Chris Duffy

Gas Prices - Cheap in my area

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Satisfied said:

Subsidies to the corn growers and distilleries.  Gives the false impression that ethanol fuel is cheaper.  Not only is it more expensive,  unless you have a vehicle with an engine made for it, ethanol is bad for seals, causing them to deteriorate more quickly.  

Yea...its sucks. I run my boats, atvs and other small engines on the good stuff. Just blows that it costs more to me when it should actually be cheaper. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, MacUK said:

Well, here it's around £1.27/litre so that works out at about $6 a gallon

Certainly cheaper here in the Colonies.

Seeing stations locally asking $1.84/gal.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Certainly cheaper here in the Colonies.

Seeing stations locally asking $1.84/gal.

Have you seen all the oil wells and drilling in Midland Texas area?

I have lots of friends in the Oil/Gas business,  he snapped this pic this week over Midland area. All those white dots are oil rigs

[Linked Image]

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

I read something about how for the first time in many years we are now a net exporter of oil. Nice to use our own resources and not be forced to obtain resources from nations that don't share our goals and ideology for once.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

33 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I read something about how for the first time in many years we are now a net exporter of oil. Nice to use our own resources and not be forced to obtain resources from nations that don't share our goals and ideology for once.

On my facebook a few weeks ago, I saw Governor Abbott (Texas Governor) say something about OPEC trying to cut back production to raise gas prices, Abbott wrote we will flood the US markets and open more pipelines to supply gas and oil, then he wrote "Don't Mess With Texas", 

That was pretty cool

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Cheapest in my area is Costco @ $2.14.  Average is around $2.27.  

Probably all those northerners that are down here now driving up the demand. ☹️

Edited: OLD northerners that don't know how to drive....

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

22 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Cheapest in my area is Costco @ $2.14.  Average is around $2.27.  

Probably all those northerners that are down here now driving up the demand. ☹️

Edited: OLD northerners that don't know how to drive....

Old northerners consider driving a competitive sport, just remember vehicular right of way is god given and not to be trifled with

3 hours ago, Damara said:

Im in NC (beach tourist area) and the lowest Ive seen is $2.40- travel back over the bridge and its $2.10

OBX area????? If that is the case then it doesn't surprise me at all at that price. 

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

OBX area????? If that is the case then it doesn't surprise me at all at that price. 

Yup. Its nice here and all but the prices of everything is crazy. Limited choices for shopping, restaurants, doctors. They dont have curbside recycling here but they do have a no plastic bag ban at stores so you end up with a dozen paper bags to carry up the stairs that are so cheap and thin they always rip. The premium gas prices are just another headache. Its either pay them or drive 20+ mins over the bridge for gas and then back- any savings in price wouldn't be worth it. Im not so actively looking for places to move to, no idea where though.

15 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Have you seen all the oil wells and drilling in Midland Texas area?

I have lots of friends in the Oil/Gas business,  he snapped this pic this week over Midland area. All those white dots are oil rigs

[Linked Image]

I have a couple buddies I served with that are roughnecks right now making good money. Another guy I know through dating his sister(we all stayed friends) is a Technician on the rigs making boko of money right now 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oil-price inflation during the last so-called boom had incredible impact on areas of west Texas.  Small towns had to build motels and lodging at warp speed, and existing residents were renting single rooms in their houses to 2 or 3 workers at a time.  Many towns had their roads all torn up by constant traffic from big rigs.  Many towns couldn't keep employees on staff because everyone left to work in the oilfields.  In larger cities (including Midland), it was difficult to find hotel rooms, and any that were available were insanely expensive.

(This on its face, not meant to be heavy analysis) To keep the O&G industry moving forward while being fair to consumers, I think that oil prices of $45 to $52 a barrel would be a fair compromise.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have a couple buddies I served with that are roughnecks right now making good money. Another guy I know through dating his sister(we all stayed friends) is a Technician on the rigs making boko of money right now 

You can make all the money you want when they are producing, It is either fest of famine.  A young guy in his early 20's with no education can easily make over $100K per year working in the oil patch