else have their I-751 filed at/transferred to Potomac Service Center? California and many other offices are working on petitions from September 2019... Mine is stuck at Potomac, filed in January 2019 :(

I wish. I don't think this is a high priority for them, especially if they are denying people appointments for passport stamps :(

Spoiler

2/25/16...Mailed I-129F packet to Dallas lockbox

2/27/16...USPS confirms delivery at post office

3/3/16...Money order cashed

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

5/26/16...NOA2 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/20/16...Case number assigned

6/29/16...Medical

7/12/16...Interview Approved!

7/13/16...Visa in Administrative Processing

7/14/16...Visa Issued
7/19/16...Visa received (courier)
7/25/16...Arrival in US ❤️ (via Dublin POE)

8/1/16...City Hall wedding

8/9/16...Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet to Chicago lockbox

8/12/16...NOA1 email/text

8/30/16...Received biometrics letter

9/2/16...Early walk-in biometrics at Portland, ME field office

10/17/16...EAD/AP status changed to "Approved"

11/1/16...Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

3/22/17...AOS approved without interview

3/30/17...Green Card received in mail

ROC

2/11/19...Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas lockbox

2/15/19...Package delivered by USPS

2/19/19...Text message - receipt notice 

2/20/19...Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nathpuria said:

Congressman staff is saying the same thing that we are in contact with USCIS and working on getting updates. It takes them almost two weeks to get response at first time. Second time I have a call from them that they will contact USCIS but no response so far. After reading your post I have contacted the Senator as well. Let’s see if they can help in anyway. I have more than enough evidence in both applications and have no idea why some people’s cases are processed faster than ours from the safe service center. DC fuels office sent interview notices for N-400 to the people who filled their petitions months after us and we are sitting ducks here 😠 

My congressman staff are joke and I don't have much expectation from senator either. We all are at the mercy of USCIS and its mind boggling how they process cases?I saw some of the case filed earlier this year in 2020 got approved other day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chih said:

Does anyone know if USCIS will send out another extension letter after the current 16 months is expired?

No because the expiration of the extension letter is tied to the date your actual green card expires. A new extension letter does not give you an additional 18 months of proof of status. It would useless. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

No because the expiration of the extension letter is tied to the date your actual green card expires. A new extension letter does not give you an additional 18 months of proof of status. It would useless. 

Now on the other hand, Myuscis web account shows expected time for completion of my N-400 is one month, also on the bottom it says they are taking longer than expected time. As my Congressman staff told me before that USCIS told them that my both cases will get decisioned together. My I-751 was transferred to my local field office two weeks after I filed N-400. One month sounds great but without interview notice or any other update...It means nothing 😢 

AB46866F-E6FE-4111-84D9-6A6DB4D493E6.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nathpuria said:

Now on the other hand, Myuscis web account shows expected time for completion of my N-400 is one month, also on the bottom it says they are taking longer than expected time. As my Congressman staff told me before that USCIS told them that my both cases will get decisioned together. My I-751 was transferred to my local field office two weeks after I filed N-400. One month sounds great but without interview notice or any other update...It means nothing 😢 

AB46866F-E6FE-4111-84D9-6A6DB4D493E6.png

Do you have to travel soon or are starting a new job? You are still a permanent resident with asll the benefits even if your letter expires. My letter Expired and I'm still waiting for both my cases to be processed just like you. My expected completion is September but I'm not really expecting much at this point. 

1 hour ago, Chih said:

blockquote widget

Edited by Thegirl

Timeline

USCIS expects us to wait once the letter is expired and if you have an emergency you can apply for a stamp. I applied in Summer of 2018 so I fully understand the frustration with waiting. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thegirl said:

Do you have to travel soon or are starting a new job? You are still a permanent resident with asll the benefits even if your letter expires. My letter Expired and I'm still waiting for both my cases to be processed just like you. My expected completion is September but I'm not really expecting much at this point. 

I am traveling in March but it’s months away so I hope by then my cases will be processed, unless I have really bad luck. I’m working full time in the same company and not planing to change jobs anytime soon, unless better opportunity  presents itself lol. I agree that this online expected completion time means nothing at this moment. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Has anyone recently received RFE letter ? My online status changed on June 29 , but I still have not received the letter yet 

I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence 

Feb 15, 2019 , case was received 
Feb 25,2019 , Received extension Letter 
March 12,2019 , Received Biometric letter 
March 28,2019 ,  Finger prints Completed 

Online status stayed as “ case was received on Feb 15,2019”

June 29,2020 , online status changed to “Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent”
July 16, 2020 , called uscis and learned that they had never mailed the RFE letter . It’s still in the process of drafting 

My wife got her I-751 approval letter in the mail today. It is dated July 8, the date of her N-400 interview.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.